Jealousy

Spring break had come to an end. Y/N packed up her belongings and made her way into the family car to take her back to the train station. Y/N couldn't wait to see Pansy again, she couldn't wait to tell her about Draco.

Y/N and Draco had owled each other nonstop. She even decided to owl back Cedric, she told him she would love to get to know him better, as a friend. Cedric being the kind Hufflepuff he is, agreed to her terms.

Y/N had finally made up her mind, she wanted Draco. And she only hoped he wanted her too. Something about hanging out with Draco, made her life easier.

The car had finally stopped, the driver opened the door and she thanked him as she ran through the same platform she had for 3 years. She kept a straight face as she went onto the train, she wasn't mad she was just trying to look for her friends. She made her way to the back of the train and spotted Pansy and Draco. A smile crept on her face as she slid the door open.

"Hello!" She smiled at them. Pansy got up hugging her and Draco stayed sitting down, which she found a bit weird. He was comfortable holding her hand at Diagon Alley, but couldn't hug her– like he had before?

She frowned a little as she sat beside Pansy. "What were you guys talking about?" Y/N asked trying to lighten up the mood. "Nothing." Draco murmured. She furrowed her eyebrows, why was he acting so cold towards her? They were owling each other constantly a couple days ago? She sighed as she leaned her back into the seat, and looked outside the window.

The train ride was very awkward. They could practically cut the tension with a knife. Y/N was angry and disappointed. What could she have possibly done for him to act so cold? Y/N's eyes never left the window once, if Draco wanted to act like that, than so be it. She was going to act petty as well. 

The train had finally stopped, Y/N got up quickly grabbing her suitcase and pushed her shoulder against his as she left. She walked fast as she entered a carriage with random people. She had gotten the last seat and the carriage left towards Hogwarts. She turned around to see Draco, who was staring at her as the carriage left. She rolled her eyes and looked down at her feet.

Arriving at Hogwarts she sat at the end of the Slytherin table, alone. She watched as Pansy and Draco sat with her other friends. The fact that Pansy didn't sit with her, broke her heart. She was confused and angry, she had absolutely no idea what was going on.

Dumbledore began his speech, welcoming students back from break. After a couple minutes food appeared onto the table. She grabbed a pasty and ate it slowly, while looking around the room. Her eyes met with Cedric, who frowned at her when he saw she was alone. Y/N gave him a small smile. Cedric looked over at her friends, who were looked at her and talking.

Cedric was angry, he knew Y/N was a kind girl, why were her closest friends being like that? He got up from the Hufflepuff table, grabbed his plate and made his way towards Y/N. Her eyes widened as she saw him walking.

"Why is a girl like yourself, sitting alone?" Cedric asked as he sat across from her. She sighed, "I have no idea, I believe they're mad at me." Both Cedric and Y/N looked over at her Slytherin friends, who quickly looked away. She rolled her eyes, "It's a good thing you have me as a friend." Cedric smiled at her. Y/N laughed lightly and nodded, "I suppose you're right."

Draco looked at Cedric in disgust. Why is a Hufflepuff sitting at the Slytherin table, and worst of all why was he making Y/N laugh?

During his talk with Pansy in the train, she had told him Y/N owled Cedric back and asked to get to know him better. This made Draco mad and upset, maybe even jealous?

Pansy had no intention in ruining what Draco and Y/N had. Draco just wanted to be informed on what the girls were talking about over break. Pansy had promised him she would tell him everything. She didn't think he'd react like that.

Draco stared at both of them, constantly rolling his eyes and scoffing.

"Do you think he hates me?" Cedric asked Y/N, who moved his head slightly mentioning at Draco. Y/N looked at Draco, who did not stop staring. "I don't know, I have no idea what's going on with him." She finished the pasty and poured herself some pumpkin juice. "I'm going to head to the dungeons." Y/N told him, they both got up. "I'll walk you." He smiled at her and she nodded, returned the smile.

Draco watched as the both of them got up. He looked as they left the Great Hall. Without thinking he got up as well, following them slowly– trying not to make it obvious.

Draco looked at them, both laughing and smiling. Why is he making her laugh so much? He thought. They were about to reach the dungeons, he quickly hid himself from Cedric and Y/N. Once he saw Cedric leaving, he went into the dungeon as well.

He entered the common room, which was empty. He looked around for Y/N, but she wasn't there. He made his was up the stairs to her dorm room. He hesitated once he reached the door. Draco was about to knock on the door, but Y/N opened it. "What are you doing here?" She asked him. Draco stood there shocked, "I was coming to see you." He looked at his shoes. "Are you here to apologize for being an absolute git?"

Draco looked at the girl, confused and angry, "I'm being a git? You're the one flirting with other people!" He told her, he lightly pushed passed her to enter her room and closed the door. Y/N looked at him with a confused expression, "Who exactly am I flirting with?" She sat down on her bed.

Draco's mouth hung slightly, was she being for real? "Diggory! You've been flirting with him since break. Talking about how you want to get to know him better! And during the feast, he just sits with you like it's no big deal, and the both of you laughing." He scoffed and caught his breath. "You're flirting with him, right in front of me. How do you think that makes me feel?" Draco rolled his eyes and stood in front of Y/N.

Y/N scoffed, "How do you know I wanted to get to know him better? Did Pansy forget to mention, I told him I wanted to be friends? And yes we were laughing! Because all my friends were ignoring me, for merlin knows what!" She got up being at his level. "And we weren't flirting, he was being a good friend. Merlin Draco how can you be so clueless?"

Draco looked at her, both their eyes not breaking eye contact, for a second they both looked at each other's lips.

This is it. This is where I kiss her right? He thought to himself. Before he could make the first move Y/N leaned it, closing the space between them. Her lips against his, felt like a perfect puzzle piece. Draco placed his hand on her face, caressing her cheek. He felt her smile against his lips. Y/N pulled away looking at him, her cheeks flushed with color.

"I would never flirt with a guy, especially when I have eyes for someone else." She told him. Draco smiled slightly. How could he be so dumb? He got mad and jealous over nothing?

"I'm sorry Y/N, I just got so angry because I thought we had a lovely time at the Alley, and we both seemed so happy-"

"I did have a lovely time and I was happy." She reassures him. Draco let out a sigh in relief.

"C'mon lets go to the common room, I need to have a talk with Pansy." She playfully rolled her eyes.

The both of them walked downstairs, and sat on the couch. Talking about how hilarious it was to see him being so angry and jealous.