♥︎ Chapter Eight

𝐣𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐧

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢

I had practice today and the ball is tomorrow. I should be focusing on practice first then the ball, but none of that was on my mind. The only think I can think about is Hayoon. I need to apologize to her because I feel really bad for upsetting her, but Eric told me not to. Should I listen to Eric? After all, out of all of the members, Eric is the closest to Hayoon.

"Juyeon! What are you thinking about? What's more important than getting this right? Snap out of your thoughts, the only important thing right now is this dance! Now focus!" Our choreographer snaps at me, I instantly snap out of my thoughts.

"I'm sorry." I bow at him and he rolls his eyes, telling us to return to what we were doing.

A few hours pass and we're all out of breath and sweating heavily. It wasn't the end of practice yet, if anything, it was just getting started. Now we're gonna take our lunch break. Jacob and Kevin went to go get the food and Eric and I were taking a walk together.

"What's with you, Juyeon? I'm worried about you. Usually you're our choreographer's favorite and he's always complimenting you, but he yelled at you today. You were totally spacing out like how you've been for the whole week." Eric says, I shrug my shoulders. I can't lie to him anymore, I'll just tell him the truth.

"I'm thinking about Hayoon." I say, Eric stops in the middle of walking.

"I... KNEW IT!" Eric jumps up, happily.

"I want to apologize to her but I know that she's upset." I sigh, Eric's mood goes down.

"I can talk to her if you want. I think their lunchtime is right now." Eric says, trying to calm me down.

"If you can try, that'd be great." I reply, Eric instantly knocks on Primrose's practice room door. He tells me to leave and I go back slowly, waiting to see if someone opens the door. Once I heard that someone open the door, I walked at a normal pace.

Now that we're on a break, I can focus more on the ball. The only things on my mind are about how I'm gonna look and who's going to be there. Apparently, these people are very sophisticated and so are everybody else, so I need to have good manners and look the part. I'm still confused as to why Hayoon rejected me when I asked her to go to the ball. I'm starting to think it's actually me. I don't want her to hold a grudge against me, so I need to apologize asap.

I went back into the practice room and the food wasn't here yet so I just sat down in the corner on my phone. Everyone else was either in the bathroom, the practice room, or somewhere else. I opened Twitter and I saw that Hayoon and Mikyung were trending, it's probably because of their live they did yesterday. Suddenly Sangyeon came up to me and sat next to me.

"What's on your mind?" He asks, handing me a water bottle.

"Nothing." I say, quickly, turning off my phone.

"You've been spacing out like this since yesterday. I'm worried about you. You know you can talk to me. Is it Hayoon?" He asks, I sigh and put my face in my hands.

"So it is, haha. I could tell. She hasn't been herself lately either." Sangyeon says, I quickly turn my head towards him.

"What? What did you just say?" I ask with my eyes widened, he nods his head.

"When Hayoon is with either me, Eric, or her members, she's really happy and she doesn't stop talking. However, lately, I noticed that she's not as energetic as she usually is. I asked Yeona about it and she said that she also noticed that Hayoon isn't herself. I'm worried about the both of you." Sangyeon says, I feel my heart ache. I really did upset her, didn't I? I feel awful, my stomach starts to hurt.

"Sangyeon, I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be back." I say, Sangyeon nods and I ran to the bathroom.

I feel sick. Why would I do that? Not only is Hayoon sensitive and cautious about who she befriends, she's extremely shy and needs to be approached slowly. I had no idea and I just did what I wanted to do. I feel terrible. When I got to the bathroom, I just stood there and looked at myself in the mirror. Why would I do that to her? I messed up, and I messed up bad. She will never forgive me for this and I'm never gonna have a chance to apologize. Eric enters the bathroom quickly.

"Juyeon! Are you alright? Sangyeon told me that you didn't look well and went to the bathroom." Eric comes up to me and pats my back.

"I'm fine, but did you talk to Hayoon?" I ask, he nods.

"Hayoon said that she's not upset, but has a lot of stuff going on with her family. That's the only thing on her mind right now. She rejected you because it's not that she didn't want to, it's just that she wanted to spend the weekend with her parents. She wants to apologize to you if anything." Eric says, I lift my head up and smile.

"Really? Should I go to her now?" I ask, almost running out.

"Juyeon, we have to eat. Let's eat first, finish practice, and then you can talk to Hayoon." Eric stops me and laughs, leading me back to the practice room.

When we enter the practice room, everybody is already sitting on the floor and eating. Eric and I join them shortly. We're super talkative when we're eating so we discussed our future plans like what to expect for "Kingdom" and who we think will be on the show.

"I saw a rumor that Seventeen will be on the show... We lost already. Their synchronization is crazy, especially with that many members. Wow..." Q says, everyone agrees

"I saw Stray Kids and TXT. Like I'm excited for Stray Kids but I'm a little nervous for TXT since they're all tall and intimidating, but after all, it's all rumors." Eric says.

I wasn't paying attention to what they were talking about. I couldn't keep my mind off of her. Wait.. does my heart recognize her?