♥︎ Chapter Twenty-Four

𝐡𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐨𝐧

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢

I took another off day, saying that my mom fell sick and I needed to be with my parents for another day. I marched over to their company building wearing sweatpants, a hoodie, sneakers, and my hair tied up in a messy bun. My hair was still blonde so that was perfect for my parents to see.

Everyone greeted me at the door and told me that my parents are in their office together. I went to their office and found both of them on their computers. They looked up at me when I entered the room. The first thing they noticed was how I was dressed.

"Won Hayoon! Why are you dressed like that?" My mom snaps at me, standing up and slamming her hand on the desk. Wow, she tried to sound intimidating by saying my full name.

"Sweetheart... your hair. You ruined it again!" My dad said. He was angry, but he didn't get up from his seat like my mom did.

"What did you do to Juyeon? Why did he break up with me and why isn't he talking to me anymore?" I yell at them, my dad stands up this time too.

"Won Hayoon! You do not raise your voice at us! We are your parents! You must respect us!" My dad says, angrily. I laughed at them, but they didn't find it funny. They were still standing up with a stupid, angry expression on their face.

"I will stop yelling once you tell me what you did to Juyeon!" I yell again, my mom slams her computer closed and comes up to me.

"Do you realize what influence Juyeon has on you? Look at the way you're dressed. You look terrible." My mom says, pointing at my clothes.

"We told him to break up with you and stay away from you for the rest of his life. We can't have bums dating our daughter." My dad says, smiling at my mom and she smiles back. Oh the things I'd do if they weren't my parents or adults.

"From yesterday and onwards, Juyeon is not aloud to talk to you, touch you, or make eye contact with you. You are no longer his girlfriend and he is no longer your boyfriend." My dad continues.

"We're just looking out for you, sweetheart." My mom says calmly, putting her hands on my shoulders. I start crying as I remove her hands from me.

"Looking out for me? What have you done to do that? Ruin my chances of being happy? Threatening the man that I love to stay away from me? How is this helping me? You're making everything worse. If this is your way of looking out for me, I don't want to be your daughter anymore." I snap at them, meaning every single word I said.

"Won Hayoon, you do NOT mean that." My dad says, coming up to my mom and I. I wipe my tears and back away from them.

"Oh yeah?" I say, they come closer to me. It's true, I didn't mean it. At the end of the day, they're still my parents and I love them so much.

"I... I can't take this anymore!" I yell and run out of the room.

"Hayoon!" My parents chase after me.

I was faster than they were. My mom was wearing heels and my dad gets tired easily. I was already out of the building by the time they were at the end of the staircase. I was running like I was being chased by somebody. I was running like my life depended on it, like my rent was due. I kept looking behind me to see if they were still after me, but I was so far away from the building that they were nowhere to be seen. Even though I was already far, I kept running and running and running.

I looked up on my phone where to get to the dorm from here since I can't bare to go to the Cre.Ker building and look Juyeon in the eyes. I was 30 minutes away, but I realized that I was near the café that I was at yesterday. I went inside and saw Yeonjun at the counter again, but I decided to ignore him and just sit down.

"Yoon!" Yeonjun says, looking at me walk by him. I overheard him ordering another latte and a muffin. Once he's paid, he sits down next to me.

"Your blond hair looks even more beautiful in person. Why are you here?" He asks, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I'll explain to you later. I need time alone right now." I say, he nods, taking his hand off of my shoulder and getting his drink and food.

"Here." He says, handing me a strawberry latte and chocolate chip muffin, my exact order from yesterday. I smile and thank him.

"I have to go but before I go, I want to tell you something." Yeonjun stands up and starts.

"I can tell you're not feeling the best right now,
and I have no idea what you're going though. But I want to let you know that everything will be okay and you will be okay. I'm always here for you. I will always protect you. Call or text me whenever you need me. See you, Yoon." Yeonjun pats my head one last time before leaving.

Will everything be okay? I never imagined this day coming.

Me getting angry at my parents.

My parents being extreme and forcing my boyfriend to break up with me because he's not from the same social class.

Me running away from my family.

Me raising my voice at them.

And Juyeon breaking up with me.

How do I live on without him? Is there chance that I can get him back and make him mine again? My heart started to hurt again.

I finished my latte and muffin and went on a long walk back to my dorm. It was already 11am and it was going to be their lunch time in an hour. I don't want to visit them, I don't even want to practice anymore.

I walk slowly, following the directions on my phone. Can I run away from everything? I don't want to do this anymore. I can't be apart from Juyeon, it's physically and mentally impossible for me.

Why did my life turn out like this? For one moment, Juyeon was my boyfriend, making me the happiest I've ever been. Then my parents come in and ruin everything. I was so happy, it was probably the happiest I've ever been. With Juyeon, I found my true self. I found a new side of me. He brought out a side of me that I had been hiding from everybody since I became a trainee. In our short time of dating, he still gave me the best memories.

I turned off the directions. I don't want to go home. I kept walking and walking, I didn't care if anybody saw me.

A couple more hours pass and I was getting many calls from all of my members. It was member after member. First Yeona, then Jangmi, then Calista, then Hyojoo, and then Mikyung. I just let them ring. They were all at home and I was still outside, walking farther and farther away from my dorm. It was nighttime and it started to rain, just perfect right? I just let my feet take control of me.

Juyeon, the man who I have loved since I first met him, the man who loved me for me, the man who let me be myself, the man who was always there for me even when I wasn't there for him, the man who gave me the best memories. He's now a memory. He's never gonna come back. He doesn't like me anymore. My tears started to fall, I lost myself.

I was walking across the street, cars honking and honking at me but I kept going. They were yelling at me to get off the road and use the crosswalk but I shut them out completely. I stopped in the middle and a car was about to hit me.

Then let it hit me, I thought.

Suddenly I fell the ground. I was on the sidewalk again, but someone's arms were around me.

"Yeonjun..." I say, his arms are still around me and he's holding me tightly, looking at my face. Everybody around us is staring but they keep walking.

"Hayoon... what-" I cut him off by hugging him tightly, letting my tears fall. He places an umbrella over us and he lifts me to my feet.

"Come back to the BigHit building with me. I will get one of my managers to send you home." He says, helping me walk back to the building.

"Wait." I stop him, he looks at me.

"Why did you save me?" I ask, he laughs and pats my head gently.

"Didn't I tell you? I will always protect you, Hayoon."