Chapter 27: Tension of Foes

The Next Day:

Brock's POV

"We are almost there, right?" I ask Brian immediately who was to my left. My hands were pressed against the frame of the window. Frantically, my finger was tapping lightly.

For the past many hours, I've been just staring blankly until we saw the hospital.

"Brock, I told you. It's just a couple minutes away," Brian calmly says as I know he focusing on the road. "We are lucky we got here without so much traffic or issues."

I can't help but feel really really worried. Why couldn't Tyler allow us to tell our parents about this all? Was what happened to both him and Craig that bad?

I can't stop panicking. All I can hear is my heart pounding furiously at all the tension and questions I have.

"What the hell is that?" Brian's voice was shocked as the car suddenly came to a stop.

I turn to look forward and my mouth and eyes gap open in shock. Ahead on the side of the road was a severely damaged vehicle that was completely rubble. Around the damaged car was dim smoke and marks against the ground.

For some reason, as I look at the car, it reminds me of someone's car. It looks so familiar but I can't figure it out.

"Oh my god, what's going on?" I suddenly say to Brian in shock. I couldn't help but cover my mouth due to it all.

Brian began to drive again and found a couple of officers examining the car. He came to stop the car in front of the officers and rolled down his window. The cops turned around and came to the window that Brian let down.

"Hello, officer, me and my boyfriend came to visit a friend. We happened to see this and wondered what happened. Can you tell us?"

The cop sighs as he tips his hat up and takes in a breath of air. "Well, a little over a week ago, there was an explosion launched a car. Two bodies were found luckily alive and this the remaining of the car they drove."

Two?

"T-Two sir?" I ask almost scared in a shivering tone. The officer peaks his head past Brian and to me. He nods his head along with letting out a hum. "Unfortunately so. Those two boys were seriously hurt and been under confinement ever since," he finishes saying with crossing his arms.

I look at Brian silently and he was just staring at me. He was now just as worried as I am.

"You boys okay?" Officer calmly asks us.

Brian quickly turns to him and replies, "Yes sir. Thanks for telling us. We'll be on our way now."

The officer nods his head again and backs away from the car. "Have a good day and stay safe," his final words to us were.

Immediately after the officer left, Brian's foot stepped hardly on the ignition. The car sped forward and as I look at Brian, I saw his chest going in and out quickly. Red was filling his face and sweat was forming on his forehead down to his neck.

"Brian, calm down. Don't do something reckless," I calmly say to him, trying to calm him down. "Don't speed like this please."

I feel like he wasn't paying attention to me. His eyes kept going to the navigation system built into his car and the road.

He was speeding faster and it got me worried. The trails of the houses, buildings, and lights were going by so fast. I couldn't have time to look out the window properly anymore.

I sharply turn to him and shout, "Brian, please! You're scaring me!"

I saw the reaction in his face change. His eyes seemed a little calmer and suddenly, the brakes slammed down. I braced myself for the impact but Brian had his arm across my chest, keeping me from leaning forward.