Tom Riddle

A/N: I know Tom Riddle is introduced in CoS, but like I said before, THIS STORY WON'T FOLLOW THE TIMELINE, so bare with me please! Also tysm for 19k reads i'm so shook 🙈

+

"You know you hold great power, don't you?" A boy with brown hair and honey brown eyes appeared out of nowhere. "Me?" Y/n asked. He came closer to Y/n, touching her face. "You look so much like her." He mumbled making Y/n furrow her eyebrows. "Her?" She stepped back a little. The boy was wearing an old Slytherin uniform with a 'head boy' pin. "Your mother." Y/n raised an eyebrow. "Y/m/n?" The boy scoffed rolling his eyes. "That's not your mother." Y/n looked at him in disbelief. "Who the hell are you?" The boy smirked, "Tom Marvolo Riddle." He stretched out his arm for Y/n to shake it. She hesitantly shook it, "Who's my mother?" Tom's eyes looked up to hers. "She was lovely, but such a pity she didn't realize I was incapable of love. But nonetheless she loved me." He walked across the room, Y/n's eyes following him. "She was a Slytherin too, great witch. If only she had survived to see you grow." Y/n's eyes widened, "She's dead?" Tom chuckled, "Of course she's dead, who do you think killed her?"

Y/n shot up from her bed, looking at the two other beds. Thankfully they were still asleep. Getting her black journal, she wrote down her dream. She looked back at the initials and her eyes widened, This is his, she thought to herself. "Merlin, this is Tom's journal." She whispered.

She looked at the clock on the wall, it was still too early for classes. She got up putting her journal under her pillow and went into the bathroom to shower, the same routine she did. Could Tom be telling the truth, is my mother actually not my mom? She thought to herself. She shook her head as she continued to shower, No it was just a stupid dream.

After showering she changed into her uniform, letting her hair dry by itself. She grabbed her bag, putting the journal and her book inside, walking down to the common room.

She loved when the common room was empty, it looked so beautiful without many students inside of it. Y/n sighed realizing it was Monday and she was going to have to encounter her friends again. She hated acting so cold and distant, but it was for the best. She didn't appreciate all the bad talk they were getting.

She walked out of the dungeon and into the courtyard, it was very cold in the morning and she didn't realize until the hot air was seen coming out of her mouth. She sat on a bench and looked around, noticing how empty it was. Oh how she wished it was like that more often.

Y/n knew she had to find out more about Tom and who he was, but how? It was unlikely for Hogwarts to keep a book about old students, right? She thought about it, It wouldn't hurt to look in the library after dinner?

She took out her book again and began to read. "It's early Miss Y/l/n." She heard Snape's monotone voice. She looked up quickly closing her book and turning it around. Professor Snape's eyes quickly glanced at the book and back to her. "Sorry Professor I just woke up early and decided to read until it was time for breakfast." She looked up and Snape raised an eyebrow. "Very well, see you in class, don't be late." He said sternly and Y/n nodded. She watched as he disappeared into the corridors and began to read once more.

After reading about hexes and new potions, Y/n noticed students walking around. Time for breakfast, she thought. She grabbed her bag, putting the book away and walked into the Great Hall.

TRIGGER WARNING: Bullying! If you want to skip, read after the '+'

"What a freak." A Ravenclaw laughed with her friend as they passed Y/n. She rolled her eyes and continued walking, sitting at the end of the table.

Y/n poured herself cereal with milk and began to eat. She took out her book once more, reading it to distract herself from the constant staring and whispers about her.

A loud thump was heard across her, she looked up seeing the same two Ravenclaws. Sighing Y/n closed her book, "What do you guys want?" The girls looked at each other smirking, "Not so friendly anymore? Why cause your friends and boyfriend realized you were a fucking nobody?" The girl snickered. Y/n rolled her eyes, "Don't you guys have anything better to do?" Y/n tried to get up, but a hand stopped her. The girls nails piercing into her wrist, "Let go of me." Y/n said sternly trying not to make a scene. "Oh c'mon freak, show everyone what you're truly made of! What was it again? Evil?" The girl laughed. Y/n said nothing, she tried to get out of her grip, but instead it tightened. "You're so fucking pathetic." The two girls laughed.

By now a few eyes were staring at the scene. Draco noticed everyone in the Great Hall was silent, when he looked up seeing Y/n in trouble. He took it upon himself to do something. Draco got up, his eyes were dark gray and his nose was scrunched. "Get the hell away from her." He yanked the Ravenclaws hand away from Y/n making her step back a bit. The two Ravenclaws looked at each other, "We were just trying to have some fun." Draco reached for the inside of his robe, but Y/n stopped him, shaking her head. "Don't ever lay your hand on her again, or I'll make sure the both of you don't ever see the light of day." The two Ravenclaws left in a hurry, making Draco roll his eyes.

+

He looked at Y/n with worried eyes, "Are you okay love?" Y/n sighed, "I'm okay Draco, thank you." She grabbed her belongings and walked out of the Great Hall, but Draco quickly followed her. "Hey, you can't keep ignoring me. We need each other Y/n. Stop isolating yourself." Y/n looked into his eyes, thinking about how much she missed them. Instead of saying something, Y/n hugged him, taking Draco by surprise, but he quickly returned the hug.

"People were talking about all of you because of me. I thought if I didn't hang out with you guys, they would stop. But they didn't." She softly cried into his shoulder. Draco tightened his grip around her, "Shh it's okay. We know you didn't mean to ignore us. Just please know all of us are here for you. Please don't ever do that again." Y/n nodded against his shoulder. She pulled away looked into his eyes, he smiled softly seeing her red puffy eyes. His thumb wiped away her tears, he brought her close to him– connecting their lips.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you." He mumbled against her lips. Y/n chuckled hugging him once more. "Come, let's go back. You have people that missed you." He said to her and she nodded.