Detention

TW: Torture!

TW: Torture!

+

Word about Umbridge's inhumane ways to teach students their lesson was getting around quickly. Many people would come out of her office crying and with bloody arms or hands. Y/n hated Umbridge, a part of her wished she could get detention– to show her who she was truly messing with. But Y/n knew better than to get in trouble, especially with her father being around.

It was weird, as Y/n got more powerful– she wanted more power. Just like her father, she was power driven. And she hated to admit, a part of her was just like him. Draco had also taken notice of her changes. Y/n was slowly becoming more dark, all she ever wanted to do was learn new things about dark magic.

It was like a voice in her head was telling her to become more powerful than others. And that voice belonged to no other than, Voldemort. Since their many lessons, he figured out a way to get into her head and control her. He needed Y/n to have access to her greatness. If she couldn't become as powerful as him, she would not survive the war. Voldemort hated admitting he cared for her, he knew she was his greatest weakness. He believed if she was exactly like him, they could both rule over the wizarding world.

Y/n sat with Draco in potions class. "Have you finished the unicorn assignment?" Y/n asked him and Draco nodded. "It was very easy. Why do you need help?" He asked her as he leaned his elbow on the table, resting his head. "No, I thought maybe you'd need help." Y/n smirked making him chuckle. "Wow love, it's like you don't even know me. Me? Needing help?" He smiled at her making her laugh, "I forget you're almost as smart as me." Draco playfully rolled his eyes, "Acting cocky now, eh?" Before Y/n could reply Snape stormed into the room, like he usually did– but this time Professor Umbridge was behind him.

Both Draco and Y/n looked at each other with furrowed eyebrows. Why the bloody hell is she here for, Y/n thought to herself.

Nonetheless, Snape began his lesson. He began to talk about potions, but Umbridge cleared her throat making him stop and look over at her. "Is it true you applied to be the dark arts professor many times?" Snape looked like he didn't want to be there, "Yes." Umbridge replied, "And you were unsuccessful?" Snape looked up slightly annoyed, "Obviously."

Draco and Y/n whispered amongst themselves, "Do you think she's evaluating every teacher?" Y/n asked Draco and he nodded, "It's good though, some professors don't deserve to be here." Y/n chuckled at his remark and continued to listen to Snape and Umbridge.

Umbridge eventually left the room and Snape continued his lesson. A part of him seemed bothered, but who knows? Snape's emotionless face made it hard for anyone to know what he was truly feeling.

Y/n sat across Seamus Finnigan for Divination. After Trelawney's outburst, Y/n hated going into the classroom. "How are you feeling?" Seamus asked trying to start a conversation with his long-time class partner. "I'm alright, how are you Finnigan?" She asked him. His cheeks filled with a hint of red, something Seamus did when he was surprised. Probably surprised that Y/n decided to reply back to him or even decided to continue the conversation. "I'm great, uh have you started to feel better since...you know?" He referred to the altercation between Trelawney and her.