♥︎ Chapter Two

𝐣𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐧

"Hayoon!" I wrap my arms around her once I enter the room. She stands there as usual.

Hayoon got into the company a year before me, so she was my senior. However, I debuted before her so I'm her senior in terms of debut. She's always been so awkward with me for some reason. Ever since we met, I wanted to get close to her and become a good friend of hers. Just as much as Eric and Sangyeon.

Eric talks about her nonstop and they hang out nonstop too. He tells me all about their hang outs at the park, getting food, even going to the amusement park together. Sangyeon does the same thing. He's older than her so he treats her like his younger sister. He takes her out to eat and makes sure she's comfortable in any situation she's in. Friendship or brother-sister like, I want to be close with her.

But why? My parents were invited to a masquerade ball where their high school friends are celebrating a birthday. Apparently it's gonna be huge and I just have to go. They want me to bring someone because they don't want me to be alone since my brother isn't coming. I don't have any female friends, but since I've always wanted to be close to Hayoon, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to get closer.

"Um... why are you here? Don't you have to go home now? I'm going home so.." Hayoon doesn't make eye contact with me while she talks. There's something mysterious about her that makes me want to get to know her even more. She's hiding something and I want to know all about it.

"Well... I know we're not as close as you are with Eric and Sangyeon. But I was wondering if you'd like to go to this ball with me?" I ask, confidently, taking out the invitation.

Hayoon looks at the invitation for a second and shakes her head. She quickly takes all of her stuff and runs out the door. She didn't even look up at me or say a word, she just shook her head and left. Why does she act this way with me? Does she hate me? Soon, Mikyung comes back.

"Oh? Where's Hayoon?" She asks, looking at me.

"She left. But when you see her, can you give her this?" I ask, handing Mikyung the invitation. Mikyung takes it and I leave. Soon Mikyung leaves to go with her members back to their dorm. I try to see if Hayoon is there but she's nowhere to be seen. Could it be that she really doesn't like me? Why? What did I ever do to her?

I head back to my practice room to grab my things so that we can all go home and rest. We make our way towards the cars and go home. During the car ride, I try to think of reasons as to why Hayoon would hate me. She doesn't like the fact that I hug her? Then why couldn't she just say something? Is she uncomfortable with me? Why?

We arrive at the dorm and I immediately go into my room to lay down. I put my hands over my face and sigh in frustration.

"Juyeon, are you okay?" Eric comes in and sits on my bed.

"I'm alright. Just tired." I say, my hands still covering my face.

"I know you like Hayoon, Juyeon. It's obvious." Eric laughs, poking me.

"Are you out of your mind?" I sit up, frowning at Eric, causing him to laugh at me.

"It's obvious. But don't be afraid, she likes you too." Eric says, staring off.

"She told you that?" I ask, smiling. Maybe this whole time, she's had a crush on me!

"No, but it's obvious." Eric responds, my expression falls back down.

"Why? Do you like her? Did you ask her to the ball?" Eric gets all excited and jittery.

"Well, I tried to ask her, but she just ran away from me. Is she usually like that? Is she just shy?" I ask, trying to figure it out still.

"She's pretty shy when you meet her but she'll warm up to you if you approach her slowly." He emphasizes the word "slowly" because he knows how much I try to get close to her.

"I at least want to be friends before the ball. It'd be awkward if I just went with her and we said nothing to each other." I say, laying back down and going on my phone.

"Just try to approach her slowly next time. I'm gonna wash up, make sure you do too, Juyeon." Eric says while he leaves and I nod in response.

Approach her slowly, huh? I did run up to her and hug her first. Then I hugged her immediately when I entered the room. How do I take it slow? Not hug her? Doesn't she hug all of them? I call for Sangyeon.

"Yes?" He asks, sitting on my bed.

"How did you get close with Hayoon? She's a whole mystery to me. I can't seem to figure her out." I say, obviously frustrated.

"Well, I would joke around with her for a bit. Then I complimented her and brought her up when she was down. Then I would ask her if she needs anything and we slowly transitioned into the way we are now. Why? Are you trying to get her to go to that ball with you?" Sangyeon describes then laughs at the end, patting my back.

"I mean I have no other female friend. Hayoon is the closest I've got." I shrug, Sangyeon laughs again.

"She's definitely a mystery. But once you solve that mystery, you're gonna be closer than ever. Just take it slow, you got this." Sangyeon pats my back one last time before leaving my room.

I already told my parents that I'd go to the masquerade ball, but that's only because I wanted an excuse to leave the members for a while. I still need to buy a suit and a gift for the party. Apparently they're really rich and it's gonna be hard to pick a nice present for them. I look on my phone for more ideas.