66: The Trophy

I released a heavy sigh as I welcome the yellow Hennessey sports car parked in front of the gate with my eyes

I released a heavy sigh as I welcome the yellow Hennessey sports car parked in front of the gate with my eyes. I bite my lower lip as I stop the shaking of my hands. I clenched my fists and released another heavy sigh. My thumbs lightly brush the Hennessey logo on my key holder. Okay, Lisa. Are you sure about this? You haven’t been in a race for years. 5 goddamn years. I bite my lower lip again, turning to the key inside my palm. I looked at my reflection on that tainted car window and I might look the same but something’s totally different.

I suddenly heard the gate beeped, Jungkook walking out with his leather jacket and high-cut Prada boots, making him taller than he already is.

He is rummaging in his pocket, probably looking for something when he glanced at me. He was about to look at the parked Dodge Viper by the other side of the road that was driven by the Valets that he asked earlier but he turned his head to give me a second look. His eyes travelled from my high-cut Converse to my face; fully scanning my look. They flashed an entire nostalgia because of how I usually dress up when I race from way, way back years ago. I am wearing these pair of black jeans and my favorite band shirt underneath a leather jacket too. I also tied a bandana on my short hair to keep them in place throughout the race I agreed to be a part of tonight.

Same old Hennessey.

Apparently, I don’t go and live with that name anymore.

“Oh, my God.” He whispered, tilting his head as he stares at me. “Y—you look—b-beautiful.” He said, scratching his nape and awkwardly smiled at me.

“Did you just stutter?”

He bite his lower lip, keeping that smile from growing wider. “You think so?” He asked, striding huge steps to walk towards me. Before I can even answer to that, he pulled my waist and cupped my cheek to collide our lips. I am caught with that sudden kiss but didn’t hesitate to respond to him. I felt his hand on my nape as he pulls me up, making me tip my toes from the pavement. I trailed my hands from his arms to his neck. My fingers tangling on his hair that smells like baby powder. He smells like a baby.

My giant baby.

“Jungkook—” I called and parts from the kiss. But he moved to kiss me again, making me giggle against his lips. “Okay, I get it. You’re whipped.” I said and pressed my hand against his chest, looking up to him. His eyes are closed, still demanding for more kisses. He brushed my lips lightly with his thumb.

“You’re just—” He whispered and opens his eyes to look at me. “—so beautiful.”

I smiled, looking away. “Alright. Thank you for saying that. But enough with the compliments.” I said, giggling. He smiled and kissed my cheek again. Such a needy and clingy bunny, eh?

“One more kiss, baby.” He said and lifted my chin to kiss me again. I felt his hand on the back of my head to keep me close. I let him savor my lips for more kisses, who am I to complain though? I am too in love with this man and kissing would be the best time of my day. His hand travelled to my nape down to my back, attempting to pull me closer. My fingers gripped on his dress shirt and pulled back to breathe. Jeez, this man. Can he let me breathe for a second?