♥︎ Chapter Thirty-Five

𝐡𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐨𝐧

𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

I was starting to get worried because I'm supposed to get released from the hospital in a couple more days, and Juyeon hasn't visited me since I first got hospitalized. To be fair, I didn't tell him to, but it's odd because even when we were forbidden to see each other and I was in the hospital, he still came. I started getting a nervous ache in my stomach and I was sweating really bad. I called my nurse for some water and she came immediately.

"Are people allowed to visit me?" I ask before she leaves, she nods.

"Of course." She says, I nod and she bows and leaves.

Now I was getting more and more worried. Juyeon would visit me, wouldn't he? I've been hospitalized quite a lot since our relationship and every single time he's come to visit me. My heart started to pound and I was losing focus. I tired to distract myself by watching TV, but all I could think about was Juyeon.

Suddenly, my parents come into my room. To be honest, I haven't talked to them since I first dyed my hair blonde, and that was a while ago. I just stared at them as they entered my room and sat on both sides of me. My mom was on my left and my dad was on my right. I didn't know who to look at and I didn't want to talk to them at all, so I just closed my eyes and pretended I was going to sleep.

"Hayoon." I hear my mom's voice. In my 21 years of living, I've never ignored my parents. Especially my mom because she's scarier than my dad and she gets mad really easily.

"Just listen to me at least." My mom's voice starts to get louder and I can tell my dad signaled her to calm down because she let out a heavy sigh afterwards.

"Sweetheart, you can't see Juyeon anymore. You may think that he's great and perfect, but he could
be using you for your money-" My mom starts off and I'm already heated.

"How could you say that about him? You don't even know him yet you're judging him by his social class? What are we... in a drama? Nobody in my company except for Juyeon knows about my wealth-" I sit up and open my eyes, interrupting my mom.

"You see that? Only Juyeon knows, that's why he's dating you. He didn't date you before he knew about your wealth." My mom interrupts me this time, I scoff and close my eyes again, laying back down.

"You and Juyeon are completely different people. You're more educated and have better manners, Juyeon... he's just not as good as you. Hayoon, you could've been a lawyer if you didn't want to become an idol." My mom starts, I dig my nails into my
palms, trying to hide my frustration from my parents.

"Your views of money are different. You can spend and spend while he has to limit himself. Your interests and values are also way different. You'd rather eat at a candlelit and formal restaurant, while Juyeon would prefer being in his practice clothes at a barbecue or fast food restaurant." My mom laughs, I start to dig my nails deeper into my palms, definitely leaving a mark.

"Do you even know what social class Juyeon is in?" I ask, my eyes still closed.

"Of course. He's middle class. Remember? We're friends with his parents." My mom responds.

Middle class and she doesn't approve of that? I thought that the only thing that matters is that he makes me happy, does she not care about my happiness. And she's friends with his parents and she still doesn't approve?

"So you like his parents but you don't like Juyeon?" I ask, keeping my eyes closed.

"That's a good point. Honey, we should at least give the boy a chance-" My dad tries to say but my mom cuts him off.

"From today on, I've sent bodyguards and spies to keep you and Juyeon separated. You two are no longer allowed to date, so now more kissing and hugging anyone until you find someone in the same class as you. I love you, Hayoon. We'll be leaving now." My mom says, coming closer and kissing my forehead. I can tell my mom already left the room but my dad hasn't. I opened my eyes and see that he's holding my hand tightly as well.

"You're a beautiful girl, Hayoon. I will always love you for you." He says, I smile as he places a kiss on my forehead, leaving my room with a smile.

I sit up from my bed and try to call Juyeon. I check the time and see that they should be having a break by now so I immediately call him. It goes straight to voicemail so I gave up and called Eric. This time he answered.

"Hayoon!! I heard you're in the hospital again. Are you okay? What happened this time?" He asks, I smile at how cute he is.

"I'm okay, Eric. I just got poisoned that all... I know it sounds bad, but it's a long story. Anyways... is Juyeon around? I really need to talk to him." I asked.

"Uhhh... sorry Hayoon, but he left the room the second I said your name. Did you two have a fight or something? He's really out of it." Eric says, my heart starts to crack.

"It's a long story, Eric. Hopefully one day I'll tell you it." I say, Eric hums in response.

We say our goodbyes and hang up. I put my phone away and lay back down in my bed, closing my eyes and hoping that Juyeon will appear suddenly like he always does. My heart and head start to hurt as I picture my parents' hired guards dragging Juyeon away from me. I clench my heart and tears start to fall from my eyes. Is it better if Juyeon and I just don't see each other at all? Does this mean that Juyeon and I were never meant to be? Should I give up on Juyeon? What about our promise?