The Party

A/N: I woke up and saw my book was #1 in "draco malfoy x reader" and i am so happy omg! thank you for the constant support! i'm honestly so surprised!

+

There she was, contemplating whether to go to the party with the Hufflepuff as his date, or stay in the dungeons being alone.

Y/N was in her room pacing back and forth trying to decide what she should do.

1. She was technically single, so going to the party with Cedric wasn't a big deal, right?

2. If she did go with him, how would Draco react? Would he cut her off and never want to speak to her again?

But then again, Draco had never asked her to be his girlfriend, for all Y/N knows he could be with some other girl right now doing the same things he did to Y/N. But deep down she knew he wasn't.

It was decided, Y/N was going to the party as Cedric's date.

She changed into party attire clothing, did her hair and put on some light makeup. It's just a small party, nothing too major. She left the dungeons waiting for Cedric to exit the Hufflepuff common room. She watched as many Hufflepuffs left their common room going towards Gryffindor's.

A couple minutes later Cedric came out, wearing a button up shirt and black slacks, he looked very handsome. She smiled at him and he returned it, "So is that a yes?" He told her and she nodded. He smiled as he wrapped an arm around her waist and they walked towards the party.

Draco had been in the library, he was working on his potions essay, but the whole time he was thinking about how he was going to ask Y/N to be his girlfriend. Earlier in the day, Draco had received a letter from his parents approving him to date Y/N. He had never been more relieved. After the library, he went towards the Hogwarts garden, grabbing a rose for her. He couldn't wait any longer, he was determined to ask Y/N.

He walked the corridors seeing many Hufflepuff's and Gryffindor's talk about a party. He rolled his eyes, what a waste of time.

He entered the dungeons, eagerly looking for Y/N, but she wasn't there– which was odd. He had asked around asking where she was, but not many people knew. It didn't take long until he connected the dots, if Hufflepuff's were talking about a party, she would surely be with Cedric– her friend.

Draco asked himself if he should wait for her in the dungeons or steal her away from Cedric. Of course he was going to get his girl back from her friend. He left the dungeons going towards the party everyone was talking about. Upon his arrival many students looked at him as if he was lost. He would roll his eyes and scoff. He wasn't invited to the party, so he didn't want to show up unannounced. He grabbed a random Hufflepuff asking if they could bring Y/N out, and so they did.

The random Hufflepuff went inside the Gryffindor common room looking for Y/N, who was standing next to Cedric. "Y/N? Draco is asking for you outside the common room." She looked over at Cedric, "I'll be right back." She set her pumpkin juice down and went outside.

She met his eyes, he looks so handsome. She walked towards him, "Hey, what's up?" She asked him. Draco took her hand, walking her away from the party and loud noises. "I've been looking for you." Y/N smiled, "Oh I was at the party, Cedric asked me to go with him...as his date." She looked down towards her feet. Draco let go of her hand, "His date?" Y/N bit the inside of her cheek, "Don't worry as a friend." She said quickly.

Was it really just a friendly date though? Y/N knew she lied to Draco. But she didn't want to hurt his feelings. She had feelings for Draco, she didn't want to let him go. Was she being selfish? Absolutely, but when she was with Draco she got this feeling she didn't get with Cedric.

Draco looked at her raising his eyebrow slightly, "I see. Do you like him?" Draco looked down and avoided her eyes. "No." Y/N said truthfully. "I have feelings for someone else." Draco looked up meeting her e/c eyes once again. "Who might this be?" He asked and Y/N smirked, "I think you already know." Draco looked up smiling a bit.

"I came to ask you something." He told her and Y/N nodded waiting for him to continue. She knew what he was going to ask. Her stomach did many twists and turns and inside she was screaming in happiness: FINALLY!

Draco's other hand brought up a rose, "I know it took me so long to ask you this and I hope you can forgive me for making you wait, but will you be my girlfriend Y/N?" Her cheeks filled with color a huge smile appeared on her lips, "Yes Draco, I'd love to be your girlfriend." Draco gave her the rose, kissed her forehead and hugged her tightly.

"Now, go on and tell Diggory you can't be going on friendly "dates" anymore because you're mine." He told her, making Y/N laugh a little. "I'm going to go tell him I'm leaving with my boyfriend." The word brought smiles upon both their lips. "I'll be right back." She told him, giving him a quick kiss on the check and going back inside the Gryffindor common room.

Y/N did feel a bit horrible having to leave Cedric alone, after all she was his date. But her happiness mattered more. She went back to where she was before and went towards Cedric. "Hey Cedric can I talk to you?" He nodded leaving with Y/N to another corner of the room. "I'm going to head out, thank you for inviting me and asking me to be your date, but I want to be with Draco. I'm really sorry Cedric."

Cedric looked at the girl with sad and confused eyes. Cedric has such a kind soul, even after the girl he liked turned him down– he could never be mean to her or anyone. "It's alright Y/N, do what makes you happy." Cedric hugged Y/N telling her goodbye and she left, meeting Draco at the hallway.

Y/N felt a feeling in her heart, sadness. She hated having to see Cedric sad. She only hoped their friendship would stay the same.