Chapter 19: Bloody Glass

Evan's POV

Once I calmed myself down, I decided to do what he said. After a long time, I took my time taking a shower. It felt so relieving to bathe again. I can't remember how long it had been since I was able to do that.

When I was done, I grabbed the towel that was hung on a hook, beside the shower. Quickly, I wrapped it around my waist and carefully watched my step. Most of the glass was gone but I still believe that there is more I couldn't see properly.

Step by step, I made it to the door and it took me a while to respond. But I had to. Taking a deep breath, I knock on the door a bit with a pound and shouted, "Hey! I'm done!"

I didn't hear him respond. Overall as I stood there, it just made me curious. What is he doing? My head tilted as I heard a rummage of things moving about.

That doesn't sound good.

My hand was suddenly on the doorknob and I sighed heavily as I opened it. As I looked ahead, there he was. Though as I saw him, thankfully with pants on, soon my eyes down. It almost made with want to gag as my mouth opened.

His foot looked demolished as blood was spewing everywhere, even dripping on the floor. Skin was hanging from the gashes of torn flesh and it wasn't a sight I ever wanted to look at.

It made it surprising that he hasn't made one sound of pain. Just like before during the time he didn't even notice the glass when we walked in. His eyes seemed calm as his hand went towards his bloody foot again.

The blood was worse on his hands. Soon, I couldn't look away as I saw him pitching for one small piece of glass that was caught between some layers of flesh. It began to press in deeply as he couldn't properly get it out.

My hands were then over my mouth as I felt a sense of air come out. It wasn't settling well and I knew I was beginning to feel sick. For a second, my head was started to spin and even my legs began to wobble.

Delirious looked at me, with a deadly stare and stopped what he was doing. By getting up from his bed, my eyes widen immediately. I gesture out my hands to tell him, yelling out, "Stop!"

It was all too late as I heard a soft crunch. The sound itself made me flinch and stiffly still. Delirious was perfectly fine as he walked towards me and was facing me. His arms were crossed and he stood tall in front of me. "What?" He questioned as I heard his tone sounding annoyed.

I was almost lost for words.

What? All he can say is what.

"Are you fucking human," I ask him bluntly as I stare at his bleeding foot. He hums as he suddenly stomps his foot to the ground, making me gasp loudly.

"Very," he said.

That doesn't help your case at all!

With that stomp, I felt myself becoming light. My head was completely on edge as I was starting to feel dizzy. The blood was continuous and it didn't stop at all. It was created a small puddle from where Delirious stood.

"Stop! Just-...stop. You are going to make me puke at this point," I said after I gagged again. God, this isn't fun to witness...

When I turn my head to directly at him, Delirious just carelessly shrugged again. He began to walk to a drawer and reached inside. His hands wavered inside and he then drew something to the bed after some time.

I look over and they were gray sweatpants along with a white shirt. Without looking at me, Delirious pointed to the clothes and ordered in a murmur, "Change." He grabbed another shirt from the drawer and it was again white.