Replacement

After everyone came back from the Ministry, Pansy told Y/n everything that happened. Y/n was informed about the death of Sirius Black, who was Harry's godfather. Bellatrix killed him, she killed his only family. Y/n was so mad at herself for not fighting with them, but she knew if she did – Voldemort would have certainly killed her.

"It was absolutely mad, I honestly thought I was going to die." Pansy winced slightly as she laid on her bed. Upon fighting off death eaters, she hurt her arm. Everyone came beaten up and injured. Many members of Dumbledore's Army also knew Lucius was a death eater. Making Harry believe Draco was soon going to be a death eater.

"Is Draco still angry?" Pansy asked her and she nodded sighing. "I lied to him, he has every right to be mad." Pansy shrugged, "It's not like you cheated, you had to lie. He would have told Umbridge."

Y/n's POV:

Lunch time finally came around. Pansy and I were sitting alone of course. Most of our friends sided with Draco, well because he was basically the leader of our group. We didn't care though, we ignored the glares they sent us.

I was eating a pastry with some tea, while Pansy was eating pie. We were both talking about my upcoming birthday, which were after our OWL's. "Let's go to Hogsmeade we can grab a butterbeer! We can even invite the Gryffindor's!" Pansy smiled and I nodded agreeing. I hoped Draco would have been less angry with me, but things didn't change. I wasn't going to let that ruin my birthday. "You've got to be kidding me." Pansy glared at our friends. I followed her gaze and saw Astoria sitting next to Draco, who was playing with his hair. Draco did look slightly uncomfortable, but he didn't tell her to stop. "I guess he's found himself someone to entertain him." I sighed.

Draco and I didn't break up, right? Why was he acting like this? Draco looked up meeting my eyes, only then did he slightly pushed Astoria. I rolled my eyes at him, "What an asshole. He knew what he was doing." Pansy continued to stare daggers at them, "I'm going to kick both their asses." I chuckled lightly, her joke made me feel a bit better. "It's fine. He can do as he pleases, I guess we aren't together anymore?" It hurt saying those words. Draco was my first love and for him to leave because of a small mistake, seemed so unlike him. But I guess I didn't really know him. Pansy looked at me with worried eyes, "You guys broke up?" I shook my head, "Well no, but he's acting like it. I don't want to be some toy to him." I glared once more at Draco, "Can we go somewhere else?" I asked Pansy and she nodded.

We both walked towards the doors of the Great Hall, as we were passing Draco, Pansy spoke up. "Got yourself a replacement already Draco? No one could ever compare are Y/n." I looked over at him, he didn't say anything. As we finally left, Pansy and I began to laugh uncontrollably. Oh how much I appreciated her, she was doing everything she could to make me feel better.

Studying for our OWL's was getting exhausting. Pansy, the trio, and I spent almost every night at the library, until we would get kicked out. We sat towards the back, where we could be loud enough to talk normally and not distracted other students. Hermione had created all of us flash cards. Harry and her both use them in their muggle school and told us they were perfect for studying. We would all quiz each other, each person to get the question right got a piece of candy, which made studying a bit fun. The boys would always have less candy, which made us girls fun to tease them.

It was great having these things to distract me. No matter how many times Draco would look at me, he would not talk. I'm not quite sure if he wanted me to make the first move, but I wasn't. I told him the truth and if he didn't want to believe me, that's on him. I still loved him terribly, it sucked not having him around. He always made me smile and make me feel better. I missed his presence, his kisses, him.

Although he would hang out with Astoria, or more like she would always be by his side– I knew he missed me too. Pansy would always tell me how he was staring at me in class or when we were in the common room, talking to other people. I always shrugged it off. Since our group stopped talking to us, many other Slytherin's began to approach us and have casual conversations with us. It was so weird we never talked to anyone else, but our group. I'm glad they approached us, we both met upperclassman men.

Adrian Pucey, Theodore Nott, and Marcus Flint started to hang out with us more. It was their last year at Hogwarts, which was so unfortunate because we had just met them and they'd leave soon. They were all quidditch players as well. Slytherin had an upcoming game with Gryffindor, which was going to be amazing. Of course I was rooting for my house to win, but Harry, Ron, and the twins were playing as well – so I was also rooting for them.