♥︎ Chapter Fourteen

𝐡𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐨𝐧

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢

We just dropped Mikyung off to school and were now on our way to practice. The car ride was silent because we were all super tired. Everyone, including me, had earbuds in and were either closing their eyes, asleep, or looking out the window. Last night, when I got back home, we stayed up almost all night because they missed me so much. I was only gone for the weekend and they missed me, I love my group. I told them that my parents are getting better and I spent the day with my mom. They told me that I was trending on Twitter because I was out with my mom and I was at Etude House which is the makeup brand I'm an ambassador for.

Once we made it to the company building, Yeona woke all of us up. We entered the building together and immediately entered our practice room. Everybody dropped their bags down and started to form our stretching circle. This usually wakes us up before we do anything else.

"Let's learn "Wannabe" by ITZY today. We'll sing and dance it and we'll have our vocal coach decide who sang the best and worst." Jangmi suggests, everyone nods in agreement. We were still super sleepy, but I guess that's what we get for staying up too later.

We did what we always do when we learn dances. I got the practice room and everybody else separated into different rooms. I made sure to lock the door so that Juyeon can't come in. Anyways, I was learning Yeji's part, which is good because I learned this dance already and I focused more on Yeji's parts. I needed to refresh my memory so I had to watch Yeji's fancams over and over again for the 30 minutes since I already knew her lines.

Fifteen minutes had passed by and I already mastered Yeji's parts. All I needed to do was practice the whole song focusing on dancing first, then do it again focusing on singing, then do both and see how well I do. When I went to turn on the music, I looked at the empty practice room. It reminded me of the empty dance floor that Juyeon and I danced on. My heart sank, I still can't believe that he found out.

Speaking of Juyeon, I haven't seen him so far. Usually, he would be waiting by the entrance for me or chasing after me wherever I go, but I haven't seen him at all. Maybe he has a different schedule today? I shook off my thoughts and went back to the dance. I went too hard on the dance and was exhausted when trying to sing. When I did both, it was terrible.

I can't focus. The only thing on my mind is Juyeon. Is he going to tell everyone my secret? When he got home, did he tell the members that he saw me? Did he tell them that I'm the daughter of these rich people? I was scared and worried. Scared because I really don't want anyone else finding out, and worried because I haven't seen him so far. Maybe he really does see me as a rich brat. This is exactly what I was afraid of. My image in Juyeon's mind is ruined.

The 30 minutes were up and I unlocked the practice room door. We reviewed the chorus together first, then the dance break, then everything else. We were doing our dance practice and it went well. Then we did our vocal practice and it could've been better. I think they had the same problem as me, they put too much energy into dancing that they're exhausted and they can't breathe during some parts. We practiced for another 30 minutes and then we invited our vocal coach to judge us.

When we finished, our vocal coach thought that Hyojoo did the best and Yeona didn't do as good as everyone else. Hyojoo wanted to eat kimbap, ddeokbokki, and bulgogi with rice, so we ordered the food and Yeona paid for it. While we waited, we decided to learn another song and dance. We agreed to learn them separately. For the song, we wanted to sing "Be As One" by TWICE all together and for the dance, we wanted to learn "Reveal" by The Boyz. The first thing we did was split our parts for both.

"The main vocal in TWICE is Jihyo and the lead vocals are Nayeon and Jeongyeon. The lead rapper is Dahyun and the main rapper is Chaeyoung." I look at their positions.

"Momo is a sub-vocalist and sub-rapper. Sana, Mina, Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu are sub-vocalists." I read again.

We separated into parts and I got Nayeon and Momo. I already knew the song pretty well and so did all of the members so we practiced together instead of separating. When we finished our first practice, we thought we were pretty good so we started to separate into parts for the "Reveal" cover. Since we covered "DDD" last time, we decided to cover the same members as last time. This time we split up. I went to a private room because I had the practice room twice already. Hopefully Juyeon won't come in this time. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, I'm afraid that it's Juyeon, so I ask before I open the door.

"It's Eric, let's talk." I hear Eric's voice, I smile and open the door.

"Hey, what do you wanna talk about?" I ask, pausing the fancam.

"Wait wait wait. Hayoon... you're watching Juyeon's fancam?" Eric laughs, I push him away softly from my computer.

"Hey! We're practicing right now and we all decided to learn 'Reveal', okay? Don't think I'm doing this because I want to!" I laugh, Eric laughs again.

"You guys are covering 'Reveal'? Wow! Who's doing my part? Can we watch it when you're done?" Eric asks, I shake my head.

"Yes, we're covering 'Reveal'. Hyojoo is covering your part. And NO you can't watch." I say, rolling my eyes, Eric laughs at me again.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I ask.

"Let's talk about Juyeon."