Chapter 34: A Strange Bond

Evan's POV

"Sat, this isn't looking good for him," one of the men has been saying for some time. I've woken up now so long ago but faked my sleep in front of them. It happened because they tried to fix up some of my wounds. It caused me to wake up and flinch. Luckily, I kept my eyes closed and I'm pretending now.

I need and want answers, and one way or another, I'll get them.

So, currently, I'm laid down on a bed. I felt the warm, soft comfort and even a nice pillow against my head.

"There are fucking bruises and bullet wounds everywhere on him and they don't look pretty," The same guy repeated. His name was Gorilla from what I recall.

"I know, it doesn't look well, man," Sat, the other one finally replies. Since I've woken up, he hasn't said a damn thing.

Lightly, I felt out some air, still pretending to be asleep. I nudge my head against the pillow and mumble softly. Still, I haven't opened my eyes.

Ever since I moved though, both guys haven't said a word. Is that concerning?

"Do you think we should put him out of his misery?" The one called Gorilla asks. I felt chills go all across my body and I felt uneasy. "He's suffered enough and what Delirious is doing, it's just fucking wrong."

All of a sudden, one of them, I don't know which one grabbed me by the shoulder and lifted me from laying. I went back down again, this time it was one of their laps. Again, I don't know who it is.

In the background, I heard a rough click echo. "I'll do it. You don't like doing this so I will," Sat says as I hear footsteps approaching.

I had enough and moved quickly away from both of them. I went behind the big guy, Gorilla, and wrapped my arm around his neck, holding him in a chokehold. My arms were weak. I couldn't have the strength to do much but I tried.

"Let me go. We don't have to do all of this," I compromise. "You don't want me to be hurt. You don't like what Delirious is doing to me. Let this all end here and let me escape."

I squeezed rougher, trying my best to be Gorilla panic. It wasn't working. He just stood still, taking the pain I could possibly be doing. His hand went gently on my tightening arm and he replies, "It's not that simple, Evan Fong."

His voice didn't crack and he didn't flinch. My eyes widen at that. Not even in the slightest did he seem hurt or injured by my grip.

Out of strength and hope, I let go of him. My body gave out again and lightly, I plopped down against the bed. I didn't even try to look at either of them.

"I'm sorry. I really am," Gorilla replies, sitting next to me. "Why are you nice to me?" I ask, shaking away from him. "Why are you showing compassion when they haven't?"

He was quiet at first. "We all are alike. We might have the same goals, but it doesn't mean we are all the same."

"Don't forget Code Green, Gorilla," the other guy forces out in a hiss as he sits himself down in a corner chair. He crosses his legs and arms and didn't look at me. Instead, he focused his eyes on the floor.

"I know, Sat. Though no matter what, I'm sure that won't matter for long," I glance at Gorilla, who was staring back at me.

"Because I'm going to die?" I ask.

Again, he didn't say a word.

"You know too much already Fong. I've heard that you went outside so I'm sure if you put your mind to it, you can remember this cabin, this location. You even know plans and secrets that no regular person should know," Sat snaps at me, furiously glaring at me. "So don't expect anything else. Either we killed you or Delirious will. He wouldn't care. Just before, he was close to doing it."