22: Same Old Times

I gave my key to the valet standing in front of me

I gave my key to the valet standing in front of me. I was greeted by a couple of gentlemen as I get inside the building. Secretary Jieun is standing there, watching me walk inside. She gave me that usual bow and handed me a folder. I took it and continued walking to the elevator as I scan the its pages.

"What's with the urgent meeting?" I asked and gets inside to the elevator, my secretary stood beside me.

"They wanted a revision of the contract. The delay wasn't a big deal for the last two weeks because we are just waiting for them to respond to our invitation. But then, we received a news that the legitimate child of the CEO flew back to Korea. They would like to pospone and discuss some points in the contract. President Jowon will be joining in a few. This time, only Mr. Kunpimook is waiting in the conference room." She answered and looks at me. I met her eyes and she gave me an amusing look. "What a lovely reunion."

I flickered my tongue in my mouth and smirked. "Wait until I come back. I'm excited to see how you watch me crawl and beat every Stallion on my sight." I answered and finally walked out the elevator the moment the doors opened.

I walked to the conference hall, stopping in front of the door. I turned my heels and looks at my secretary, handing the folder she gave me. "Secretary Jieun, I would appreciate if you join the meeting with President Jowon later." I said, making her raise her eyebrows but slowly nodded.

"Of course, Director Jeon." She answered and bowed before me. I nodded and finally opened the door to get inside. A familiar figure turned his attention to me from the beautiful view of Seoul. His hands remained in his pocket and curved his lips to a smile. He looked back at the window, once again filling his eyes with the beauty of the city beneath us.

"Seoul changed a lot. I wonder how the maps changed too." He said, making me smile. I made big steps to stand next to him, looking at the city too.

"I haven't been in a race for years, Lambo. I will never know." I said and looks at him this time. He met my eyes and smiled.

"Come here, you son of a bitch. I missed you." He said, making me giggle and hug him. We pulled apart and made ourselves comfortable on our seats, our eyes still admiring the view outside.

"Was it Lucid?" I asked, looking at him. He smiled and nodded. Of course, there is no way Lucid won't tell him about me.

"That kid will always have a soft part for Nessey. Always." He said and crossed his arms against his chest. I nodded and just smiled with that. "How is she?"

I sighed and licked my lips before speaking. "I call her Reese. And I think she likes that."

He hummed and nodded. "She's doing her best in Playing the Princess." He answered, making me look at him. "She used to call her sister Princess. And Nessey is called Pauper. It's their nickname to each other. One of the reasons why she had to leave is because of her too."