61: Together

I smiled as I watch Jungshin soundly sleeping on his bed

I smiled as I watch Jungshin soundly sleeping on his bed. He is still sucking his thumb and the skin he keeps on biting is looking worse. I should work on making him stop it or else, he’ll end up not getting rid of it until he's older. I touched his hair with my fingers and moved to lightly kiss his head.

“Wake up, pumpkin. You’ll be late for school.” I whispered and sniffs his hair. He slowly opened his eyes and rubbed them. I watched how he gradually created that smile on his face.

“Mom!” He called and jumped over me. I giggled when he started to shower my face with kisses like he used to do whenever I come home from all the works in the barn. Seeing him here again is almost bringing me to tears. God, I miss him so much. “You look different. You cut your hair.” He said, touching my hair, even pouting. “I can’t tangle them anymore when I sleep.”

I giggled. “You still can, pumpkin.” I said and shakes my head, making my hair move along with it.

“Wouldn’t it be painful though?”

I kissed his nose. “I don’t mind, pumpkin. Come here! One more hug!” I said and wrapped my arms around him, giving him with a lot of kisses too. Even sniffing his neck that makes him scream because it tickles him so much. His laugh, God I miss the sound of his laugh.

“Oh, Mom. Dad isn’t here. He’s in China.” He suddenly said, making me nod.

“Uncle Lucid told me. Don’t worry, I know. How’s a waffle toast for breakfast today anyway?” I asked, lifting him up from the bed.

“Yes!”

We finally walk downstairs and Nana met me downstairs. I arrived early this morning and seeing her open the door for me really gave me the foretaste of what home is. Even though this wasn’t the place that Jungkook used to live alone. He took a bigger place, giving Jungshin his own bedroom. I noticed the collectible car toys in his room and for sure, those were Jungkook’s. I remember him telling me back then that he is obsessed with collecting these kind of toys and being a kid who restrains himself from opening them is such an amusing dedication for his age.

But seeing those toys out of their boxes, Jungshin became his new dedication.

“Aren’t you tired, Lisa? You just had a 6-hour travel back home.” I heard Nana asked while preparing those frozen strawberries that we will use for the strawberry milk shake that Jungshin loves.

“I’m fine, Nana. I had enough rest. I am just so excited to see you guys in here.” I answered while preparing Jungshin’s bag pack for school. “How’s your stay here so far? Are you getting used to Seoul?”

She warmly giggled. “I am fine, as long as I have you and Jungshin. Jungkook is a very delightful father. He is a very busy man but he never misses to give your child a bedtime story. He will always end up sleeping in Jungshin’s bed too.”