Letter

2nd Person Point Of View:

The next morning you woke up with pain in your arm, completely forgetting the incident that had happened yesterday. You couldn't wait until the end of the week to finally take off the sling. You felt useless without both your arms, both Pansy and Daphne babied you making sure you didn't move your arm. They would constantly offer for them to reach for things you couldn't reach for or to pour a drink of water for you. They really cared for you, but it was annoying. They treated you like you were completely broken, you kept telling both of them to stop and relax you aren't dying, but they didn't listen. They hated seeing you in pain.

It took some time for you to get ready since you had to be extra cautious putting on your shirt and robe, but it wasn't as hard since Pansy and Daphne never left your side and always helped you. Pansy kept your bag and insisted on her holding it, she would not take no as an answer. As the three of you went into the Great Hall, Daphne made you some toast with jam and gave you pumpkin juice. "Thank you, both of you. Even though you both are quite annoying, I really appreciate what you guys are doing for me." You said to them and they smiled, "It's not like you wouldn't do this for us also." Daphne said. She was right, if one of them ever got hurt you would do anything you can to make them feel better. "I'm furious at Draco." Pansy said shaking you from your thoughts. "If he wasn't such a git, this would have never happened!" She continued while gesturing at your broken arm. "It's my fault I don't know why I went in front of him." You said taking a bite out of the toast. "Yeah why did you?" Daphne asked and you shrugged. You had to idea what got into your mind when you did that– maybe you didn't want to see Draco hurt? Who knew.

You walked into Potions as Pansy put your bag on the table. You thanked her as you sat down, waiting for the class to begin. Many students rushed to their seats before Snape got there. You heard the seat next to you move and looked up seeing Draco taking his assigned seat next to you. He gave you a weak smile and turned his attention to Snape who was talking about making a potion. "You and your partner will be making the potion, Draught of Peace. Gather all the ingredients, first team who has made the potion perfectly will get 10 points each for their house." You sighed sadly knowing you wouldn't be able to do much because of your arm.

"I can grab the ingredients?" You asked Draco. "No it's fine, you won't reach anyways I'll go, why don't you heat up the cauldron?" You nodded as you did what he told you to do. Moments later he came with all the ingredients. "Um I won't be able to do much, but I can try?" You insisted, but Draco chuckled. "It's fine Y/l/n, it's the least I can do since you did break your arm for me." "I didn't break my arm for you, I did it because if Buckbeak did anything to you, you'd probably have him killed."

He ignored your comment and continued the process of the potion. He put the unicorn horn, porcupine quills, and powdered moonstone into the cauldron. "Why don't you mix it until it's the right shade of purple." You did and you looked over the cauldron. "Hey Draco, I think it's almost there, I'm not sure, you want to look?" He looked over and saw it was done. "Brilliant Y/l/n, see you aren't that useless." He joked. You chuckled as Draco raised his hand and called Snape over to look at the potion. "Excellent Malfoy and Y/l/n 20 points to Slytherin!" Many groans could be heard across the room, most from Gryffindors. You smiled at the perfect potion. Even though you didn't do much, you still finished it. "Thank you by the way, for doing most of the work." You told Draco and he nodded. The both of you began to clean up the desk and after you began to put away your things.

Care of Magical Creatures was your next class, but you sadly could not join the activities. You sat on a log as students began to pet Buckbeak. You kept noticing Draco looking over, you knew he felt guilty. He walked over to you and sat next to you. "Draco I'm okay, I know you feel guilty, but I really am okay." You looked at him and met his eyes. "It's just I feel so bad, you can't enjoy things because of me!"

"I can enjoy things, Draco I've told you I'm okay, if I ever need help with anything...I'll let you know." You tried your best to make him feel better, but you didn't know what to say. This was the longest conversation you've ever had with him. "Alright Y/n, again I'm terribly sorry." He sighed. You laughed lightly as he used your first name. The both of you sat in silence, for once it wasn't awkward silence, just both of you feeling comfortable with each other– which you thought would never happen.

Class was finally dismissed as you walked next to Draco. Pansy met up with you, "Have you apologized to Y/n, Draco?" She raised an eyebrow. "Yes I have Pansy, she's forgiven me." He rolled his eyes and you entered the Great Hall for lunch. You got yourself a sandwich and some water and began to eat. Owls entered the hall and you desperately looked for your house owl. Seeing the familiar white owl, Screech, you smiled as it dropped a letter.

My dearest Y/n,

I heard the terrible news about your arm, how could you be so foolish? You should know better than to run up to a Hippogriff. I hope your arm heals quickly my dear, I'm sorry I wasn't there to make you feel better. Anyways, your dad and I are finally home and we will be home for the holidays as well. I know we have not been around much, but we will finally be together again. I hope you know how incredibly proud we both are of you. Please try and stay safe.

Love, Mother.

You smiled at the letter, it was rare to receive sincere letters from your parents, but it made you happy since you were finally going to be able to see them. Maybe you were right, maybe this year was going to be a happy year.