♥︎ Chapter Twenty-Nine

𝐣𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐧

It was the morning and I had yet another dream about Hayoon. She's the first thing I think about when I open my eyes, and the last thing I think about when I go to sleep. I had a dream that I visited her in the hospital and I told her how I really feel. I knew the dream was too real to be true. If only I could see her one last time before she leaves. Maybe I'll try to talk to her in private when she's back from her hiatus.

Eric and I sat next to each other in the car as usual. We were sharing headphones because I was too distracted this morning and we were running late so I didn't grab mine in time. I was closing my eyes and listening to Eric's music while he's just staring out of the window. Eric and I have similar taste in music so I was enjoying all of his songs on his playlist. Suddenly, "LALALILALA" starts playing. Eric immediately turns it off and apologizes.

Just by hearing Hayoon's "LALALILALA" at the beginning, I felt tears coming into my eyes. I wasn't going to cry in front of the members just because I listened to Hayoon's voice. I'm still surprised at the fact that at the ball, her parents seemed so carefree and fun, but they're the exact same as the rich parents in dramas. My heart sank remembering the harsh words her mom said to me. How do I make them like me?

We make it to the Cre.Ker building at the same time as Primrose. We greet each other and I pull Mikyung aside because she's the closest to Hayoon in the group. Her and I are sitting like three feet apart in a private room. It was just silence.

"Is Hayoon alright?" I ask, she looks at me and scoffs.

"Wow... are you kidding? If it wasn't for you, she wouldn't be on her hiatus! It's all your fault! How could you! I was so stupid for thinking that you actually loved her! She was so in love with you and you push her away and break her heart like that? And you have the nerve to ask me how she is? You're ridiculous. I'm leaving." Mikyung raises her voice at me, shooting a dirty look at me before leaving and slamming the door.

It took me while to process what Mikyung just said to me. I wasn't angry or upset at the fact that I'm her senior and she didn't use any honorifics. I was trying to process what she said. Is she blaming her hiatus on me? Does nobody know that she was almost hit by a car because she was running away from her parents? That's when it hit me. Nobody knows what her parents do and she's not talking to anybody. I get it now.

Since I love Hayoon so much and I'm willing to protect her, I will take the blame for it. I can deal with it.

𝙮𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙟𝙪𝙣
𝘏𝘢𝘺𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺. 𝘐'𝘮 𝘣𝘶𝘴𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘱 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺. 𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨. 𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦.

𝙢𝙚
𝘐𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘮 𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴? 𝘐𝘧 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘮, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸

𝙮𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙟𝙪𝙣
𝘔𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘮. 𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦. 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦.

𝙢𝙚
𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘳𝘺. 𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦.

My heart hurt at Yeonjun's text. "I haven't seen her smile in a while." I wish I could've visited her at least once, but I was scared that her parents would walk in any moment. I wanted to see her, apologize, get her back, but I need to accept the fact that she is no longer apart of my life and I am no longer apart of hers. My heart hurt again after hearing my own thoughts. Why would I say that? I love Hayoon, don't I?

I went to our practice room and I was a couple of minutes late, but our dance mentor let it slide since he was also late. We were learning a new choreography and I knew I needed to focus on that instead of worrying about Hayoon. As always, Hayoon was the only thing on my mind. I tried hard to follow our dance mentor and my members to make it look like I was doing fine. In my head, all I can see is Hayoon. I have so many questions, but I can't worry about them now.

We got out two hours earlier today and it was already 8pm. I'm guessing that Hayoon is already out of the hospital. Yeonjun sent me the address of the café near the BigHit building that him and Hayoon met coincidentally at. I decided to go and maybe she will be there. If I just got out of the hospital, I would go home, but Hayoon is different, so maybe I might see her. Hopefully I might see her.

I enter the café and look around the room. Hayoon isn't here. I sigh and order coffee anyways, I get an extra for Eric just in case he wants a sip of mine then takes it because he likes it. I sit down on a couch with both coffees and I go on my phone. Suddenly, a tall figure comes up to me. He takes off his mask and it's Yeonjun. He smiles at me and I tell him to sit down.

"Hayoon got out of the hospital a few minutes ago. She updated me and told me she's going home. Why are you here?" He asks, taking a seat next to me. I shrug and sigh.

"To be honest, I thought she would be here. But I mean she just got out of the hospital and the first thing anyone would do is go home." I chuckle at myself, Yeonjun lets out a small laugh.

"Do you think she would talk to you? She even didn't talk to me and I've been her friend for years." He asks.

"Maybe. I think she hates me." I reply, Yeonjun frowns.

"She doesn't hate people. That's how she is. She doesn't hold grudges and she hates being mad at people. She may be upset, but she definitely doesn't hate you." Yeonjun says to me, I smile a little.

"I hope you're right-"

The TV started playing loudly.

"One person severely injured after getting hit by a car in Seoul." They showed the live footage of the person getting hit by the car and the ambulance coming. Yeonjun and I looked hard into who it was and we couldn't believe what we saw.