♥︎ Chapter Twenty-Seven

𝐣𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐧

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢

"Hey." I greet Yeonjun as he enters the company building again. He greets me back.

"Do you have an update for me?" I ask, he nods.

"Hayoon was diagnosed with anxiety. She twisted her left ankle and her legs and arms are all wrapped up because they're scraped. She hasn't eaten or talked to anybody." Yeonjun says, I nod.

"Her parents even visited her and she didn't say a word to them." He continues, I feel my heart ache.

"I understand that you two are broken up, but you should at least encourage her to eat. She's probably only going to listen to you. I tried telling her to eat but she just stared at the wall and said nothing." He says, I shake my head.

"I'm not allowed to see her." I say.

"Why?" He asks.

"I just can't." I respond, looking down and my tears starts to fall.

"You aren't the first guy her parents did this to." Yeonjun says, patting my back. I wipe my tears and look up.

"My friend, Junyeol, had the biggest crush on her from elementary school to high school. He introduced me to her and that's how we became friends. The three of us would do almost everything together. We would go to the movies, arcade, you name it. One time, we went to her house and were welcomed by her parents. Hayoon went to the bathroom or something and her parents were interrogating us. They asked us if we liked her or not and Junyeol said that he's liked her for a long time and plans to ask her out. Her parents' faces turned from a nice and warm expression to a dark and cold one. They took one look at him and said that he's not worthy enough to date Hayoon and he should leave their house immediately. He did what he was told and it was just me with her parents. I told them that I don't have an intention with Hayoon other than protecting her and that's why they've grown to like me. But ever since that moment with Junyeol and her parents, Junyeol never stepped foot beside Hayoon ever again." Yeonjun describes the story, I widen my eyes and he nods.

"The last time I saw Hayoon was before she dyed her hair blonde. She looked happier than I've ever seen her. She told me she had a boyfriend and I thought to myself: 'No wonder she's so happy, there's someone special in her life.'" Yeonjun smiles, probably at the thought of how happy Hayoon was. I see her smile in my mind and my heart cracks.

"Her and I disconnected for a bit since I was busy with my promotions, but when I saw her, she was joking around with me. She was like her high school self which is completely different from her self now." Yeonjun says, I nod.

"Anyways... I have one more thing to warn you about." Yeonjun starts off and I look back down, holding back my tears.

"I understand that you want to protect Hayoon because she's the girl that you love most... but to keep her safe, you have to let her go." Yeonjun as he looks down, avoiding eye contact with me. No.. this can't be happening.

"If you love Hayoon, her safety is your number one priority. No matter how much you love her... there's no way you can convince her parents to approve of you. They don't care how you look or how old you are, they only care about money. That's how her parents are, and that's how different they are from their daughter." He keeps going and I could feel my heart breaking into smaller pieces.

"I'm sorry, Juyeon. I know how much Hayoon meant to you. I hope one day you can meet with her again and tell her how you really feel. Be careful, see you." Yeonjun pats my back and gets up to leave.

"Wait." I stop him, he turns around.

"Since her parents know you, here's my phone number. Update me about Hayoon's health via text instead of coming here because her parents might find out." I say, showing him my phone. He copies it down and nods, bowing one more time before leaving the building.

Let her go? Is it that easy? I sat still for a while, staring off into space, thinking about Hayoon. She has anxiety, a twisted ankle, her feet swollen, and scrapes all over her arms and legs. That led me to thinking: what happened the day after we broke up? I closed my eyes and thought about it hard.

She must've been running for her feet to be swollen let alone her having a twisted ankle. And the scrapes... she probably got it from when Yeonjun saved her from being hit by a car. I was thankful for Yeonjun when he told me he did that. But I got it from here, Yeonjun.

Do I though? I'm not aloud to breathe near Hayoon, yet I still need and want to protect her. I can't be away from her and there's nothing her parents can do to stop me. What will they do? Hire people to physically take me away from Hayoon if I look or breathe in her direction?

I got up and walked out of the building to take a short stroll. I needed to get my mind off of things. I don't care about Hayoon's parents, they can't do anything to make me stay away from Hayoon. I say that... yet here I am, not visiting her at all, giving her the silent treatment, and relying on other people to tell me how she is. My heart ached again. I just want to know how she's doing.

If loving Hayoon means that I have to fight my way for her, then I will. If loving Hayoon means that I will be in pain like this, then let me be in pain instead of her. Even if Hayoon is forced to stop loving me, I will never stop loving her. I can't let go because she doesn't know what kind of heart she gave me.