♥︎ Chapter Twenty-Eight

𝐡𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐨𝐧

𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

My doctor was telling me that I'm going to be released from the hospital tomorrow night. He was prescribing me with anxiety medication and telling me everything I need for my ankle and my scrapes on my arm. I just nodded along — this is the most I've done to answer him in the past few days I've been here. My parents visited me this morning and in the afternoon, trying to get me to eat, but I just couldn't. My doctor left after checking my IV and temperature again.

I haven't stopped thinking about Juyeon, especially when I'm asleep. I'm surprised that I'm even waking up since I'm barely eating. My biggest fear was losing Juyeon, but that's exactly what happened. My parents are controlling my life as if it's their own. It's not fair and I don't want to live this life anymore. My life is mine and I'm old enough to make my own decisions. I'm already gonna take over the family business one day, what else do they want from me?

There was a knock on my door and I just laid down and closed my eyes. They opened the door and I could feel their presence sitting beside my bed. I know for a fact that it's not Juyeon, so I don't bother opening up my eyes. Whoever they were, they were just staring at me with their hand on top of mine. Juyeon's hands are huge, so they definitely weren't his.

"Hayoon." Am I dreaming? Is this actually Juyeon? No, there's no way. I keep my eyes closed.

"It's me, Juyeon." No, no it's not. Please stop imagining things, Hayoon... Juyeon is no longer aloud near you anymore so there's no way he would be here right now. I'm just imagining things. I turn around.

"Hayoon." Stop it, please. This hurts me. I don't want to open my eyes, I just can't.

"Hayoon." Juyeon calls my name again, I still don't open my eyes. This is just hurting the both of us, he needs to leave.

"I love you." Please stop this. I can't take this. My heart is breaking into smaller and smaller pieces day by day without you. Don't lie to me, please don't say things that you don't mean. It hurts me even more.

"Ever since I met you, you were always a special person to me." Just leave, Juyeon. I can't look you in the eyes, I can't let you get hurt by my parents again. Please just leave for the both of us.

"I know I don't deserve you, Hayoon. But please hear me out. That's all I need." You're wrong, Juyeon. It's me who doesn't deserve you. You were out of my league since the beginning, I had and still have no chance to be with you. I had you then I lost you, and looking back is torture.

"If you are breathing in my tears, I won't let them dry... If you're still squirming in my scars, I won't let it heal... Even if it hurts, it's okay if it's you." You're so special to me, Juyeon. He can't see me, but I'm basically balling my eyes out silently right now.

"All I want is for you to smile, that would be enough." I can't smile if I don't have you by my side, Juyeon. But I know that I can't have you with me anymore or else it will hurt you, and I never want to see you hurt, so I have no choice.

"I know that you're still not talking to anybody, and I also know that you need time." I don't need time, I know that you're the one that I love. I'm never going to get over you and I'm set on that. I don't care if it's unhealthy, I need you, Juyeon.

"But before I go, I want you to know that I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid of anything. If you know me, you know that I'm serious about everything. I work hard for everything I do until I'm satisfied, even if it means overworking myself. The one thing I'm most serious about now... is my relationship with you, Hayoon." You can't hurt yourself like this because of me. There are many other girls who deserve you other than me. Even if it hurts to see you with another girl, please just go.

"You may be worried about me, but you don't have to worry about me okay? Your parents can't do anything to keep me away from you. I know who I chose to be my girlfriend, and it's you. I know what I'm getting into, and I don't care. I want one person, and that's you." I want you too, Juyeon..

I can't handle this anymore, I need to talk to him.

"You know what... I'm not going to leave." I try to move again, but I'm too weak. I'm surprised I was able to turn over earlier.

"Let me stay here by your side. This is enough for me." Juyeon lays down beside me, his arms wrapping around my waist.

"Juyeon.." I whisper, he instantly shoots up.

"Hayoon... are you okay?" He asks, slowly removing his arms from me.

"I'm fine." I respond.

"But.. I'm gonna.. uh.. sleep.." I say. Why did I say that? I close my eyes anyway, anticipating what Juyeon is going to do next.

"I love you." Juyeon lays back down and wraps his arms around me again, I smile slightly. I knew it, he's always going to be my boy.

"I'm sorry for being so cold-"

"Hayoon." I hear Nurse Ha calling my name, softly. I immediately open my eyes and shoot up, noticing it's daytime. What? How could this be? It was just nighttime..

"Finally, you're awake. I brought you some breakfast, I hope you eat it." She says, placing a tray on the table in front of me.

"Nurse Ha..." I say, she widens her eyes and smiles, nodding at me.

"Who visited me yesterday?" I ask.

"In the morning, it was a blonde boy and your parents. In the afternoon, it was your bandmates. And nobody visited you in the evening. Why?" She asks, my heart drops.

It was all a dream.