♥︎ Chapter Twenty-Six

𝐡𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐨𝐧

𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

"Sweetheart, your nurse told me you haven't eaten all day. Eat something, please." My mom is pleading on my right side while my dad is pleading on my left.

Lee Juyeon. Come back.

"Hayoon, please. You're going to get sick if you don't eat. You already twisted your left ankle and your arms and legs are scraped up. Please at least eat something if you're not going to talk to anyone." My dad says while holding my hand that's not holding his back.

If loving you means that I will hurt and suffer like this, then I'm glad that it's me and not you. Please come back to me.

"Mr. and Mrs. Won, your visiting time is over. It is time for Hayoon's next check up. Please come back tomorrow." My nurse comes in and tells my parents, they don't move an inch.

"No. She hasn't eaten yet and I will not leave until she eats." My mom stands up and faces the nurse, who smiles politely in her face and gestures them to leave the room.

I hate how we ended like this. I hate how my parents made you let us go like our happiness means nothing. I hate everything about my life right now. I wish I could just close my eyes and sleep forever. I didn't want to end like this. I didn't want to end at all.

"Mr. and Mrs. Won, I'm afraid that Hayoon may be showing symptoms of a mental illness. We ask that you leave the room immediately." The nurse says again, my parents hold my hands tightly one more time before leaving the room.

My happiness was you, Juyeon. Ever since my trainee days, ever since I met you, ever since you stepped foot into my life. You might not have noticed it, but you brought me so much joy just by being yourself. I would watch as you and Eric bicker about who's more handsome and who's a better dancer. I would watch how hard you practiced from morning to night. I watched you debut as the main dancer of The Boyz. I watched you become more and more handsome and mature from each comeback. I can't lose you just yet, I won't let it happen.

I wish I could convince my family that you're the only one that I want and you're the only one that I want to be with. Even if they try to set me up with some ignorant, rich guy, I will always love you. You are always going to be my clumsy, cute, charming, and handsome boy. I'm yours, you were mine.

"Hayoon, from your last checkup, I want to inform you that your doctor has concluded that you have been suffering from anxiety for a long time now." My nurse says but I block out her words with my own thoughts.

"You had an anxiety attack the night your friend with the blonde hair carried you here. And I'm afraid it hasn't gone away yet." The nurse continues.

I can't give up on you, Juyeon. I can experience this heart wrenching pain if it's for you. I can handle all of this pain if it's for you. I will do anything just to be with you again. Even if you don't glance at me like you did last time, all I want is to be by your side. I don't care how mad my parents get at me. They're not in control of my happiness and they never will be. Only I know what makes me happy, and it's you, Juyeon.

"Please eat, Hayoon. I apologize in advance but I will have to limit the amount of people who visit you. Your doctor will speak to you shortly." The nurse bows one last time before leaving the room.

I can't call out to you. I feel weak and I can't move anything. My heart is completely broken and I don't know if it's even beating. When will my heart be cured again? When will I be able to find somebody as good as you?

"Hello, Hayoon. How are you feeling today?" My doctor comes in and asks, I give no response, just staring into space.

"I see you're still not talking to anybody. I also see that you haven't eaten." My doctor sighs and takes my temperature.

"Your temperature is just fine. However, I'm sure that Nurse Ha has informed you about your long term anxiety. I will ask you more about it when you're willing to open up and talk to people. Please eat and get some rest. See you tomorrow, Hayoon." My doctor bows at me and I stay silent.

I look around the room and see that my legs and arms are all wrapped up. My left ankle has a brace on it, and I have an IV in my arm. I smiled, thinking about how I ended up like this. I wouldn't have ran away from my parents like that if they weren't so picky about who I date. The fact that they think how much money he has determines how well he's gonna treat me. Why can't they just accept Juyeon for who he is? They didn't even give him a chance and they made him break up with me like that.

Being in love isn't about who makes the most money or who pays the bills. Being in love means that you think about someone everyday and you want to be around them all the time. I don't care what social class Juyeon is in, he's always my boy and I'm gonna do anything to prove my parents that they're wrong about him. Juyeon makes me happier than any rich guy would ever make me. I don't care about what my parents think, I will get Juyeon back even if it means going against their words.

They may be my parents, but I'm old enough to make my own decisions now. That means I'm old enough to choose who I want to date and who I want to marry. Even if they don't approve, I don't care, I'm gonna make them like Juyeon.

this is so dramatic but i live for it

- j