♥︎ Chapter Eleven

𝐡𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐨𝐧

𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢

It was already 4 and my family and I were getting ready. My mom was getting ready in my parents' room, while my dad was getting ready in Mr. Hwang's room. Of course, I was getting ready in my room. My mom hired people to do my makeup and hair so I had to wait for them for a while. While I waited, I took off my makeup and washed my face to prep it for them.

When they came, they set everything up on the table first. They told me to take the desk chair and sit in front of the window for better and natural lighting. They told me to get as comfortable as possible because it will probably take some time. They also offered me some food but I nicely declined because I was still full from the big lunch we had.

First, they started my makeup. They started off with my foundation and concealer first, then they moved onto my eye makeup. Since my dress is pink, they did a rose gold eye look. They added a nice wing with some eyeliner and put fake eyelashes on for me. Then they filled in my eyebrows lightly. Next, they applied a beautiful pink blush and rose coral lipstick. They set my face with setting spray and now it was time for my hair.

For my hair, they added more tight curls so that they last all night and that was it. All I had to do was change into my dress now. It seemed like 15 minutes, but there were so many breaks in between that it took at least an hour. They left around 4:55, so I had just enough time to change into my dress and still be on time to go downstairs and greet the guests.

I changed into my long and elegant pink dress, put on my heels, deodorant, my new perfume, and my new earrings. I'm not a necklace wearer, so I didn't wear a necklace. Once I was ready, I grabbed my clutch, my mom's present, and my mask and left my room, smiling. It's my mom's big day, I need to make this as special as possible for her.

My dad greeted me the second I stepped out of the elevator and he looked like he was about to cry. He held me tightly and led me inside the ballroom to place my gift for her. He told me that it's still a bit early so I can stay in the lobby while I wait. I put on my mask just in case Juyeon and his family come early.

An hour passed and it was already 6pm. I stood and walked to the door, where the hotel staff opened the door for me, revealing a line of waiting guests at the door. I smiled and bowed at them. I signaled the hotel staff to let them in one by one and make sure they have their invitations out so I can check.

"Hayoon? You look absolutely beautiful, darling! You and your mom have always been beautiful queens." My mom's best friend, Heeyeon, says. I thank her and give her a hug, checking her invitation and telling her she can go.

It was people after people and then I saw him. Juyeon. His parents came up to me and I checked their invitation, I told them they could go.

"You're Heeryeong's daughter, right? How old are you?" Juyeon's mom asks, I nod.

"I'm 21 years old." I respond, she nods and they all enter to the ballroom.

Everyone was checked in by 6:30pm, so I told the hotel staff to close the doors and I went to go inside. I opened the door and it was packed. All eyes were on me and I could hear a lot of whispers like: "She's gorgeous, definitely Heeryeong's daughter." "She looks exactly like Heeryeong, wow." "How beautiful." I smiled and bowed at everyone, sitting down next to my dad, directly next to Juyeon and his parents.

"Excuse me." I hear from next to me. It's Juyeon's mom again.

"Can I get your name? I didn't catch it earlier." She smiles. If I say Hayoon, Juyeon will know it's me. Speaking of Juyeon, he looks absolutely handsome. I couldn't help but swoon. I had no choice but to lie.