♥︎ Chapter Thirty-Seven

𝐣𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐧

𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

It's been two months since Hayoon and I have been separated and I've felt nothing but pain. I've cried and cried countless times since I didn't even get a proper goodbye. I wanted to see her face one last time before I can't see her at all. She's probably going to be on a hiatus for a long time, so I probably won't be able to see her at the company building either. She hasn't talked to Sangyeon or Eric and her members still think that her hiatus is my fault so they ignore me every time I try to talk to them. I just want to know how she's doing, but there's nobody I can ask. Sangyeon and Eric said they've tried to reach her many times, but she ignored them too.

Eric and I were walking in the hallway when suddenly Mikyung came up to us. She stopped up in the middle of the hallway and said nothing. Eric and I looked at each other in silence and confusion as she looks down and starts to cry. We take another glance at each other before bending down to her level and patting her back. Mikyung is really young and she's been attached to Hayoon like gum during their trainee days. She must be having an even harder time than me.

"Mikyung... are you okay?" Eric asks first, she wipes her tears and looks up at us.

"I'm... I'm so sorry." She bows towards me, my eyes widen in confusion. Why is she apologizing to me? Did something happen to Hayoon?

"For what? Are you okay?" I try to ask but she gets up and shakes her head.

"I blamed you for Hayoon's hiatus without knowing the full story. I didn't know that she was diagnosed with anxiety recently, I'm sorry." She bows one more time and I just stand there. How'd she find out? More and more questions whirl through my mind but I don't dare to ask since she's crying really badly right now.

"It's okay." I say and she gets back up.

"Hayoon is back in the dorm and ... she seems fine actually. She hasn't cried yet and she just seems like her normal self. I heard you guys broke up though, so that's why I wanted to update you because you're probably worried sick about her." Mikyung pulls out a tissue and wipes her tears and she updates me on Hayoon. My heart cracks, did I hear that right? Hayoon is doing fine without me?

"She didn't cry?" I ask, Mikyung nods.

"Did you two have a bad breakup or something? I thought she would be crying and crying for days, but I haven't seen her shed a single tear." She says, I feel my heart crack and my chest starts to pound.

"I see.. thanks for the update." I say, she nods. Eric and I awkwardly say goodbye to her as we go to our practice rooms.

Once we're in the practice room, Eric pulls me into the corner. We sink to the ground and I stare blankly at the mirror. Eric is trying to tell me something, but my mind can't get off of Hayoon. I trust what Mikyung said because she lives with her and she visited her everyday while she was in the hospital. But I just can't believe it, she doesn't miss me at all? I know our time together was short, but she went through so much together — all the crying, resenting, and fighting for each other — she doesn't miss me one bit? I shouldn't think this way though, she's probably just hiding everything behind her smile. Knowing Hayoon, she doesn't want to worry people around her and she suffers alone. I know my girl, that's definitely it.

"Juyeon." Eric calls me, I snap out of my thoughts and run my fingers through my hair.

"Were you listening?" He asks, I shake my head and he sighs.

"I'm sorry... what was it?" I ask, he rolls his eyes and sits next to me.

"Are you giving up on Hayoon?" The second Eric asks that question, I feel my stomach twisting and my chest pounding.

This is the same feeling I've gotten every time I'm away from Hayoon. Call me crazy or weird, but I truly don't think I can be apart from her any longer. Her parents may think that separating us will make me lose feelings for her, but in reality, our time apart will just make me love her even more. I just wish I knew what she's thinking and I want to know how she is. I could ask Yeonjun, but I don't want to bother him and he's probably busy. I don't wanna ask the Primrose members or Sangyeon or Eric because you never know if the spies are listening in or not. The only thing I have left to do is wait for the day where I can finally see her again. Whether it be days, weeks, months, or years, I will always love Hayoon. No matter how far apart we are.

Coming back to Eric's question, the answer is obviously no. I can't and won't give up on Hayoon. People might think that I should give up on her and focus on my career or find someone else, but I know that she's thinking about me still and I don't want to give up on the love we have for each other. She's my motivation to get up in the morning, go to practice, do my best on stage, basically everything. If I lost her in my life, I really don't know what I'd do. Maybe I'd go completely insane, who knows. I turn to Eric and smile at him, letting out a small chuckle. Eric stares at me with a concerned look on his face.

"So?" He frowns, I turn my head to face forward again and lean my head against the wall, still smiling.

"Of course not, why would I?" I respond.