24: Brutal Honesty (2)

I woke up with the loud ringing of my alarm clock

I woke up with the loud ringing of my alarm clock. I slowly flutter my eyes open and pushed the button of the ringing clock on my bedside table. When I turned to my bed, Jin is not here anymore. Just a pink sticky note with his handwritten message.

👨‍⚕️ Good morning, my So-yah. I missed an early class today, Nayeon saw me walk out of your door. I can't escape your embrace and it's not that I'm complaining. See you soon. Goodluck on your finals. I love you.
- Seokjinnie

I smiled reading that. But it slowly faded when I remembered the happenings yesterday. Flashes of Jungkook's blood filled my head. I touched my forehead and sighed heavily. I still can't believe what happened to him. He was just all healthy and annoying the other day. I shake my head to get rid of the horrors of the worst day of my life.

I jumped off the bed to get myself a quick warm shower. The finals are coming up. I will visit there this evening after my classes and Mom too. I hope she's better now.

Weeks passed, my thoughts are all about finals and Jungkook. I haven't seen Jin for weeks too. He is too busy looking out for my brother and that actually relieved me. He assured me that he has been watching him and reminds me to focus more at school. I was able to visit him every other day. I can't really watch him for hours. I get disturbed about how he looked so helpless on his bed surrounded with those beeping machines. His head is covered with this helmet that has endless wires on them, they said they are monitoring his brainwaves to make sure he's responding to some of the procedures they are doing.

It's terrifying to be honest. And his body looks tinier than he had looked in his whole life. That boy is obssessed with working out and he is the most muscular 19 year old I have ever seen in my life. He even looked bigger than Yoongi and Jimin even though those two are older than him. And seeing him this small and weak, it's overbearing.

On those times I visited Jungkook, I got no luck in seeing Jin in the hospital. It has been 3 weeks already. I am getting worried for him too. I noticed that he lost weight on those short video calls we do sometimes. What I mean by sometimes, I mean once a week. We can't even last for 3 minutes because he is always on call. But he sends random messages if he's on class or on duty.

At least he updates me. But I am a needy girlfriend, I need my man right now.

I decided to visit him in his apartment. He is room mates with Namjoon. And Yoongi and Jimin. I just hope I won't run across those two because I am still mad about them. I pushed the doorbell of the familiar door in front of me and seconds later, Namjoon opened it. He is ready to go to his classes.

"Is Jin home?" I asked, extending my neck to at least look inside.

"Oh, Jisoo-noona." He called and looks on his wrist watch "No. He left early today." He answered. "Would you like to wait inside? But I don't think he'll finish his shift soon. He's taking double shifts since last week."