Chapter 22: Conflict

Evan's POV

Just- why did this have to happen? Coincidently, Ryan just had to be in-...wherever am I and these two have to but heads. Plus, I'm in the middle of it, having to "explain" things to Delirious.

"What? Ev, what are you saying? You said I was your one and only," Delirious' voice said directed at me confused and softly. Why is his voice soft? It's actually creepy and disturbing. I wasn't used to it at all. He's making everything so much worse.

My look changed entirely as well. I wasn't confused or annoyed anymore. I was just plain angry and enraged with him.

He's ruining one of the few things that I care for.

"Ev? Wait- I thought only I could call you that," Ryan said behind me, making me turn back to him.

Behind me, Delirious weakly chuckled. "He's playing us both apparently." His voice is actually pissing me off. It sounds so real but I know it's all so fake.

"Shut up!" I shout at him, angered by his acting and actions.

In quick response, he put his hand on his heart, seems to be shocked. "Ev? Why are you shouting at me like that? All I want to know is what the relationship is between you two because you told me I was your one and only."

Again, I only close my eyes, trying to calm myself down. My hands were curled into fists and it honestly began to hurt as my fingernails were digging into my skin.

I heavily sigh, letting the air go out of my nostrils deeply.

Quietly, I look at Delirious again, who was waiting for a damn fucking answer. I saw him nudge his head softly to where only I could see it clearly. Deeply breathing in again, I point behind me to Ryan. I didn't even what to look at his expression.

In defense of Ryan, I honestly felt bad for him. He knows nothing about what is really going on. Delirious is toying with both of us.

"He's my ex-boyfriend," I say breathing out with a hiss at the end. In my heart, I felt a soft sting. It hurt to say those words because it was true. He's my ex. I broke up with him out of anger and heartbreak.

"Don't worry, my love," I want to gag as I said that. "I'm not thinking about him when I'm with you because I know if I do, you might get very angry. God knows what happens when you do! Who knows! You might actually commit murder!" In the end, I let out a weak and faint chuckle.

He will actually murder Ryan if I continue talking to him. I already killed Bryce, I can't have more blood on my hands...

"Indeed," Delirious deep voice said. "I might actually if I had the mind to."

Oh but you do! You do have the insane fucking mind to!

I turned around to face Ryan. My fake smile weakly turned to a frown as I saw his facial expression. There was a weak and hurtful frown on his face and he was slouched over like he's been defeated.

"Ry-...I mean, Ryan, it was great seeing you again," I let out as I reached for the side of his face. I couldn't let go of the act because it would ruin everything. My hand flinched as I dropped my hand. "I hope to see you soon."

He looked at me then Delirious. "I don't understand. The news- you were kidnapped. Why are you not returning home?"

I heard footsteps and in surprise, as I flinched, Delirious grabbed me by the waist. He brought me to his chest and I almost slipped by that. Frustratingly, my face was being to heat up as I grabbed a hold of his shirt for balance.

"I found Ev. He told me he escaped and I offered him a drive back home. Both of us grew a connection soon after. Now, we were planning to leave today so that's why we came here for food," Delirious let out immediately for a lie.