~21~

Colby's pov

I wake up to a knock on the door "come in" I say my voice raspy the door opens and Tara and Jake walk in "oh no" Tara says and they walk up to the bed. I rub my eyes and stretch and my back cracks I check what time it is and it's 11:00 "do you know when he'll wake up" Jake asks "in a couple days" "he shouldn't be here" Tara says I sigh and grab a water bottle and drink some. They pull up two chairs and sit next to me and we talk and go on our phones. While there in their phones I look up at Sam lost in thought thinking about all the fun things we did together and smiling at some memories I rub his hand with my thumb as I do so. I shouldn't have went to the bathroom and left him alone or when I went there and seen the long line I should have went back it's my fault. Someone starts rubbing my back "it's ok he'll wake up soon" Tara says while rubbing my back I sigh and look back over at Sam.

They've been here for the whole day and we've been talking the whole time or on our phones "I'll go get us some food" "ok thanks Jake" he nods and he leaves the room. I sigh and look back at Sam "hey hey it's ok" Tara says and I notice I'm crying I wiped my eyes "I know I'm sorry" "it's ok if your need to cry, cry" "I just feel like it's my fault" I sigh deeply "it's not Colby you couldn't have stopped this" "I know but when I went to the bathroom he didn't want me to but I did I told him I'll be quick but there was a long line I should've went back instead" Tara sighed "Colby you didn't know this was going to happen at least he's not worse yeah he's in a coma and it sucks but at least he's not badly beaten up and he'll wake up in a few days" "I guess you right" I looked at Sam and I felt a hand rub my back and yep I'm crying I lean back in the chair and put my knees up and cry in them "shhh your ok Colby" after about 5 minutes I stop crying and un curl and wipe my eyes and Jake walks in with some chick-fil-a and it reminds me of Sam because it reminds me of the one time I didn't eat and he was trying to get me to and it's his favorite I sigh deeply holding back more tears not wanting to cry anymore "here you go" Jake handed me a box of chicken nuggets and a milkshake of course it will be the things Sam had that day a tear falls from my eye and I wipe it quickly and take the things "thanks" "are you ok" he asked concerned "mhm" I put the food on the table "Colby you need to eat you can't eat snacks all day" "I'm not hungry" "Colby eat" I burst into tears again Tara rubs my back again "Colby it's ok" "did I say something wrong" Jake asks I shake my head no. I stop crying after a minute or two "Colby why'd you burst into tears like that" I explain to them why "oh dude I'm sorry" "it's ok you didn't know" "well you should eat now though" Tara said "I'm not hungry" she sighs "ok" they go on there phone and we talk once in a while I look at Sam I sigh and start eating my food hearing his voice from that day to tell me to eat so I do.

Tara yawns "Tara let's go home so you can sleep" "can I stay" Jake sighs "are you sure those chairs will hurt your back" "I don't care I want to stay" "ok I'll stay too" "you guys sure you want to" they nod "ok if you guys want a blanket ask the lady up front she's nice and she'll give you one" they nod "ok I'll get us one" Jake said "I'll go too I have to use the bathroom" I nod and they leave and I turn to Sam and hold his hand "Sammy I still don't know if you can hear me but please wake up fight through this please I miss you baby I won't leave until you wake up please Sammy wake up soon" I rub his hand and kiss it "I love you baby" I keep his hand in mine and I relax in the chair and I close my eyes

The door opens but I don't open my eyes I move my thumb and rub Sam's hand. I finally decide to open my eyes and I see a doctor doing stuff she turns around and smiles at me and then leaves the room then the door opens again and Jake and Tara walk in with two blankets I look at the ceiling and close my eyes but my phone goes off and it's from the group chat

Elton- is there any new news

Colby- no

Devyn- I hope he wakes up soon

Corey- same its so depressing knowing he's still not awake nobody does anything

I turn off my phone and put it on the charger not really wanting to look at them anymore I sigh and hold Sam's hand and squeeze it and relax back in the chair rubbing his hand I look over at Jake and Tara and Jakes on his phone and Tara is sleeping on his shoulder I close my eyes and drift off to sleep

Next day

I wake up and check the time 6:30 I sigh and turn off my phone and stretch my back pops. I look at Tara and Jake and their still sleeping I get up and go to the bathroom and change into new clothes. I walk back in the room quietly and put my close away I grab my phone and I decided to leave to get an energy drink I leave a text for Jake saying if I'm still gone I can pick something up for him or Tara. I grab my keys and leave I get to he waiting room "hi Colby" "oh hi" I smile "is there any news on Sam" she asks "oh no he's in a coma and has a fractured rib but it's not too bad" "oh ok at least it's not too bad my name's Colleen by the way" I smile "well I got to go I'll be back" "ok bye Colby" "bye Colleen" I get in my car and I get a text from Jake

Jake- could you also get me an energy drink and a coffee at Starbucks for Tara

Colby- yeah

Jake- thanks

I drive off and I stop at the gas station first and get a couple energy drinks I pay for them and go to Starbucks and get a coffee. I get back and it's 7:00 and I get to the hospital and walk in "hi Colby" I smile "hi Colleen" she smiles and I walk back up to the room quietly and I see Tara talking to Sam "please wake up Sam I know we're not too close but I think your a great person and funny please wake up I miss you we all miss you just please wake up soon" I smile and walk in fully "oh hi Colby" "hi Tara here's you drink" "oh thank you" she smiles "where's Jake" "he went to the bathroom" I nod and I sit down and open my drink. Jake finally walks in "hi Colby" I look up "hi Jake" he sits down and I grab his drink "here" "ah thank you brother" I chuckle and I grab Sam's hand again and squeeze it "please wake up"