♥︎ Chapter Thirty-Six

𝐡𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐨𝐧

𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

I was released from the hospital a couple of weeks ago. It was a couple of days after my parents came to tell me about their plans to separate Juyeon and I for the second time. I recovered quickly from the symptoms of the poison, but then I had a fever, then I recovered quickly from that. My company still doesn't want me to practice or promote yet. I've been on a hiatus for almost half a year since I've been hospitalized three times and I'm still recovering. I have nothing to do, so I just stay at the dorm and watch TV.

Being separated from Juyeon is worse than anything else in the world. I'd rather lose everything, my fame, my money, everything, just to be with him. I would drop anything to be with him again. My heart starts to crack at the fact that this isn't the first time my parents separated us. I tried to think about all of the ways they found out about how we've been secretly dating. I haven't used my driver at all since I've been hospitalized and Yeona or Jangmi have been driving me to anywhere I needed to go alone with Juyeon. It was all just scary. It's scary being away from Juyeon, and I don't know how long we'll be separated this time.

My members were at practice of course and I was just laying in bed, watching random videos on my phone, trying to distract myself. I tried to watch other groups' reality shows, vlogs, and stages, but all I could think about was Juyeon. I couldn't stop thinking about how handsome he always looks when he's on The Show (a/n: I wrote this when he was still an MC for The Show), how cute and clumsy he is on reality shows, and his "boyfriend material" moments on his vlogs. The only thing I want right now is to be with him, but I know that I can't because of my parents.

Deep down, I think that this is all in the hands of my mom. My mom has always been protective over me and when I was younger too. She told me not to hang out with specific people because they could use me for my money. To be fair, that happened to me once when I was in middle school, so maybe that's why my mom cares so much. But even before that incident, she was always like that. And my dad is pretty much in the hands of my mom, he listens to everything she says. They make the same amount of money but my mom takes more pride in things and she's always a leader.

My dad probably wants me to be happy, but he knows that if he tries to argue with my mom, he'll lose easily. There's a small space in my head that knows my dad is supporting me no matter what, but he always follows what my mom says so he never has an opinion. The only person who can change my mom's mind is herself, she loves to argue and she loves to prove she's right even when she's not. She hates losing and she's extremely stubborn.

But at the end of the day, they're both my parents and I love them to death. I would choose my family over anything, but the reason why I can't date Juyeon is ridiculous and unfair. Of course, I love my parents, but judging somebody based on their social class is really harsh. They don't know Juyeon like I do and if only they gave him a chance, they would grow to like him.

I check the time and it's only 12pm. Mikyung is still in school and the other members are still practicing. They probably have a break right now but I already called them on their first break a couple of hours ago. I feel lonely and hopeless, I was starting to doubt myself and my career choice. Did I choose the right path? Am I meant to be an idol? A part of me thinks that I should've done what my parents told me to do, but another says that I should stick to being an idol. I just debuted, I can't leave just yet.

Instead of calling Sangyeon or Eric, I called Yeonjun. I know that if I called any members of The Boyz, Juyeon would immediately hear and be heartbroken as well. My heart starts to crack at the thought of Juyeon crying. Every time he cries, my chest pounds and I just want to hold him in my arms forever. He's a good guy, but he's not rich, so I can't date him because that's my mom's rules. I can't believe it's been a month since I last saw Juyeon, and I can't believe that I've survived this long without calling him to meet me in private.

"Hey, Yoon. What's up?" Yeonjun answers the phone.

"I'm bored. What are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm preparing for my comeback soon. Can I call you back later? I'm really busy right now." He says, I hum in response. We say our goodbyes and hang up.

I sigh and put away my phone. I stare at the ceiling and get lost in my thoughts, hoping that I'd pass time. My eyes gradually started to close and I was fast asleep thinking about everything that's happened in the span of one month. I felt like I was going to be alright, even if I didn't have Juyeon by my side.

That's when I started to think: do I really need Juyeon? It might be a stupid question, but I've already gone through a month without him and I haven't cried in a while. A couple of days after my mom told me her plan to separate Juyeon and I, that's when I hit my breaking point. I felt like I couldn't do anything and I couldn't go on without. But is that really it? Do I need Juyeon to survive?