The Secret Meeting

Umbridge had implemented many rules around the school. It was hard for Draco and Y/n to spend time together with many rules about couples being apart. The most time they spent was in the common room with their friends.

Umbridge was changing Hogwarts, for the worst. Children couldn't even act like the children they were, it was horrid. Hogwarts felt like a prison instead of a home.

After Umbridge's check-ups with each professor, it was clear to her that Trelawney was not qualified for her job. The only solution was to fire her and Umbridge tried too.

Every student was looking at both Professors arguing in the middle of the castle. Trelawney begged for Umbridge to reconsider her decision, as she had been at Hogwarts for almost 2 decades. Umbridge wanted her thrown out of the castle, but Dumbledore came right on time.

He told Umbridge even if Trelawney was fired, she still had a home in Hogwarts. They gathered all her belongings again and brought her back into the castle.

There was talk about students forming a club to learn defensive spells. Since Umbridge was not teaching anyone, students had to teach themselves.

"Y/n! Hermione asked me to tell you if you'd like to come to Hogsmeade, for a meeting. I think I'm going, do you want to come?" Pansy asked her friend, but Y/n shook her head.

"I can't, Umbridge assigned me an essay after I got detention. What's the meeting about?" She asked curiously. Pansy sat down next to her on her bed, "It's a secret, but Harry is going to teach us DADA now. We have to be low key about it because of Umbridge's stupid rules." Y/n raised her eyebrows, "On second thought, maybe I'll go. Let me know when we leave." Pansy smiled widely, "Brilliant! The meeting is in one hour, I'll meet you in the common room!"

Y/n went back to writing her essay about why lying is never okay. She hated unnecessary assignments, especially ones that Umbridge assigned every now and then.

After writing for 40 minutes, she put her quill down. She got up grabbing a warm coat and walked down to the common room to meet Pansy. She looked around to find her, but her eyes met Draco's instead. He got up from the couch and over to her, "Where are you going?" Y/n knew she couldn't tell Draco about what Harry was planning. She knew how much Draco respected Umbridge, "Uh Pansy wants to go to Hogsmeade for some girl things. I'll be back in an hour. We can meet up after?" Draco nodded kissing her forehead, "Alright, be safe. I love you." He whispered in her ear, "I love you too." She smiled at him.

Pansy met up with Y/n. Both girls walked to Hogsmeade trying not to get caught by Umbridge. They met up with a dozen other people in the Hog's Head. Y/n's eyes met the trios. They all looked at her with smiles and she returned a small smile with an awkward wave.

Y/n's POV:

I did feel incredibly bad for avoiding them, but Pansy really wanted to go and she felt weird being the only Slytherin there. Apparently Hermione and her have gotten closer. They only talked once in a while, but for Pansy that was a huge step.

I'm happy for her, with everything going on about my father– she needed someone to keep her happy. I wish I could tell her everything, she was like a sister to me. But if I did tell her it would just put her in danger and I didn't want to see her hurt. It also pained me Draco was apart of all this. He had to follow in his parents footsteps, even if he might not believed in them.

Honestly I'm not quite sure if he believes in what the Dark Lord says, we both never had that conversation.

Hermione got up from her chair, "Um, hi." She greeted everyone, but no one responded. I looked around the room seeing Fred and George's back of their red heads, as well as Ginny's. Pansy and I were standing besides Luna and Cho. "So, we all know why we're here: we need a teacher, a proper teacher." Damn right.

"One who's had real experience defending themselves against the dark arts." Hermione continued, but was interrupted by some boy, "Why?" Was he being serious? Maybe because my father wants to take over?

Ron spoke up, "Why? Because you know who is back, you tosspot." The boy spoke again, "So he says." I rolled my eyes and looked at Harry who looked a bit angry. Hermione replied back to the boy, "So Dumbledore says." "So Dumbledore says because he says? The point is where is the proof?" The boy asked again. I really wanted to cast a silencio spell on him. Why would anyone lie about Voldemort being back? "Potter can tell us more about how Diggory got killed." Another boy suggested. I tensed up a little and looked at Cho, who also had the same reaction as me.

Harry got up from his seat, "I'm not going to talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here you might as well clear out now."

"Is it true you can produce a patronus charm?" Luna asked out of the blue. "Yes, I've seen it." Hermione answered for Harry. "Blimey Harry! I didn't know you could do that." Dean told him. "A-and he killed the basilisk! With a sword in Dumbledore's office." Neville added, telling everyone. Hermione and Ron both agreed and told us more about what Harry has done. It was amazing how much he has conquered in such a young age.

"And last year, he did really fight you know who." Hermione told us, but Harry interrupted her. "Wait, look. It all sounds great when you say it like that, but the truth is most of that was luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time. I nearly always had help." Hermione looked at us, "He's just being modest." Harry looked at her, "Hermione I'm not. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow, but out there– when you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes...you don't know what that's like." Everyone in the room stayed silent. No one knew what to say. Harry sat back down, accompanied by Hermione. "You're right Harry, we don't. That's why we need your help because if we're going to have any chance of beating Voldemort." "He's really back?" A small boy asked and Harry nodded.

"I think everybody should write their name down, just so we know who was here. But I also think, that we all ought to agree not to shout about what we're doing. So if you sign, you're agreeing not to tell Umbridge — or anybody else — what we're up to." Hermione told us.

Many people looked at each other, indecisively. Pansy looked over to me with a small smile, "Let's go and sign our names!" I shrugged as people began to form a line. Harry looked rather surprised so many people were trusting him to run a class, but he deserved it. He knew more than anyone in the room, well besides me. And if we did have a small chance of beating Voldemort is was going to be with him– the boy who lived.

Heading back to the common room, I met up with Draco. Who was eager to know why Pansy and I took so long. I knew I couldn't tell him about what Harry was planning and it hurt me deeply to lie to him, but it was for the best.

"We just went looking around, obviously in secret." I smiled at him and he nodded. I'm not even sure if he believed me, but he didn't ask anymore questions.

"Umbridge has created a group called the Inquisitorial Squad. She asked me to join, I said yes. You should join too." He told me. "What kind of group is it?" I asked him. "Basically to catch people breaking the rules and punish them, as they deserve." I mentally rolled my eyes. I knew I couldn't join their group because I was already in Harry's secret class. "I wish I could, but I have a lot of assignments. Sorry love." I lied giving him a small sympathetic smile. Draco shrugged not really caring, I knew all he wanted to do was punish those who were breaking rules. I never understood why he was so mean towards other people.

The rest of the night consisted of all of our friends hanging out in the common room. The boys mostly talked about the Inquisitorial Squad and how they were proud to be Umbridge's favorite. I didn't really listen much, I just kept thinking about the secret group and how we could manage without getting caught.