♥︎ Chapter Five

𝐣𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐧

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢

It was my off day. Me and my dad were off to find me a suit and mask for the ball. We also needed to buy a present for the host. My mind couldn't stop thinking about Hayoon. Why is she always on my mind? Is this why I have the sudden urge to be close to her? I shake off my thoughts and enter a few stores with my dad. Many fans were taking pictures and videos, but I didn't mind.

The color theme of the ball is white and gold, but my dad told me I can just wear a regular black suit. We looked at some of them and I tried on a lot. With the help of the workers and my dad, I found the perfect black suit for the party. If only Hayoon were there, she would be shocked and probably run away from me. I chuckled as I looked at myself in the mirror.

My dad and I went to find me dress shoes and a tie. We were looking in a department store and the dress shoes were right next to the suits and ties. My dad was looking for a tie while I was waiting for the worker to get my size for the shoes. I tried on the shoes and they were a perfect fit. I showed my dad and he told me to get them. I paid for them and went to my dad, who held up a bow tie.

"A bow tie?" I laugh, he nods.

"You're already handsome, no need to get a big tie. This is cute, you'll attract a lot of girls there." My dad laughs, I smile.

We still needed to find a mask for the both of us and a gift from my parents and I. It was fun shopping with my dad, but I still had no idea how to tell him that I'm not gonna bring anyone. He wants me to find a girlfriend even though I'm an idol and my fans will be upset that I'm dating. I don't have anyone that I like at the moment, and I don't have much female friends, so how am I supposed to find someone to bring? My dad didn't want me to bring one of the members and the members didn't wanna go either. I had no choice but to not bring anyone at all.

We were in a party store deciding which masks to buy. My dad and I both have black suits so we bought gold masks. We bought another gold mask for my mom since she's wearing a white dress. We left the party store and my dad drove me back to my dorm.

The party is on Sunday and it's already Thursday. I haven't told my dad that I'm not bringing anyone yet. He parked the car in front of the building and said goodbye. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to tell him.

"Dad." I say, he looks at me and nods.

"I can't bring anyone to the ball. I don't like anyone and nobody likes me. Plus, I don't want to fans to think that I'm dating anyone. I'm sorry." I say, looking down the whole time.

"Juyeon, it's okay. I understand. I was selfish not to think about your image. I'm sorry." My dad replies, patting my head.

"We'll see you on Saturday. You can arrive with us." My dad smiles, I nod. I take all my stuff and head back to my dorm.

Once I enter, there are some members in the kitchen, in the living room, or in their rooms. They all greet me and I go to my room to put everything away. Eric comes up to me as I'm putting away my mask.

"Wow, Juyeon. You're gonna look so cool in this." Eric laughs, looking at the mask.

"Be quiet." I laugh with him.

"Are you going with Hayoon?" He asks, I freeze at the mention of Hayoon's name for a second, then I snap back to reality.

"No, she didn't want to go with me." I sigh. Eric can tell that it bothered me.

"That's weird. She loves formals and stuff. She likes to dress up cause she says feels like a princess. I don't get why she would pass up on that." Eric mentions, I freeze again, this time to think about what he said.

"You said she enjoys going to those kinds of things?" I ask, my eyes widening.

"Yeah, she absolutely loves it. She said she will never pass up the opportunity to go to one since she's never been to one." He responds, my heart drops. If she likes elegant balls like this, why did she say no to me?

"Does she like anyone?" I ask, Eric smiles and hits me playfully.

"Are you telling me you like her? I knew it! Sunwoo owes me $20 now." Eric laughs and keeps hitting my arm.

"I don't like her." I deny, Eric rolls his eyes in disbelief.

"You like her, Juyeon. Just admit it already." Eric says, taking out his phone.

"Here." Eric shows me his lock screen wallpaper, which is a picture of Hayoon and him together. Why would he have that as his wallpaper? Who does he think he is?

"How do you feel about this?" Eric asks, putting away his phone.

"I don't care." I lie. There were so many questions I needed to ask, but I didn't want to ask them because he would only accuse me of liking her.

"Are you sure you don't like her? She's Hayoon. She has a lot of guys after her." Eric says, my eyes widen again. Did he just say that a lot of guys like her? Who? From what group?

"What do you mean? Who?" I blurt out. Eric starts laughing again.

"Wow, I knew it. Many guys. I'm pretty sure Wooseok from Pentagon likes her. Felix definitely likes her." Eric says, my hand clenches at the names. Why do they like her? Have they even met her before?

"You're getting a little angry, Juyeon. Calm down, Hayoon likes someone calm." Eric jokes, I look at him like I'm about to punch him.

"Whatever. I'm gonna go eat now." I say, leaving my room.

"I'm coming with you!" Eric says, following me.