♥︎ Chapter Twenty-Three

𝐣𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐧

"Juyeon?" I hear Hayoon's voice snapping me out of my dream.

This is a dream, she can't be with me right now. What about her parents? What will they do if they find out we're together right now? I deny the reality and keep my eyes closed, hoping she'll go away.

"Juyeon?" She says again, sounding like she's about to cry. I immediately wake up this time.

"Oh thank God." She says, pulling me into a hug. She's sobbing, and I can't do anything about it.

"Are you okay? What happened to you?" She asks. I wish I could respond, but I can't. I can't be near her anymore, I can't talk to her anymore. She's not my girlfriend anymore. Well.. I need to break up with her officially.

"You didn't eat lunch, right? I'll go get you something to eat. Drink some water, okay?" Hayoon says, putting a glass of water on the tray in front of me and leaving the room.

I was in the hospital. The TV in front of me was playing a random drama that I've never seen before. There was a window on my left and I could see all of the streets and buildings from my room. I looked to my right and there were needles stuck in my arm. There was also a couch across from my right with Hayoon's bags on it. My heart started to ache again.

How do I leave someone who I've cherished for so long? Even if she doesn't feel like she did anything, Hayoon saved me from a lot of dark times in my trainee days. When the mean girls' words kept echoing in my mind, all I had to do was look in Hayoon's charming eyes or look at her beautiful smile and be fine. How am I going to do that now? If she was my girlfriend, I didn't need anything else. I just wanted Hayoon in the end.

Why did her parents even come to the building? Hayoon was taking an off day, right? There's no way they could've been visiting Hayoon. How did they find out my name? Did they send people to investigate me? I mean... I am a K-Pop idol but did Hayoon even tell her parents that we're dating? I know she wouldn't without my permission.

Then it hit me: Mr. Park.

He's Hayoon's driver, so he probably told Hayoon's parents and they came to me. How could this happen to me? I've only been dating Hayoon for a couple of days and she's already being dragged away from me? This isn't fair.. I can't do this. I can't go on without her.

I looked out the window, my mind was empty. I couldn't feel anything. All I wanted was Hayoon, that's it. I could do anything if I had Hayoon. I had her, then she got taken away from me. What was the reason? I bet that I treat Hayoon way better than any wealthy man they want her to be with. My wealth doesn't define my personality.

My heart was in pain and my heart was starting to spin again. I closed my eyes but all I could see was Hayoon's face. Her cute little eyes when she looks up at me, her beautiful smile when she's happiest, I love it all. Everything about her makes me happy. Her cute pink cheeks when I compliment her or make her shy. Her tiny and cute hands compared to mine. Her smile when I compliment her or we do something she loves. How her cheeks fill up when we eat. I loved watching Hayoon eat, she was absolutely adorable.

If love her, I can't let her go. I just can't... but I have no choice. I can't fight back for the girl I love the most. I admit it, I love Hayoon. I could be my complete self around her, she never judged me, she accepted me for who I am, and she was always there for me when I needed her. What am I going to do without her? I just lost her.. to her own parents. Just because I'm not wealthy?

Hayoon came back with bags full of food.

"Here, I got your favorites." She puts three boxes in front of me, filled with my favorite foods.

I didn't make eye contact with her, but I could tell that she was looking at me, waiting for me start eating. I didn't feel like eating at all. All I want is to grab Hayoon and hold her in my arms, telling her how much she means to me and how much I absolutely adore her.

"Do you want me to feed you?" She asks, picking up the chopsticks. I shake my head in response. She places the chopsticks down slowly.

"What's wrong? Why did you faint?" She asks me, I don't give in and completely ignore her.

Hayoon. I love you. I absolutely adore you.

"Talk to me, Juyeon. Please. I'm worried about you." She continues.

I love you every minute, every second. I love you everywhere and any moment.

"Are you okay? Are you sick?" She keeps asking me these questions even though I'm not responding. I wish I could respond, but I know that it will only hurt the both of us if I do.

Hayoon. I'm sorry. I'm doing this for your own good.

"Juyeon..." Hayoon starts crying but I don't steal a glance at her.

I hope you find a man who is more handsome than me. Taller than me. More talented than me. And most importantly, wealthier than me. I hope he treats you right and you will be happy with him.

"Even if you don't respond to me, can I at least stay by your side?" She asks, her voice quivering and her body shaking.

Please be happy. I never want to see you sad, I never want to see you cry. I hate being the reason you're crying. You can hate me for the rest of your life, I don't care. If it makes you happy, hate me.

"Look at me... that would be enough." She started to beg.

"Hayoon." I say, she immediately looks at me, holding my hand but I take it away from her.

"Let's break up."

I love you, Hayoon. I always will. I never imagined this day would come. But please, always be happy. Don't worry about me. I'll watch you from afar like how I did during my trainee days.