Chapter 39: "Thank you"

Delirious's POV

"So, are there any objections?" Sat questioned both the other guy and me. Personally, I don't care and I'm made not to care about this plan. I leaned back against my chair and both of them noticed. I shrugged lightly in my seat and the annoying one groans loudly.

"Del, you aren't helping," he says frustrated with my 'answer'. I shrug again and comment, "It's not my fault. You two had the very brilliant plan to make me turn off my emotions. So, take it up with yourselves and don't blame me."

The annoying one sighs heavily and mumbles, "I want to punch you. I desperately want to punch you." "Try it," I simply answer back. "I dare you to."

Though he didn't. His fist loosened before doing anything else reckless and stupid. I let out a moment's breath and say, "You two really are hopeless. Nothing but black. You are nothing to me."

Their black silhouette heads turned to me and one of them asked, "How can you say that so easily, Delirious? We both treated you like the brother we've never had. Do you really believe we are nothing to you?"

"Nothing means anything to me anymore," I simply say as I close my eyes, disgusted by their boring black silhouettes. "I thought you two knew that as you suggested me to turn off my emotions."

Either one of them said anything for a while. The not so annoying one replies eventually, "I have no objections with the plan." "And I don't either," the more annoying one answers.

"But Del, we need your input on this," the annoying one sighs. "We can't continue the plan without your thoughts on either your or Evan's part in all of this."

What a bore...

'Evan'. I can't get him out of my mind. The white silhouette standing out from the rest. He has this stubborn yet comforting aura around him. I don't know why but I always have the urge to grow closer to him. Though, the part of me currently is fighting that and demands for me to stand where I am.

"Del?" The annoying one keeps calling me. I swear to god if he calls me that stupid nickname again, I'm going to punch him. "We need your input on anything."

"Delirious!!!" I heard someone scream from a distance. My eyes peak open and the less annoying one says in shock, "What's going on?"

"Delirious, help me!!!" Someone is calling out to me. But why? From the tone of their voice, they are scared, in fear, and most of all, in a panic. But why call out for only me?

"Is that Evan?" The one who keeps asking me all the questions replies.

I roll my eyes and I mutter, "I'm sure he's fine. He's dramatic and does these types of acts, right?" Both of the silhouettes turn to me and one of them asked, "When has anyone told you that? Evan is dramatic when he wants to be but..."

"This is different?" I ask, rolling my eyes and closing them after. "I'm sure he's fine. Don't people like him joke around and make people scared for no reason?"

"Delirious," the nicer one lightly answers. "I don't think this is the same as that."

Whatever. There's no way moving from this chair to check on his fake needs. He might be doing all of this to set off my emotions which will be a pain to deal with again.

Either way Evan, it's not going to work. I sigh and lean back against my comfortable leather chair. "Del," the annoying one lets out softly.

"I'm not moving from this spot for something pointless," I murmur before he lectures me once more.

"Jonathan!!!"

My eyes shot open at that moment. I heard Evan scream to me in such terror with his voice cracking.