♥︎ Chapter Eighteen

𝐡𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐨𝐧

For our date tonight, Juyeon took me to Korean barbecue. Juyeon said that if we stayed in a private room we would be fine, but I told Juyeon that I don't want fans to take pictures of us in the private rooms because they have windows. Luckily, he had a friend who works here and he offered to cover the windows for us. We were sitting across from each other and we were waiting for the waiter to come in.

I still can't accept the fact that Juyeon is my boyfriend. All this time, we thought we knew nothing about each other, but we got to know each other through our mutual friends and when I was "Hwayoung". I still don't know what he thinks about me being rich and a "princess" and all that.

"Juyeon." I say, he nods.

"Yes?" He responds.

"The ball... what did you think about it when you... um... you know.. took off my mask?" I ask, he smiles and takes both of my hands.

"I knew it the whole time just by looking at your side profile, but my opinion on you didn't change. You're still my beautiful, sweet, quiet, and caring girl. You're still Hayoon. Remember what I said when I confessed to you? I said that no matter what your social class is, I'm always going to think of you as the quiet, beautiful, and talented Won Hayoon. And it's true. So don't worry, okay? You're always going to be my cute little Hayoon." Juyeon says, my heart flutters and my face turns red. I let go of his hands to cover my face but he takes them off and holds them again.

"Don't be embarrassed. It's true. But why do you keep it a secret?" He asks.

"I'm scared that people will think of me differently." I say, Juyeon lets go of one of his hands and pats my head.

"You're different from other people in your social class. There were some girls in high school that were also rich. They were rude and self-centered and would pick on everyone. I didn't like them because they made fun of my dream of being a singer and it made me insecure at one point. But you know what's such a coincidence?" Juyeon explains his story and I nod at his question.

"I met you a few days later." Juyeon smiles, my cheeks turn pink again.

"I remember now. You looked sad and I thought that you didn't want to meet me or something so I got sad too." I say, Juyeon's face turned into a worried expression.

"Are you kidding me? After I met you, my mood got way better. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is... you're different from people like that. You're quiet and you care more about others than yourself. You're my home and I feel comfort when I'm with you. Don't worry about your members, you're their baby apparently, they're always going to love you." Juyeon says, I nod and smile, holding his hands tighter.

The waiter comes in and takes our order, Juyeon orders all of the food for us and grills it for us when we get it. Juyeon is an amazing cook, I remember watching Flower Snack Shop and seeing how handsome he looked when cooking. He made sure to feed me first and I found that so adorable. However, I wanted to eat the same time as Juyeon.

Juyeon stopped grilling for a bit and we both started eating. The food was delicious, he knows exactly how to grill meat perfectly. I would look up from time to time and make sure that Juyeon was eating. He would do the same for me. We would both look up at the same time and smile. I had butterflies in my stomach, I couldn't believe that Lee Juyeon from my brother group, The Boyz, is my boyfriend. After all this time, after all the waiting, after me hiding all of my feelings, he finally liked me back. Maybe he liked me this whole time but denied it.

There were no other thoughts in my head other than what's right in front of me. It's paradise for me. It's right in front of my eyes. We finished eating and it was almost midnight again. Juyeon paid for us and we went to my dorm first. Juyeon gives me a soft kiss before hugging me one last time and leaving.

I enter my dorm with my hands on my heart, it was pounding so loud that you can hear it. Mikyung was asleep because she has school in the morning, while the other members were either eating dessert, showering, or watching TV. Hyojoo spots me first and pulls me into our room.

"What happened on your date?" She asks, holding my hands.

"We just ate and that's it. Nothing special today." I smile, she frowns.

"Hey! Every moment spent with him should be special. I don't know why it took you two so long to find each other, the whole world ships you." Hyojoo giggles, I smile and pat her head.

"Yeona is almost done in the bathroom, you use it first. Calista is challenging me to a dance battle." Hyojoo laughs, letting go of my hands and leaving, I smile at her as she closes the door.

I could feel that my cheeks were still burning. I can't get over the fact that Juyeon likes me for me and doesn't care about my social status. But did he start to like me after he found out it was me at the party? I should ask him tomorrow. I don't know how I'd feel if he did, my heart would shatter. But I trust Juyeon, there's no way since he said all of that at dinner.

Suddenly, my heart started to crack. My parents. What will they say about Juyeon? As normal rich parents would be, they want me to marry someone rich too. Hopefully they aren't like those parents in the dramas where they hire someone to make sure Juyeon stays away from me. My parents just want me to be happy, right? They don't care about who I marry. They just want me to take over the family business, not marry someone rich.

I don't know when to introduce Juyeon to them yet.