♥︎ Chapter Thirty-Four

𝐣𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐧

"Awww.. baby.." Hayoon coos softly, taking her hand out of mine to run her fingers through my hair. I love when she does this because it's so relaxing.

"Gosh what happened to me now? Why am I always in the hospital?" Hayoon asks, letting out a small laugh. I smile at her and she notices that I have tears running down my cheeks so she grabs my face softly and wipes my tears.

The next few minutes are just us looking into each other's eyes and smiling. She was still holding my face with both of her hands and I had mine placed over them. I admired Hayoon's beautiful and unique features. Her eyes are my favorite feature of hers, something about them makes me feel bubbly inside. Maybe it's the fact that they sparkle every time she looks at me, or the fact that they're just beautiful. She told me her favorite feature of mine is my nose, she thinks it's cute no matter how insecure I get over it. She always kisses my nose too.

She lets go of my face and places one of her hands in mine, laying back down and closing her eyes. I could tell that she was tired and she wanted to sleep some more, but I was there distracting her. I was about to let go of her hand and get up to leave, but then she started crying. I immediately sat on her bed next to her and put my arms around her, she did the same for me.

"Why are you crying?" I ask, my eyes tearing up just by looking at my own girlfriend crying. For the little time I've been with Hayoon, she's become everything to me. I truly do love her and I'd do anything to make her happy.

"It's just... when I'm looking at you... I can't help but feel sorry. I want to protect you, but I know at the same time that I can't." Hayoon states as more and more tears start falling. I pull her to my chest hold her tighter, trying not to hurt her. She sobs into my chest as she clenches the back of my shirt.

"What do you mean? You don't have to protect me, it's me who should protect you." I say, she shakes her head and pulls away a little, looking me in the eyes.

"Isn't it hard being with someone like me? My parents don't like you and I'm not the best girl for you anyways..." She avoids eye contact with me this time, I tilt her chin so that she's looking at me again.

"Why should I care about everyone else when you're the only person that matters?" I ask, she shakes her head and pulls herself into my chest again, I wrap my arms around her again.

"I'm serious, Juyeon. Out of everyone who likes you, you chose me... But I feel so bad for you." She says, I could sense that she's about to cry, so I kiss her forehead and run my fingers through her hair to calm her down a little.

"What do you mean-" I try to ask, but she interrupts me.

"I mean... Do you you still want to be with me? You have to sneak around and be under a lot of pressure with me. You'll get judged and bullied by my family... Are you sure you want to be with me?" She asks, my heart breaks hearing her ask me these questions.

We sit in silence for a couple of minutes as Hayoon cries harder and I start to cry as well. I started to think about those questions. I know deep in my heart that Hayoon is the girl that I love, I truly love her more than anything. She was the reason I was still a trainee back then, and she was the reason I was still alive. Even though she doesn't realize it — and I don't know when I'm going to tell her that — just by seeing her face, I started to fall for her. And when I started seeing her personality through her with Sangyeon and Eric, I realized how beautiful she is inside and out. And that made me want to cherish her for the rest of my life.

And about her family and the judging and bullying, to be honest, it hurts a lot, but I can push through it. The only reason why I'm okay with her family hating me is because I know that at the end of the day, Hayoon still loves me for me. But, like many couples, I really want her family to like me because if, one day, Hayoon and I get married, I'm going to need their blessing. I also know that marriage isn't what's important as of right now, but sooner or later, it'll be an issue and it'll be easier if I just deal with it now rather than wait.

The sneaking around to avoid being caught by her family is nothing to me. I'd do anything just to be with her. I know that it's not good since her parents could catch me anytime, but I can't help it, I just need to be around her. It's also kind of scary since we never know if her parents sent undercover spies to watch Hayoon and check if she's with me or not.

I hold Hayoon tighter while trying not to hurt her. I pull away for a second and wipe her tears, she does the same for me and smiles, pulling me down to her level and kissing my lips briefly.

"Well?" She asks, her voice breaking.

"Of course I still want to be with you. There's nobody else in the world who I'd rather be with than you. You're my everything and you have been since a long time ago. Even if you don't realize it, you mean the world to me and I'd do anything to stay by your side." I say, she smiles and pulls me into a sweet and longer kiss.

"I promise that I will stay with you forever. One day, your parents will like me, but even until that day comes, I promise I'll always be here." I say after we pull away, Hayoon smiles and pulls me close again, giving me a tight, warm hug.