♥︎ Chapter Forty

𝐣𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐧

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢

Today is the day I'm finally seeing Hayoon again. It's been six long and awful months without her, and I can't believe I got through it. I wouldn't be seeing her without her dad and her cousin, so I'm going to make sure that I take good care of Hayoon and model for Hyunji's couples collection. It was already the afternoon and the event starts at 6:30pm. I was ready, I had my suit and everything ready for tonight. I only told Eric that I'm seeing her tonight and he was excited for me. He helped me pick out a good suit and cologne for the event. He even told me how to approach her after not seeing her for a long time.

I was at the dorm since we had an off-day today. Eric and I were sitting in the living room, eating lunch and watching a drama on Netflix. It was a love story between a rich CEO and a D-list actress, Eric thought that the drama was similar to Hayoon and I's story. The whole time, I couldn't stop thinking about Hayoon. I was excited to see how she's going to do her hair and what she's going to wear. I was also so happy that her dad and grandparents approve of me. To be honest, I had a feeling her dad wanted to get to know me more but he was being controlled by her mom. I'm forever grateful and I will make sure to take care of her really well.

"When you catch up with Hayoon, tell her about me okay? She hasn't called me since the first month you two were separated. Tell her that I was suffering without her!" Eric says with food in his mouth, I roll my eyes and pay attention to the TV.

"Sure, I'll tell her about you." I say sarcastically and Eric whines, hitting me and begging me to tell Hayoon about him.

After we finished eating, we just spent the rest of the remaining time talking on the couch with the drama playing in the background. Eric was letting me practice how I'm going to approach Hayoon on him. He knows Hayoon like the back of his hand so he acted exactly like her. He even avoided eye contact with me like she did before we started dating.

"Hey." I say, Eric looks at me and looks away.

"Hi.." He says with a high-pitched voice, pretending to tuck hair behind his ear.

"Hey, when did she ever do that." I laugh and push Eric, he's already on the floor laughing.

"I'm sorry. I've wanted to do that for so long. She's so shy it's funny sometimes." Eric laughs and I roll my eyes, picking him up from the floor.

"Just stop practicing Juyeon. Approach her nicely like I told you and try to let her do all the talking. You got this." Eric says, I nod and we sit back on the couch.

𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

It's already 5pm and I'm starting to get really nervous. At first I was excited because I was going to see Hayoon again after half a year of being separated, but now I'm scared because she might run away from me. There's no way she would, right? She probably missed me just as much I missed her. Maybe she's going to look away and doubt that I'm actually there, but when I approach she'll stay still and not look at me. Eric told me to let Hayoon do all the talking, but it might just be awkward silence if I don't say anything and wait for her to talk.

Hyunji got a hold of my phone number and texted me a couple of minutes ago telling me that Hayoon is going to be at the event at exactly 6pm so I should arrive around the same time as her. I sat up from the couch and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I made sure not to take too long like Eric because I know if I take a long shower, I'll lose track of time. After my shower, I blow dried my hair and styled it the way Hayoon likes it: nice but a little messy.

I changed into my suit and realized that I don't have a tie, so I started to panic. I tried to look frantically through my clothes and accessories but I found find anything. When I attend award shows and all that, my stylists are the ones to give me my suits and ties and stuff. I try to find the bow tie that I wore at Hayoon's mom's birthday ball, but I think I lost it somehow. Trying to keep myself calm, I just decide to not wear one since I'm already running low on time. It's already 5:25 and the event is 25 minutes away from the dorm.

Hayoon's dad arranged Mr. Park to come pick me up at 5:30 so I put on my deodorant, cologne, and shoes, grabbed my phone and something else, and left the dorm after saying bye to Eric and Sangyeon. I ran to the front of the building and see Mr. Park's car waiting for me. I enter the car and he greets me politely. We start driving and I start to calm down a little bit since I was rushing.

"Mr. Lee." Mr. Park says, I look up from my phone and look at him through the rear view mirror.

"I'm sorry." He says and I start to get nervous. What is he apologizing for? Is this all a setup? No... it can't be.

"I told Mrs. Won about your relationship with Hayoon. I'm very sorry. You two trusted me most and I betrayed that trust. I hope you can forgive since Hayoon already did a long time ago. I apologize and I was wrong." Mr. Park says while we're stuck in traffic.

"Oh... don't worry about that. It's okay. I mean, you're driving me to see her right now right? I forgive you." I smile and he nods at me through the mirror.

"That's a relief. After tonight, I hope you two rely on me to bring you anywhere you want." He says, I nod and smile. Wow, even Mr. Park likes me now.

Due to the traffic, we arrived at the event at 6:15, but it wasn't much of a problem because at least I know Hayoon is already there. Hyunji texted me at 6:10 asking me where I was and showing me what the venue looks like because she was afraid that I went to the wrong one. I enter the room and everyone is either looking around at the jewelry or talking to each other. I spot Hayoon in a second and walk towards her.