27: Jaguar's Legacy

Jungkook took a couple of hours in my sister's room before he decided to get out

Jungkook took a couple of hours in my sister's room before he decided to get out. I am with Dr. Jung in his office and we're having coffee when he knocked on the door to see me.

"Nessey, we have to talk." He said, looking at me with his puffy eyes. I looked at Dr. Jung and he just smiled at me. "Hyung." He called and walked closer to him.

"Yes, do you need anything?"

"C-can I--" He paused and gulped hard. "Can I visit her again tomorrow?"

The doctor looked at me for a second and reverted to Jungkook. "Yes. Of course. It's just-- tomorrow's her session. She usually -- doesn't want anyone to see her afterwards. She's in so much pain and usually preferred to be alone."

Jungkook sighed and lowered his gaze. "How about the next day?"

"I'll let you know."

"Please, let me see her often?" Jungkook said, looking at the doctor with his teary doe eyes.

"Sure." The doctor briefly answered and nodded.

"Hyung, I know. I know that you and Reese has something going on. But -- she's still my wife and -- I spent enough time with her to deserve to be here." He said, making me bite my lower lip and lower my gaze. "Please, don't take that away from me."

"Junggoo." The doctor called with his soft voice. "You don't have to ask. We both care for her."

Jungkook smiled and wiped his eyes with the back of his hand. "Thank you."

"Come here." The older said and moved to give him a hug. They shared a warm and long hug before he pulled back and look at him.

"Thank you for looking after her. I owe you a lot." He said and sniffed.

"You owe nothing. I love her too." Dr. Jung answered, making me stand up from the cushion.

I cleared my throat before speaking. "I'll-- I'll be outside." I said and made a half-smile. I walked out the room and quietly closed the door. I gave them their private time to talk. I didn't even meet their eyes watching me get out the room. I firmly closed my eyes and leaned my forehead against the door. I didn't expect for me to release another sob but I immediately clamp my hand over my lips.

This is harder than I thought. Everthing is just too overwhelming, clouding and suffocating. I don't even know if I am crying because of my sister's worsening condition or if its because I witnessed how Jungkook showed that he loved her too. I just can't take it anymore.

This is urging me to run away again. I am always good at that.

I walked to the window, did my best to calm myself down. But the tears are flooding my vision again. I found myself digging my hand in my pocket to call my best friend. I waited for his voice to fill my speakers while I press the heel of my palm against my eye socket, a tear slowly rolling down my cheek.