♥︎ Chapter Seven

𝐡𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐨𝐧

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢

My mom's birthday ball is in two days already. This morning, I had to practice my song that I'm going to sing for my parents' slow dance. I entered the ball hall and was greeted by my mom's employees and assistants. They bowed at me in sync and I bowed back. I don't get why they treat me like this, I don't own their company yet, I'm not their boss yet. There's no reason to be so formal with me. It's not like I'm gonna tell on them to my parents if they're rude to me.

Some of them offered to walk me to the ballroom, but I declined and told them I can go there myself. He informed me that my dad is already inside, waiting for me. I thanked them and entered the ballroom quickly.

"There's my princess." My dad smiles, hugging me.

"Daejung, this is my beautiful daughter, Hayoon. Hayoon, this is the DJ for your mother's party. You two can discuss what you're going to do for the party. I will be over there if you need me, sweetheart." My dad says, kissing my forehead then leaving.

"What song are you singing, Miss?" Daejung asks, politely.

"Always by Yoon Mi Rae." I say, he nods. The reason why I chose this song is not only because my mom loves it and she loved the drama (Descendants of the Sun), it's also because of the lyrics.

"Mr. Won, Ms. Hayoon is going to practice now." Daejung announces on the microphone. My dad gives a thumbs up and sits in one of the chairs to watch.

I walk to the microphone and let Daejung know that I'm ready. He starts the music and I get ready to sing.

"𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶
𝘐 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘱𝘶𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘰𝘶𝘵
𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘨𝘯𝘪𝘻𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶"

Every time I sing these lyrics, I think of Juyeon. He's my company mate and my senior. I feel so stupid for falling for him. It's not right and I couldn't help it. Sometimes I wonder how did I even get to liking him in the first place. And when I'm near him or when he comes to me, my face turns red, my heart races, and I can't move. I try to push him away but he's always here. Why do I feel this way about him? Why him out of everyone?

I finish the song and my dad as well as all of his employees applaud me. Daejung tells me that I did a good job and I thank him. My dad comes up to me and hugs me tightly.

"Absolutely beautiful, sweetheart. I can already see your mother and I dancing to your sweet and lovely voice." My dad kisses my head and I nod, smiling at him.

"Now, I have to check if your mother is coming. You check if the guest list is right for the tables." My dad says, I nod and go to the front.

I checked the list and they were all correct. My heart sank at Juyeon's name. He's sitting at a table with (what I'm guessing is) his parents and I'm guessing more high school friends. They're sitting at a table in the front which means Juyeon is gonna have a clear view of me when I'm singing whether he's in the crowd or not. It doesn't matter, I'm gonna be wearing a mask. Just then, my parents came in together.

"Sweetheart, do you need anything else? You have a dress, mask, and shoes. Is there anything missing? I requested for you to take this day off so take my card and buy whatever you need." My mom hugs me and kisses my cheek, giving me her card.

"But mom, don't you need me to do anything else? I can fix anything, I can check the lights and the tables or-" I try to say.

"Sweetheart, I have at least 100 people here right now that will listen to whatever your father, me, and even you say. Just go." My mom smiles, holding me tightly.

"Actually, honey, we need to buy more glasses. We're 16 short." My dad says, patting my head.

"Oh! Okay then. Hayoon, buy the glasses and maybe get some new perfume for you." My mom says, I nod because I have no other choice.

My dad's childhood friend (Mr. Hwang) is also his assistant (and the only person my dad trusts to drive me places out of all of his employees) drives me to buy the glasses and protect me from fans and other people. When I got them, I made sure that they were tightly wrapped so that they wouldn't shatter.

Once I get those, I tell him to bring me to the mall so that I can buy myself new perfume, heels, and earrings. My mom hired people to do my hair and makeup, so I didn't have to worry about that. Also, the theme of her party is white and gold, but I'm wearing a pink dress. It wasn't my idea, I didn't even buy the dress. My mom did and she did it on purpose so I can stick out to everyone. My mask is white and gold though.

I went into a department store to buy a new perfume. Currently, I use "Daisy" by Marc Jacobs, but I've been using it since I was 12 and I want to try something new. I was completely covered up from my head to my toes. Mr. Hwang was standing peacefully and unbothered next to me while I just smell and test all of these perfumes. He doesn't get impatient or angry when I take long, in fact he treats me like his own daughter sometimes. I was looking around and then I found it, Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Rosé.

"I found it! Yay!" I say, grabbing the box and jumping around.

"Where to next, Hayoon?" He asks me, I tell him we're heading to the shoes.

My dress is pink, my mask is white and gold, and the theme of the party is white and gold. White shoes? Does it matter anyways? My dress is long so it doesn't even matter. I could wear sneakers but I know my mom wouldn't want me to do that. I was looking around for white heels. I couldn't find anything fancy so I just bought plain white heels.

We went to the accessories and I didn't take a lot of time to look at the earrings because I knew exactly which one I wanted. Mr. Hwang and I made our way back to the ballroom so I can bring my parents the glasses.