♥︎ Chapter Six

𝐣𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐧

We were all in the living room, watching a movie and eating. I was pretty much done eating since I already ate a couple hours ago with my dad, but everyone else was still eating. The movie was good, but I couldn't keep my mind off of Hayoon and what Eric told me about her.

"𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒊𝒓𝒅. 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒇𝒇. 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒖𝒑 𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔𝒔. 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔 𝒖𝒑 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕... 𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒉, 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒕. 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔 𝒖𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒐 𝒕𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆."

Why would she reject me if she loves formals, elegant balls, and dressing up? She said she would never pass up the opportunity to go to one, then why did she reject me? My mind was filled with these thoughts. Does she hate me? What did I do to make her hate me? I didn't realize how deep in thought I was in.

There's something different about Hayoon. I have a feeling that Hayoon has a different side to her. She's calm and reserved, but on stage she's graceful and confident. But there has to be something else. Maybe at her dorm, she's angry and maybe a little sassy? I don't know why I'm so interested in her life, but I just am.

When the movie was finally over, I went straight back to my room. I needed to lay down and think to myself for a bit. Of course, Eric follows me. I lay down and he sits on the end on my bed. He's smiling at me and I'm just staring into space.

"Juyeon, you've had the same look since we watched the movie. Why have you been in your thoughts so much lately?" Eric asks.

"Are you thinking about Hayoon?" Eric adds on, I sit up and put my hands over my eyes. I sigh loudly.

"Talk to me, Juyeon. What's on your mind?" Eric asks, I shake my head.

"It's not what you're thinking." I say, taking my hands off of my face. He give me a weird look.

"What? You're telling me that you're NOT thinking about Hayoon." Eric chuckles, I roll my eyes.

"Just admit it. You might not have a full on crush on her, but don't you admit that you're at least interested?" Eric asks, I hesitate for a second.

When I met Hayoon, she was still so young and I got to see her grow up into who she is today. Everyone sees her as an innocent, beautiful, and elegant vocal and dancer, but whenever I see her, she's so quiet and she doesn't make eye contact with me. She's probably shy and is waiting to open up to me. But the thing is, does she even want to get close to me?

"I just don't understand why she rejected me when she loves going to those things." I say, Eric nods.

"Juyeon, Hayoon is extremely shy and reserved. You have to be careful approaching her because she's been hurt pretty bad before when it comes to friends. Because of that, she doesn't want to be close to just anyone, you have to get to know her for her. You hug her and compliment her and ask her to a ball? You're giving her anxiety." Eric explains, my heart drops. Did I give her a hard time? That's why she hates me! Oh no, what did I do?

"I get that you see the Hayoon on stage, but she's not as confident as you think she is. She doesn't talk about her personal life like what her parents do or what she did before she was an idol. It's all a mystery. All we know is that she went to Hanlim, she has no siblings, and she's from Seoul." Eric says, I nod. I put my hands over my face again because I feel terrible. Why did I put her in the situation? I shouldn't have done that. Oh no.

"What do I do now? She probably hates me right?" I ask, frustrated.

"If you make her uncomfortable or upset, the best thing to do is leave her alone for a while. That way, she'll have some time for herself and she can sort it out by herself and with the help of her friends and members. She's really sensitive too, you have to remember that." Eric describes, I nod.

"If you wanna get close to her, don't lose hope. She doesn't stay mad at people for a long time, she will be upset but then she will just take some time for herself and be done with it. She was extremely shy and quiet with Sangyeon and I, but then she began to be all crazy and loud." Eric says.

After Eric stopped talking, I felt terrible. I really should've known better. She never hugged me back, made eye contact with me, or even said more than five words to me. It was so obvious yet I ignored it and kept going. Hopefully Eric is right about how she doesn't stay mad for too long. I think the best thing to do now is to ignore her for a bit and let her sort things out on her own.

"I can't apologize?" I ask, Eric shakes his head.

"She's gonna feel pressure." He responds.

So it's true. Hayoon is a mystery. Nobody knows about her family background. How can that be? I need to lay off because maybe it's a trauma for her and she'll only tell those who she absolutely trusts. I need to mind my own business. There's just something about Hayoon that makes me want to get to know her better just to know what it is.

"She's a mystery." I say, Eric agrees.

"But she's an amazing person. You may have screwed up, but I doubt she's gonna hate you for the rest of her life." Eric says, I nod.