♥︎ Chapter Thirty-Eight

𝐡𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐨𝐧

𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

It's been three months since Juyeon and I have been separated by my parents. This is the longest I've gone without talking to, looking at, and even being near Juyeon. I'm still on my hiatus and I don't know when my company will allow me to come back to the company again. If I was able to go, I definitely wouldn't be able to face Juyeon. We walk by each other almost everyday before and after practice, as well as during breaks. Even before we were dating, I couldn't look him in the eye. It might be even worse now.

Maybe it's a good thing that I'm on a hiatus. I've been paying more attention to my mental health since I've had anxiety and didn't know about it. My doctor still prescribes me medicine and I go to see him every now and then for a check up on my anxiety. I've also started to do yoga and pilates to help me stay calm and relax my brain a little bit. I still haven't talked to my mom, but my dad would visit my dorm often and bring me food or whatever. I'm glad at least have one of my parents taking care of me.

It's 9am and this is the usual time I would wake up ever since I started my hiatus. Usually, for schedules and such, I would wake up at 4 or 5am, but now I can sleep in. Today was yet another of staying in the dorm, doing absolutely nothing. I wish I could at least go visit my members and see what they're doing so that I can catch up quickly on my own at home, but no, my company told me to rest even though that's all I've been doing for months now. When I think about it again, visiting the members would mean going to the Cre.Ker building and seeing Juyeon. I sigh, pulling the covers over my head and getting my phone off of the nightstand. I was scrolling through Twitter, seeing how fans are still sad about my hiatus. Then I get a call from my cousin.

"Yoon! Are you awake? I have something to tell you!" My favorite cousin on my mom's side, Hyunji, greets me excitedly.

"Hyunji you have so much energy right now.. give me a second." I joke, we both laugh.

"Sorry! I'm just so happy to tell you that I'm coming out with my diamond collection!" She says, I immediately shoot up from bed and smile.

"Really?! That's amazing!" I say with a huge smile on my face.

Hyunji hated only being rich from her parents, so she decided to be independent and start her own jewelry company from scratch, with no help from her parents at all. Little did she know, the company grew bigger and bigger and she's a typical rich CEO now. She's young, but she is such an intelligent woman, I'm so proud of her. She's released many jewels like emerald and ruby, but she's never released a diamond line because she wanted to make sure it was perfect. She always sends me her jewelry and even has some pieces named after me because we're basically sisters. She's also an only child and we're only four years apart. She supported me when nobody else did... I haven't told her about Juyeon at all though.

"Yes! I sent my assistant to give you the "Summer" necklace and the matching "Sunlight" earrings. I hope you wear it soon!" She says, I nod. It's cute how she named both after the meanings of my name.

"Of course, I'd do anything to support you." I tell her, she laughs. I should bring up Juyeon now...

"Hyunji... can I tell you something?" I ask.

"Of course! Why... why the sudden mood change?" She asks me, I can tell she's concerned.

"There's this guy.. his name is Juyeon and he's in a group called The Boyz. I've liked him since I was a trainee and we started dating a long time ago. But... the thing is... I told my parents about him and-" I try to explain.

"Aunt Won didn't approve of him because of his social status?" Hyunji interrupts me, my eyes widen.

"Yeah.." I respond, she lets out a long sigh.

"Trust me, Yoon, I've been through this before. Let me guess, you're separated right now, huh?" She asks, getting an angry tone. Hyunji has always been protective over me, I can tell her big sister instincts are acting up.

"Yeah.." I respond.

"I got you, Yoon. I'm a little busy with my diamond collection cause I really really want it to be perfect, so I might be able to help you in a couple of months. But don't lose hope! You know me, once I say I'm gonna do something, I always get it done no matter what." She declares, I laugh nervously.

"Get what done exactly?" I ask, she laughs evilly.

"I'm gonna get you two back together. I'm gonna do all the research, I'm gonna watch his stages if I have to and you know I only listen to SHINee." She says, I roll my eyes and lay back down.

"Sure, go ahead. My mom will take you down though." I mention, she scoffs.

"Please, I'm not afraid to Aunt Won. Remember that one time she got mad at me because I didn't send her my new jewelry? I didn't even flinch." She laughs and I do too, remembering the immature fight between Hyunji and my mom during Chuseok.

"You can try. But... he probably doesn't want me back." I sigh.

"Says who? You're Won Hayoon. Is there anyone else in the world he could date? No, right? I'm telling you, I'm going to do my own research on him and send private spies if I have to." Hyunji says, I hum in response.

"Good luck with your case. If you magically get the two of us back together, I owe you big time." I make a promise to her.

"If I do get you two back together, you better let me meet SHINee." She says, I laugh.

I'll repay her anything if she gets me back with the boy I love most.