♥︎ Chapter Thirty-Nine

𝐣𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐧

𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

Being separated for six months has made me realize how special Hayoon is to me. I've been coping through our old pictures together, her gifts for me, and her old stages. I remembered all of the memories we shared together: our first date all the way to the last time I saw her. Instead of crying, I started realizing that she taught how to love and I'm ready to love her more than ever. Call me crazy, but I truly believe that one day Hayoon and I will see each other again. I feel it in my heart and I just can't wait for that day.

During this time, I've been practicing as normal. Even though I'm still worried sick about Hayoon and I want to see her and be with her really bad, I hide it from my work. She's so important to me, but so is my career. I heard that she's going to come back to the company soon, and the only thing I'm thinking about is what the song is going to be like and what Hayoon's lines are. My lips turn into a smile every time I think about Hayoon's singing, it reminds me of the time she sang at her mom's birthday and I immediately knew it was her. She lied to my parents about her name because she didn't want me to know her secret. She's so cute, she thinks I'd think less of her just because she's rich. In all honesty, I love her the same.

These days, even with Hayoon on my mind, I've been happier. The only thing that's keeping me going is one of Hayoon's photo cards that Mikyung gave me. I remember just being in the practice room and Mikyung throws me their debut album that has all of Hayoon's photo cards, her postcard, and her CD. The best part about the album is that it's signed. I still have the album, it's on my nightstand. Even though we're separated, I still love her so much.

We were on our break and I see someone approach me. She has body guards around her and I was praying to God that she's not a relative of Hayoon's. I just stand there as Hayoon's dad comes out and approaches me too. My stomach starts to turn but I bow to both of them, they do the same and pull me into a private room.

"You're Juyeon, right?" The girl asks, I nod. She smiles and takes off her sunglasses.

"I'm Seom Hyunji, Hayoon's cousin. I'll make things really quick." She says, I nod.

"I own Seom Jewelry and I'm coming out with a diamond collection, basically dedicated to Hayoon, soon. I'm throwing an event for the release tomorrow, I was wondering if you could come." She tells me. My heart starts to pound, she wants ME to go to an event like that? Where I could possibly bump into Hayoon? Then I realized Hayoon's dad was here and he gave me a smile.

"I know you don't have the best impression of me, but Hyunji convinced me that you're the right person for Hayoon. Believe me or not, but I thought like that since the beginning." He explains, I want to jump up and hug him, but I hide my excitement with a smile. Is this even real?

"The only people who my wife takes defeat from is her own parents. They love Hayoon more than anything else in the world, just like you and I." Her dad says, I smile and let out a small chuckle. They must love her a lot then, I think to myself.

"Coincidentally, Hayoon's grandfather had a lower social class than her grandmother, so they've been through the same thing that you and Hayoon are going through, and Hyunji has gone through." He explains, I look at Hyunji and she nods, letting out a sigh.

"I've informed them about your situation, and I got information from the private spies we've sent after you and told it to them. They also believe that you're perfect for Hayoon." He says, I smile big and Hyunji giggles.

"See, Uncle? I told you. That's the look of love right there." She points to me and Hayoon's dad laughs and nods.

"Here's our plan. You attend Hyunji's event and meet up with Hayoon again. Don't worry about Hayoon's mother, we got you covered." He says, I nod and smile.

"What time is the event?" I ask.

"6:30pm." Hyunji says, I nod.

"The whole purpose of this event is not only to promote my new collection, but to defeat Aunt Won and convince her to let you two date again. When you arrive to the event, just stay with Hayoon for a while and then Uncle Won, grandma, grandpa, and I will do everything." Hyunji smiles at me and I nod.

"We will see you at this event, right?" Hayoon's dad asks.

"Yes, sir. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Thank you both so much for doing this for Hayoon. I promise that I will pay you back one day." I stand up and now to them, they do the same.

"The only way you can repay me is taking good care of Hayoon. But that won't be a problem for you, since it's obvious that you'd do it either way." Her dad says, I nod and smile. I look at Hyunji and she's deep in thought.

"I got it! Since I'm doing this for you and Hayoon, I want you two to be models for my couples collection when it comes out!" She says, I nod.

"That sounds like a great idea. No problem." I say, she smiles and bows.

"Thank you, Juyeon. We will see you tomorrow." Hayoon's dad bows and shakes my hand, leaving the room.

"Thank you. Dress nicely tomorrow, you're going to see the love of your life again." Hyunji smiles at me and I do the same. We bow to each other and leave the room.

Tomorrow... I'm finally seeing Hayoon again.