23: Brutal Honesty

Author's Note: Hello, beautiful humans! So, this chapter is back to Lisa's point of view

Author's Note: Hello, beautiful humans! So, this chapter is back to Lisa's point of view. To be on track, you may go back to Chapter 17: Lexus, that's when Chae and Lisa drove from Jimin's penthouse to Reese's gallery.

Hope you enjoy it!
Borahae 💜

PS. I have been searching for BangPink edits and that JinSoo edit is quite impressive. The visuals are 👌

🌸

"Oh, my God." That was the only thing Jennie said, her teacup still in her hand not even letting it touch her lips. "I fucking knew it!" We are all gathered in Reese's gallery, spilling tea.

"So, after you talked, you run away and had a car accident?" Jisoo asked, staring at the scratches on my face. I just nodded and they all released a heavy sigh.

"At least you're all safe now." Chae said and touched her forehead. "Now that Jungkook knows, what will happen then?" She asked, looking at Jisoo beside her.

"Why didn't he say anything?" Jisoo asked, looking at me. "My brother should've said anything in the first place. Why did he have to pretend two weeks after Paris?"

I bite my lip. Well, because he doesn't want Hennessey to run away?

"I don't know." I answered looking down my tea. "I don't really care. At least I won't have to pretend in front of him. The Playing Princess gets in my nerves sometimes. I wasn't used to this environment. You know that, Chae. I can't even drive in this place when I have always been in love with driving. It's a little overwhelming to be honest." I said and bite my lower lip.

They didn't answer to that. They probably understand it, perhaps. Besides, I am still a complete stranger in front of them. They are best friends with Reese, not me.

"By the way, he thinks Reese is still in the US. I think Mom pretty much covered up her medical records here in Korea." I continued, finally getting reactions from them.

"She has been doing that for a long time. She hid all her medical records because some of the procedures are not legal here in Korea." Jisoo answered, making me nod. She's right. My sister's condition is at its worst and the procedures are banned in this country. Even the medicines too. 

"But I think Jungkook deserves to know." Chae said, looking at me. "They're still married. And I think he genuinely cares for her."

I blinked. Now, it's my time to shut up and contemplate that.

"This is getting confusing. Nothing is making any sense here. Why does Jungkook is just letting this happen? I thought he's in love with Reese all these time?" Jennie asked, narrowing her eyes again. "There's something not right. I think we're missing something here." She continued and looked at me.

Fuck, her instincts are scaring me. I looked away and just focused on my tea. "Let's never talk about this to Reese." I said. "I am more concerned about her condition than this stupid Playing Princess."