Chapter 25: Avoiding Truth

Evan's POV

I don't know why but was he said that, I felt the tip of my finger twitch. All I could do was awkwardly chuckle as I glance away from him. "Kill you?" I wasn't sure if I could believe Delirious even for how he seemed. "The times you told me about Luke, he seemed like a hero, an inspiration, in your eyes. Now you are staying that he'll kill you if you let information out?"

As a reply back, Delirious simply nods his head once.

"Why?" I ask him so confused.

He lets go of me and sits down calmly on the couch. His shoulders rested down along with his arms as he tried to be at peace. For a while now, Delirious was just thinking to himself.

"When I met him, I told you before that he didn't care for me doing bad things. All he told me was that I was weak and I asked him why. Luke told me that he never cared for weak people."

"You told me this already-." "Yes, I know but I'm taking my time," Delirious cut me off.

"After I ran away from home," he started by saying first before taking a deep breath in. "I just followed Luke and where he lived. For how young he was, thugs and weary people with criminal records respected him. What makes things more interesting is the fact he is around my age and I was only fifteen at the time."

"Did you ever understand why people respected him for how young he was?"

He let out his sigh and simply closed his eyes momentarily. "Yeah, turns out that he was one of the youngest bounty hunters who had the skills of a government official. Luke always got his jobs done and didn't have any problems with succeeding. He's even one of the richest people out there from all the money he has been given from his jobs in the past." By lifting up his hand, he began to count one by one, "Murder, robberies, hacking, interrogations, bounties, even simple stealing is what he was known for."

"I bet he was good," I add to the compliments. It did seem like the right thing to do to get on Delirious' good side.

"He is but for some reason after he met me, the people say he had lost one of his "titles"," Delirious replies as he glanced back at me. "I think you know by now what it is."

It took me a second but then I remember what everyone has called him. "The mass-murderous criminal, H2O Delirious." He gestured a nod in agreement along with a hum.

"Yeah. During that time of my life, I was just...numb. I didn't care what I did to myself or others anymore so that's why Luke took the opportunity to train me for a couple of things. Murder, stealth, and bounty."

I didn't what to know in my mind but in a gut feeling, I let the questions come out so suddenly. "How did he train you? Is that why you have the burn marks on your back?"

He didn't look at me anymore. Simply, his head motioned to the television as he continued to talk, "I've been trained for almost anything, making me even more dull and numb than before. Poison, gunshot wounds, suffocation, breathing underwater, chokehold, stab wounds, gas, and even against heat. The list goes on, but the ones I mention there were the ones I can fully remember. Eventually, I felt pain to nothing, making me Luke's biggest asset and friend."

Friend? That doesn't sound like a friend to me. It sounds more like a human weapon than a friend.

I wouldn't feel happy meeting Luke because he seems very manipulative and hurtful. When I look at Delirious now, he looks more like a victim than an actual murderer. Though, it doesn't change that fact he's taken so many lives.

Delirious could've just run away from Luke and his lifestyle but he didn't.

"Do you regret it?" I softly ask. His attention focused back on me as before he was trailing off.