♥︎ Chapter Nine

𝐣𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐧

𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

I can't believe that tomorrow is already the ball, and the fact that I didn't understand Hayoon. Nobody knows about her family, so I had no idea. It's not my business to know about her whole life because there are definitely many things that she would rather not share. But I want her to know that she can trust me and I'm willing to wait for her. I smiled at the thought that she's not upset at me. I was worried over nothing.

Eric and Sunwoo come into my room while I'm checking out my suit and mask for tomorrow.

"Juyeon, you're going in this? Wow. If Hayoon went with you, she would fall in love." Sunwoo says while looking at my suit, I can't tell if he's sarcastic or not.

"Don't be sarcastic with me. I'm not going with Hayoon and I'm only going because I need to get away from you guys." I say, Eric and Sunwoo laugh within each other.

"What time is the ball?" Eric asks, looking at the invitation.

"It's at seven, but I'm meeting with my parents at 4:30." I say, putting away my suit and mask. Do I even have a nice cologne to wear? I mean I guess it doesn't matter since there's nobody to impress there, but it's always nice to smell good.

"What are you gonna do before you meet with your parents?" Sunwoo asks, sitting on my bed with Eric.

"I'm gonna buy new cologne. Why? Do you wanna come?" I ask the both of them. Eric was on his phone but he sighs and nods.

"Sure, I have nothing better to do anyways." Sunwoo replies and looks at Eric, he nods in agreement.

Eric, Sunwoo, and I keep talking about random stuff, avoiding talking about Hayoon. I don't have to worry about her because I know that she doesn't hate me and the real reason why she rejected me, so I had nothing to ask Eric specifically. We talked about random stuff that I don't even remember honestly. Then Sangyeon called us for dinner.

During dinner, we ate quietly. We basically talked about everything during lunch and we were exhausted. After we were done eating, I went to wash up. While I was in the shower, I couldn't help but think of Hayoon. I don't know why she's always on my mind these days, but I really want to know how she's doing. It feels like I haven't talked to her in a while but I know that she needs her space.

Once I finished my shower, I brushed my teeth, did my skincare, and got ready for bed. Younghoon, Sunwoo, and I are roommates. Younghoon was waiting for his turn in the shower in our room and Sunwoo was just sitting on my bed. Sunwoo sleeps in the living room, but he comes into our room from time to time to hang out. He noticed I was staring off again like how I have been for the past week.

"Juyeon, are you excited or nervous for tomorrow?" Younghoon asks.

"I don't know how I feel. No matter what I still have to go. I just wish Hayoon would've been there." I blurt out. Younghoon and Sunwoo are silent and I sit up as I realize what I just said.

"Wait! Wait! No! What?? No!! I didn't mean that. I'm still butthurt the she rejected me but I... Ugh." I lay back down and they laugh at me.

"We knew it. I owe Eric $20 now." Sunwoo chuckles.

"Knew what? You don't know anything." I scoff, Sunwoo and Younghoon laugh together again.

"You like Hayoon." Sunwoo says, I sit up again and shake my head. Him and Younghoon start laughing again.

"You two are out of your minds. Jacob is out of the shower, go already." I say, pushing both of them out of my room.

"Juyeon, I don't have to shower." Sunwoo said but I still pushed him out.

I can't tell if I'm excited or nervous for tomorrow. I've been to exciting and fun parties but I've never really been to anything so formal like this. Everybody will be dressed up with masks, looking so elegant and classy, I don't know how I'll fit in. My parents will definitely leave me alone the whole night, hoping I will socialize on my own. I don't even know the name of these people, yet I'm still going. The things I do for my parents.

I was staring off for so long that I felt sleepy. I didn't realize that I was already asleep.

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢

My alarm woke me up at 8am and I instantly got up because I knew what day it was. I guess this whole time I was excited. It's not new for me to dress up but it's new for me to be in an environment surrounded by rich people. That's why I'm nervous. I hope I can find somebody my age over there.

Younghoon wakes up to my alarms sometimes but he just goes back to sleep because he knows what day it is too. Since Eric and Sunwoo want to go with me to buy cologne, I went to wake them up. I woke up Sunwoo first because he's in the living room and he woke up instantly. We went to wake up Eric by basically dragging him out of bed.

We cleaned up, changed, and headed out of the dorm. It was still pretty early, so we went to get breakfast first because both of them were half asleep and I was super energetic. I found a café online that we could go to that was near the shopping area where my dad and I went to last time.

I ordered the drinks and the food while Eric and Sunwoo sat down and tried to wake themselves up. Once I got the food and brought it to them, they immediately became wide awake. We ate quietly and left quickly. A lot of the department stores were open, so we checked a couple for cologne.

At the moment, I don't have my own cologne that I own because I just use whatever Younghoon or Eric uses — I don't even know the names of them but they smell good. Eric and Sunwoo were giving me some suggestions, but I didn't know what I was looking for specifically.

"Juyeon, this is something that Hayoon would like her boyfriend to wear." Eric jokes, handing me a Calvin Klein cologne. I smelled it and it was actually really good.

"Get the box." I say, walking to get in line at the cash register. Eric and Sunwoo come up to me and Eric hands me the box. I looked at the name and it's called "Euphoria", and all of a sudden I hear Jungkook's song "Euphoria" play in my head.

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘮𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩
𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘴"

The first person who comes into my mind when I hear these lyrics are Hayoon. Ever since I met her, my life has gotten brighter. Even though we weren't close, I have to admit that her smile is contagious. She's like sunlight. I don't even know how I feel about her at this point. She doesn't know me, and I barely know her.

"Next in line." The cashier calls.