46: Pumpkin

"Yah

"Yah. Should I cut your finger to stop you from sucking it?" I teased my little pumpkin as he thumb sucks beside me.

"Mom, I'm 5. It's normal for kids to thumb suck." He answered with his lips pouting. He pulled his small bunny stuff toy and covered his face with it. I giggled and pulled it but he didn't budge and continued hiding beneath it. I tickled his sides, making his laugh echoed in the whole room. It's funny how their laughs even sounded the same. How their big eyes look the same. How they pout the same and how lovely they both are.

Did I do something great to be gifted with a beautiful human like this? If I remember it right, I was a chaos. A liar. A great pretender, you could say. Everything about me is nothing but lies.

I finally stopped tickling him and rested my head on my hand. He peeked through his stuff toy and giggled again. I smiled and moved to kiss his forehead instead. "Teacher Myer told me something this morning." I said, making him widen his eyes on me.

"Did she tell you I kissed Jessica? That was not on purpose, Mom!" He answered, making me narrow my eyes on him.

"You did what?"

"I swear, it's an accident." He said and sits on the bed to look closer at me. "She was sitting on the grass and I was drawing there by the table. I dropped my crayon and it fell beside her. When I was about to reach for it, she did. And she gave it to me. I thanked her though. It's not polite not to. And then I felt her moving closer to me. When I turned to look at her, she was inches away! And - and-"

I laughed. His cheeks are burning.

"Mom, stop laughing." He said and covers his face. "That was so embarrassing."

"Pumpkin, no. Teacher Myer didn't tell me about kissing." I said, making him tilt his head and peek between his fingers.

"She didn't?"

I shake my head as a no. "Although I found that amusing. Jessica tried to kiss you."

He rolled his eyes. "I hate it because Josephine saw it. I like her. Jessica is - not very kind." He said, making me giggle again. "Anyway, what did she tell you, Mom?" He said, shifting the topic.

"No, I want to talk about Josephine." I teased, making him crunch his nose and wiggle his shoulders.

"Mom, please respect my privacy." He said and crosses his arms against his chest, making me laugh again.

"Fine. Okay." I answered and smiled. "Were you trying to read Calculous again?" I asked, making him slowly lose his smile and looks down on his stuff toy.

"Uhm.."

"Hey, it's okay. You can tell me." I answered and touches his cheek.

"She saw the formulas I had written on my table. I thought she wouldn't notice." He answered sheepishly. "She teaches basic math so-I thought she'll think of it as rubbish ."