42: Continental VS Viper (2)

“That woman

“That woman.” I whispered and shake my head as I watch Lisa lead the race. “How come she catch up easily?” I asked through my earpiece.

“They know a lot of short cuts. Don’t worry about it. At least we let them know we can’t be messed with.” I heard Jieun’s voice. “Good job, Lucid.”

“Thanks, piece of cake. Her team just sucks. Or maybe I am just too good.” Lucid answered, making me smirk.

“What a bragger.” That was Lambo. “Viper, we are almost in the forest. Careful, Lisa always likes to crash in this road. She won’t hesitate to drop you off the cliff.”

“I’m sure she does.” I answered and increased my gear to catch up with Lisa’s speed.

In 500 meters, turn left to the entrance of the Changdeong Forest.

I turned to the said curve as stated on the map. I increased my gear again. The rough road is a pain in the ass. It’s not my most favorite but I had to switch cars for a heavier engine.

“I’m on the spot. You should arrive in 12 minutes.” I heard Jieun said and I just took my time to drive to the spot where I had to change cars. Apparently, Lisa wasn’t in the mood for me tailing her. She suddenly hit her brakes, making me hit mine too in an instant. The rough road is too narrow for me to overtake her.

“What the fuck?” I mumbled and watched how she suddenly steadied in front of me while spinning her back wheels on full speed. Making the dusts and soil of the rough road cover my windshield. I felt her bumped against me before driving away. I pushed a button on my car to release water and wipe my windshield. And then, she’s gone.

“I told you. She’ll play dirty.” I heard Lambo said through my earpiece. I hissed a curse and just drive away to get to the spot where Jieun is waiting. When I arrived there, she is waiting with a map navigator in her hand.

“The map is all set up. You have to race down the hill in 18 minutes. The ferry will be waiting. You have to get there before it leaves.” She said and I nodded before giving her the key of my Dodge Viper car to switch to the BMW she brought for me. We were interrupted by a Red Ferrari that just arrived.

“Hi, Viper.” A lady with a long lavender hair greeted me. “I am a fan. When I heard the race against you and Continental, we were so excited.” She said and I just raised my eyebrows and smiled awkwardly.

“Uhm, t-thanks?”

Then in an instant, we heard a loud explosion. The car that Lisa is using is thrown by the cliff. Making me and Jieun flinch in fear.

“Was that her car?” I asked, looking at Jieun.

“Yeah, it is.” The lady with the lavender hair said and gets off the Red Ferrari car. “She likes disposing them after wrecking them completely. God, I love that car.” She said and pouted. “Oh, there she is.”