Break

It was the next morning, Y/n was packing up some of her belongings. She was only going to be gone for about a week and a half. She packed her favorite sweats, shorts, and shirts. Most of her clothes were still back home. After putting everything in a small suitcase, she went down stairs to meet up with her friends before they all had to go back to the train.

Most Hogwarts students stayed in the castle during small breaks like this, but Y/n wanted to go home, she was finally going to see her parents after a long time of them working.

"Who's staying here?" Y/n asked. Both Blaise and Daphne raised their hands. Y/n smirked at them. "Will you two please stay off my bed." She told the couple, making Daphne turn red and Blaise to look at his girlfriend. "We should get going then, we don't want to be late." Y/n told Pansy and Draco. The three of them got up, hugged their friends and made their way to the carriages that took them back to the train.

After arriving at the train, the three of them got a compartment in the back. Y/n set her suitcase on the empty seat across from her. "Are you guys doing anything interesting over break?" Pansy asked. "I don't think so, at least not anything interesting." Y/n told her. "I think I'm just going to be left alone, my father is still working at the ministry." Draco said sighing and putting his head back into the seat.  "I can ask if you can come over? I mean, both of you." Y/n told her friends. Pansy smirked, she knew that invitation only applied to Draco. "That would be lovely." Draco told her.

Y/n mentally cursed at herself, why was she acting like this towards him. Out of all people, him? She didn't want to have a crush on him, they were completely different. She just couldn't help, but think about all those moments they had together, alone. Something about spending time with Draco made her feel good about herself.

Yes, she might have disagreed with his ways, but Y/n couldn't get him out of her head. The past few months, they had both gotten a lot closer with each other, but not enough for her to develop a crush, right?

Y/n was never one to express her feelings towards anyone. It was hard for her to reciprocate her feelings. She was never use to people loving her, especially her parents. She knew her best friends loved her, but this was different. They loved her as a friend, did Y/n like Draco more than a friend?

She sighed as she grabbed her book and read, trying to distract herself from the thoughts of him. The more she read, the more he was in her mind. She would constantly look up from her book and see his face. She didn't want to feel like this, at least not towards him!

She huffed and she set her book down, both Pansy and Draco looked at her with confused faces. "I need to talk to you." She grabbed Pansy's hand and led her to another empty compartment, where Draco couldn't hear.

"Woah, what's wrong?" Pansy asked Y/n, who looked very frustrated. "I don't know Pans, I don't know what's going on with me! Every time I see him, I get this weird feeling in my stomach and it makes me feel sick!" Y/n sighed running her hand through her hair. Pansy smirked looking at her, she knew she had a crush on Draco.

"It's okay to feel that way Y/n, it's normal." Pansy reassures her. "No it's not, I'm not suppose to feel that way towards him. He's so mean to everyone and I can't like someone like him." Y/n sat down and put her face in her hands. Pansy sighed as she sat down and hugged her, "He may be a git, but he is not mean to you. When he is with you, he changes." Y/n looked up at her friend, "What if he doesn't like me back?" Pansy smirked once again, "I wouldn't be to sure about that." She got up and grabbed Y/n's hand as they went back to their normal seats.

"Are you alright?" Draco asked Y/n and she nodded. Feeling quite embarrassed, she got her book again and didn't dare to look up the whole train ride.

After what seemed like days, the train finally stopped. Y/n grabbed her suitcase and made her way out with Pansy and Draco. "Oh I see my parents, I'll see you guys soon!" Pansy hugged both of them and left. Y/n was on her tippie-toes, desperately looking for the driver or her parents. "I see my parents too, I'll see you later Y/n. Mail me?" Draco hugged the girl and she hugged him back. "Of course, have a great break Draco." She smiled at him as she watched him go. Moments later she saw the family driver, she ran towards the car and sat in the back seat, eagerly waiting to go home.

The car ride was silent, all she could think about was the conversation she had with Pansy. What did she mean by, 'I wouldn't be to sure about that'? Could it be possible Draco liked her as well? Y/n's cheeks heated up.

Finally the car stopped, she grabbed her suitcase and ran up the stairs that lead to the door. She opened it, looking around for her parents, but as usual they weren't there. Ester, the house elf, made her way towards Y/n.

"Hello Miss L/n, how are you?" Y/n smiled at the elf, "I'm alright, do you know where my parents are?" The elf grabbed her suitcase as they made their way up to her room. "Well, you see..." The elf sounded disappointed. "You can say it, I know they aren't here. They lied didn't they?" Ester set her suitcase in her room, "They will be back, they had to do something for the ministry." Ester smiled at Y/n as she left her room.

Y/n sighed, she quickly took a shower and changed into comfortable clothing and laid on her bed, disappointed. The false hope her parents gave her, got to her badly. All she wanted was a normal family, but they would always disappear. She got up and went towards her desk and began to write a letter to Draco.

Hi Draco,

It appears that my parents have left me alone as well. I'm kind of disappointed, but what can I do about it? You can always come over whenever you'd like, I would highly appreciate the company. Anyways, please write to me soon, I am bored out of my bloody mind.

Take care,
Y/n

She gave the letter to her owl and saw it leave. She went downstairs into the kitchen where Ester was making food. "Hello Miss, would you like to eat now?" The house elf asked and Y/n nodded as she sat down. "Do you know when they'll be back?" Y/n asked, as the elf put a plate of food in front of her. "I'm sorry I don't know the answer to that, they have been gone for almost a week now." Y/n rolled her eyes as she began to eat and gave a quick thank you to Ester.

She ate in silence thinking about how lonely this break was going to be.

A/N: Please vote if you enjoy the story! <3