35: Continental (2)

"L, you're spacing out again

"L, you're spacing out again." I heard Chae said as she puts more folders on the top of my desk. "Are you okay?"

"Huh?" I mumbled and looks at her. "Yeah, I'm -- I'm not spacing out, just-- just thinking." I said and gets back to the paperworks I was working earlier.

"Jisoo-unnie just wanted you to apologize." Chae said, making me bite my lower lip and looks at her again. "She hates lying. Worse, if she knows it and you kept going."

I sighed and scratch my forehead. "Chae, things aren't that easy. I can't just tell you things-- just like that. The more you guys know less, the safer."

Chae sat on the couch. "I knew about you racing. Jimin told me."

I raised my eyebrows. "What? He did?!"

She nodded. "He came to my apartment on the night you and Jungkook went to race. He was bleeding like crazy and he said he's running away from someone that night."

"What the fuck?!" I exclaimed. "He is not supposed to involve you in this! I'm going to call that asshole." I said and stood up to walk to the shelf where my bag is placed.

"Hey, L. I asked for it." Chae said, making me pause and look at her. "It's what I asked if he wants to continue what we have. I can't be with someone who is keeping me in the dark."

I blinked several times hearing that. That's funny because I have been keeping Jungkook in the dark since the beginning. The Playing Princess was never an accident. It was a part of the plan. I took advantage of Mom's obsession to make her empire more powerful and she took the bait to made me play Reese. I was never a part of Trion, the leading dragracing gang in Bangkok lead by Ten. But they are the one who helped me made this plan possible. My reputation as Hennessey is enough for me to receive their loyalty. The way the Continental wanted me is enough for them to understand that the ranks I made for myself is nothing but a title. The skills and experience matter more.

For those times of me Playing Princess, I gave them the needed emotion and reaction to make it more believable.

Was I expecting Jungkook to know it was me and not Reese? Absolutely. I have that fucking tattoo that Jungkook engrave it himself.

Was I really mad about Jungkook hiding that he knows it's me and not Reese? Yes, I was. I had too. Because that was also a part of my plan. Do you have any idea how excited I was to call him Dodge Viper again? To see him chase after me when I drive away? I had to let him know that I am completely furious about him lying to me for him to do everything just to keep me beside him. I know him enough for me to predict that he will pretend that he never know that I am Hennessey. In that way, I will learn more about the reason why he didn't race again. That was the main reason why I agreed to Play the Princess. To know him more and to know why he cannot race anymore.

When I heard about what happened to him, I genuinely broke into million pieces. At some point, I was happy that he was miserable. He fucking deserved that. But at the back of my head, I cannot deny that my love for him when I was 16 just became stronger when I knew him as Jungkook. When he was declaring his love for my sister, I was hurt. That's the fucking truth. I was jealous. Like fuck. When we spent that night in Paris, there are countless times that I wished we stayed like that. Away from Seoul, away from Horizon and away from everyone. Just the two of us. Because back then, I only knew him as Viper and I only saw his obssession with dragracing, winning and that both destroyed our whole being.