♥︎ Chapter Sixteen

𝐣𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐧

"Juyeon, would you like to go to dinner with me?" Hayoon turns me around and asks. This is exactly what I've been waiting for ever since Eric told me. I tried to hide my excitement.

"Sure." I smile, Sangyeon hears the whole thing and he lets me go after saying goodbye to the both of us. Eric comes back from getting his charger and he tells us to be safe, Hayoon and I laugh awkwardly.

"Um... my driver will take us to dinner so you don't have to ride with my members." Hayoon says, I nod and secretly smile. She's adorable.

We got into the car and Hayoon greeted the driver, who's name is apparently Mr. Park. We were in the car for 15 minutes, and it was all awkward silence. I would look at Hayoon from time to time and she was just staring out of the window. Thank God Eric wasn't lying to me, I don't know what I would've done if he did.

We went to a nice restaurant. I looked around and everybody was in nice, casual attire, while Hayoon and I are still in our practice clothes. She was wearing jeans and a hoodie while I was wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt. We were sitting across from each other, looking at the menu, except sometimes I would look up at her from time to time. I already knew what I wanted so I closed my menu and stared at Hayoon. She could probably tell that I was looking at her so she kept looking down. She probably knew what she wanted too but wanted to avoid eye contact with me. It was silent and I didn't like it.

"Is this okay?" I ask, referring to our clothes.

"Is what okay?" She asks back.

"Everyone is kinda dressed nicely and we're in our practice clothes. Is this alright?" I ask agains, she looks again and nods.

"My members and I are always here directly after practice... I don't think there's a dress code. Plus, it's more like a fast food place if anything." Hayoon laughs, I smile at her.

"So um.. I wanted to talk about-" Hayoon starts but gets cut off by the waiter.

"Hayoon! You're back! Where's Mikyung? Is she sick?" The waiter greets and smiles.

"Hey. Mikyung is fine, she just needs to catch up on some homework. You know how much she likes to procrastinate." Hayoon says to him, he nods. I'm so confused, is he related to Mikyung or something? I don't wanna interrupt, so I kept my silence and let them stop talking.

"Good, I'm glad she's fine. Yeah, it definitely runs in the family. So, Hayoon, do you want your usual? What about your friend?" He asks, looking at the both of us.

"Yeah, I'll get my usual." Hayoon responds, he looks at me and I order my food. He leaves once I finished placing my order.

"How do you know him?" I ask.

"Huh? Oh.. he's Mikyung's older brother. He always serves my members when we come here. He's around my age, so we know each other pretty well." Hayoon explains, avoiding eye contact with me as usual. She's so cute, how does she expect to talk to me if she can't even look at me?

"I see. So... what did you want to talk about?" I ask, she looks me in the eyes this time, my heart pounds and my face gets hot. I'm blushing really bad right now, but so is Hayoon.

"What do you think about me?" She asks. Why is she so straightforward? Is she making me tell her my feelings before I tell her mine? If this is her way of getting me to confess, I'll just fall for it.

"I like you. You're different, and I mean that. There are girls that gossip too much, have a bad attitude, are self-centered, and are too loud sometimes. But you, you're just Hayoon. You're quiet and reserved, but when you open your heart up, you become such a beautiful and mesmerizing person. No matter what your social class is, I'm always going to think of you as the quiet, beautiful, and talented Won Hayoon. I can be comfortable with you and I can't say that about a lot of girls. When I'm with you, it's like I'm at home. That's why I like you, it's because you're different." I explain, Hayoon's face is super red. She looks down and smiles, tucking hair behind her ear and looking back at me.

"Juyeon..." She starts, I nod.

"I-"

"Here's your kimbap, tteokbokki, dumplings, pork cutlet, bulgogi, and kimchi fried rice. Enjoy." The waiter comes back and places the dishes on the table. We thank him and Hayoon immediately starts eating. What a shame, she could've finished her sentence before eating.

Of course, we ate in silence. We were both in our thoughts. I can't believe that I confessed to her. Maybe I was too bold. Did I put too much pressure on her? I was thinking that she doesn't like me back, because she immediately started eating when the food came. If she liked me, she would've immediately told me. But since she didn't, that's probably a bad sign.

Hayoon and I finished eating in about 50 minutes. The waiter already came by and got the plates for us, so all we were waiting for was the check. I was getting my wallet out of my bag when Hayoon figured out what I was doing. She put her hand on top of mine to stop me, we both turned red.

"I invited you out, I'll pay for dinner. Don't worry about paying me back." She says.

"Are you sure? I feel really bad. How about we get ice cream after this?" I ask, she nods and smiles. Are we just going to ignore the fact that she hasn't responded to my confession yet?

The waiter brought the check and Hayoon quickly paid. She left a tip for him and made sure to say goodbye before we left. Once we got into the car, Mr. Park asked where I lived so that he can take me home first. I told him to bring us to the ice cream place near Hangang River.

We got out of the car and walked to the ice cream store. Hayoon and I both got New York Cheesecake which shocked me because I didn't know that we had the same favorite ice cream flavor. We were walking around the river, silently eating our ice cream. Hayoon was eating slowly and I was eating a little fast because I wanted to talk to her.

We were walking on the bridge when Hayoon finally finished her ice cream. I was expecting her to say something, but she was still silent. What's going on through her mind? Is she trying to find a way to reject me nicely? I shouldn't assume anything, maybe Hayoon needs time. I was getting sad until she stopped us in the middle of the bridge.

"Juyeon..." She starts, I nod.

"I like you too." She says, my eyes instantly light up and we both smile at each other. She wraps her arms around my neck and I wrap mine around her waist. I haven't been this happy since we won Road to Kingdom. I can't even describe this feeling.

"Let's date." I tell her, her cheeks turn pink and she nods. I pull her closer to me.

I was getting closer and closer to her face. I made sure I was approaching her gently because I don't want to put pressure on her. She closed her eyes and I was inches away from her lips. I gently placed my lips on hers and closed my eyes. The only word coming to my mind is paradise.

I've been waiting for this moment for so long. Telling Hayoon how much I like her. I regret hiding it from everyone especially Eric since he basically helped me with everything. Paradise is unfolding in front of my eyes, and I fill it with my imagination ever more refreshed.

I wish that this moment right now will stay forever.