Hidden Chapter: Jungkook

It’s been days since that race

It’s been days since that race. I was even confused when Lisa changed lanes and next thing I knew, her car crashed against the barrier of the track. I immediately run out of my car to get her out of it. Her head is bleeding like crazy. I can’t even tell if she’s breathing on that helicopter ride back to Seoul. And I knew that the medicine she gave me is supposed to be hers. For that matter, she knew this might happen. That one of us may actually die in that race. But she chose to gave me that one single shot to keep me conscious. Maybe if she had those injected in her, she wouldn’t have to stay asleep for almost a week.

Is this what they felt when I was on this situation? Afraid that I might not wake up anymore? Jesus Christ, please. Let Lisa live. If I have to keep away from her just to keep her safe, I would take it. I’d rather stay away if she lives. Please, I am begging from someone up there. If you truly exists, I am begging you. Let my Lisa live. I’ll trade my second life if that’s what is needed.

My hands are shaking again. I am sitting on the couch next to her bed and all the hissing and beeping of these machines around her are too overwhelming.

“Junggoo.” I heard Jin called. “Go home. I promise to call when she wakes up.”

“I—I can’t. She was calling for me before she passed out. I have to be here when she wakes up.” I said, my legs even shaking as I sit.

“Can you at least eat something and drink your medicines. You’re fucking shaking in front of me.” He said and sighed. “Don’t make me sedate you. I will do it.”

I sighed and rested my elbows against my legs. “Hyung.. please let me stay for one more hour.”

We suddenly heard the door opened. And when we turned our backs, Reese’s wonderful self is standing there. She looks at me and then to Jin.

“I will convince him, Dr. Kim.” She said softly. “I brought some sandwiches.”

Jin sighed and just nodded. “Jungkook, drink your medicines. Don’t make me repeat myself.” He reminded me and I just nodded as I look at my medicines on the table next to Lisa’s bed. Reese’s walks inside, smiling at me before putting that basket on the table.

“Kookie.” She called softly and gets my medicine and a glass of water before sitting next to me. I sighed and just took it, gulping the small tablet down my throat. “I brought you some clothes too. You can take a warm shower before eating, hmm?” She said and smiles again. I looked at her and I almost teared up because I can see Lisa’s face on her but she wasn’t her. “Hey.” She calls softly and rubs my arm. “Hobi told me her heart is beating strong. She’ll wake up.”

I sighed and bite my lower lip as I steady my breathing. “I’m just – scared, Reese.”

“I am too.” She said softly and looks at her twin sister. “I’m terrified. This is the longest time she slept in a hospital bed. And it hurts me because the race is also all about saving me.” She said and looks at me. “I’m really sorry. If it wasn’t because of me, she wouldn’t have to agree to the race. She has sacrificed too much for me and our Dad.”