♥︎ Chapter Ten

𝐡𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐨𝐧

Instead of sleeping at my dorm last night, I slept at my family home. My parents have this huge house just for themselves and they still have my bedroom that is still just as I left it. I had a good night's sleep knowing that I'm back with my family. I just woke up and it was still pretty dark outside. The only thing I remember from last night was getting home from practice at around 11pm, eating dinner, showering, then going to bed. I figured it might still be in the middle of the night, so I went back to sleep.

"Sweetheart, it's time to wake up." I hear my mom enter my room and sit on my bed, rubbing my stomach. I open my eyes and sit up, rubbing my eyes.

"My little girl isn't so little anymore." My mom pouts, I smile and hug her, she holds me tightly.

"Where are we going?" I ask, she hands me an outfit for the day.

"First, we're having brunch with your grandparents. Afterwards we're going to the ballroom to make sure that everything is ready for tonight. Then, we have to do some last minute shopping for some flowers for you and I. And after that, I will lead the day for you." My mom pinches my cheek and I nod. My dad comes in.

"Oh, sweetheart. You're awake! I brought you water and medicine. You need to take your vitamins and your medicine for today." My dad sets a tray with water and my vitamins and medicine on my nightstand.

"Thank you, dad." I smile, he comes up to me and kisses my forehead.

"Let's go, honey. Hayoon needs to get ready and so do we." My mom stands up and takes my dad's hand, they leave my room together.

First, I take my medicine and vitamins. When I was still living with them, my dad would do this for me everyday. He would wake me up by telling me to take my medicine and vitamins with a glass of water. It makes me feel safe and loved when it's just me and my parents. Instead of being treated like a princess at their office, I definitely prefer living the life as a normal girl. I love my current career though, I'm so glad my parents let me be a K-Pop idol even though I'm their only child.

I take a shower, do my skincare, and change into the outfit that my mom gave me for today. It floral pink dress. I did a simple makeup look for running errands — concealer instead of full face foundation, just eyeliner, mascara, blush, and lip tint. For my hair, I wore curled then I put it half up half down. I thought I was done until I saw my old jewelry box. This was my great-grandma's jewelry box. It was a mixture of her old and vintage jewelry and my own. I decided to wear one of her earrings that looked like flowers. When I was done, I put on some deodorant and perfume, packed my clutch, and went downstairs.

My dad was downstairs first. He was wearing a nice suit and pink tie. I smiled because we were matching.

"You are gorgeous, sweetheart." My dad smiles, hugging me tightly.

"You're going to steal the spotlight from your mother." He jokes and laughs, I laugh along with him.

My mom was ready after 30 minutes. She was wearing a pink floral vintage dress with wedges. She gave me new silver and sparkly heels to wear. We locked up the house and were picked up by our driver, Mr. Park.

He drove us to the restaurant where my grandparents were waiting for us. My grandparents were the only ones that supported my idol dream when I first told them about it. My grandma convinced my dad to let me go and take care of myself. We entered the restaurant and I had a clear view of my grandparents. They were sitting next to a window and they were looking out. Everybody in the restaurant was all rich and elegant and all that so I couldn't yell and run over to them, so I slowly walked there with my parents.

"There's my princess!" My grandma stands up immediately and grabs my face, kissing both of my cheeks, then wrapping her arms around me.

"Our beautiful and shining star, Hayoon." My grandpa chuckled, standing up and hugging me too. Then my parents greeted them and the worker pulled out a chair for me. I sat down across from my grandma.

My grandparents were asking me about how my career is going. They were interested in what my normal schedule looked like and asked me how my health was. We also discussed what we felt about the ball and how we're all excited about it. My grandparents were telling me how all of their high school friends will remember them because they would always go to my dad's house to hang out together.

When we were finished eating, my dad went to take my grandparents to the hotel where the ballroom is while my mom and I run last minute errands. Mr. Hwang picked up my dad and grandparents and my mom and I got picked up by Mr. Park.

Our first destination was a flower shop. My mom wanted our table to have different flowers than everyone else so that we stand out (even though we're sitting in the front, next to the DJ table). Everyone else's flowers were white with red and peach accents, while ours are full on red roses.

It was already 11am since my mom and I took a long time to get ready so we left the house later than they planned. It was also because our breakfast was longer than we expected. We had to be at the hotel by 12:30pm for lunch with the committee and my parents' employees. We were right on time so there was no reason to rush.

We arrived at the hotel at 11:20, so we were super early. My mom told me to check into the room and maybe go check on my grandparents. She gave me the room key for my room and told me my grandparents' room number.

I checked on my grandparents first. They were sleeping, I smiled and left the room quietly. I went inside of my room and it had a king bed and a nice view, it would probably look beautiful at nighttime. It was only 11:45 right now, so I laid down on the bed and went on my Twitter. I looked up my name and there were a lot of tweets about the MiYoon live I did. I smiled because of how cute my fans are.

Time passed by quickly and it was already 12:20, so I used the bathroom real quick, touched up my hair and makeup, grabbed my clutch and I was off to lunch with everyone. My grandparents were already down there and everybody was waiting for me. Once I walked down, everyone greeted me.

"Hello, princess."