Exams

The day had finally come, the day Y/n hated, exams. Even though she had been studying with Draco nonstop, she still felt nervous and doubted herself. She quickly changed into her uniform skirt, shirt, the school cardigan and her robe over the uniform. She grabbed her bag and an extra quill and ran into potions, trying not to be late.

She sat down after a couple minutes as the room began to fill. Draco sat down next to her, "How are you feeling?" She sighed, "I'm kind of nervous, I'm just glad you helped me study." Draco looked at her and half smiled, "You'll do amazing Y/N, stop worrying about it, we studied for almost a whole week. You are more than prepared." She returned the smile and began to take out her quill. "Bloody hell." Draco cursed, Y/n looked over at him and raised an eyebrow. "I forgot my quill." He sighed running a hand through his hair. "Don't worry, I brought an extra." She said as she got another one from her bag. "Thank you." Draco told her and she smiled.

Snape finally entered the room, "You have one hour to complete the exam, absolutely no talking or looking around-- you will receive a zero." He said sternly. A bunch of exams flew into everyone's desk and all the students began. Y/n began her exam, some questions were so easy she didn't have to think about it, but there were some she got stuck on. She did the easy questions first, after about 30 minutes passed by she had finished more than half of her exam. She looked over the hard questions, she took a couple minutes on each one before answering.

Draco finished his exam, before anyone else. He had about fifteen minutes left, he took the exam to Professor Snape and left the room. Y/n focused back on her exam answering the last few questions. Finally, she was on the last question: "What potion makes broken bones grow back?" She read. She knew this one, Draco asked her this exact question. She took a couple seconds before writing down, 'skele-gro'. She finished with just five minutes left, she quickly gave Snape her exam and left the room.

She felt like a huge wave of stress was lifted up from her shoulders. She sighed loudly, "Hey, how was it?" She looked up seeing Draco. "Oh you waited?" Y/n asked. "Of course, I wanted to know how you felt after the exam, so how do you think you did?"

"I actually think I did good, some questions were hard, but not impossible to answer." Draco smiled, "See I told you!" Y/n laughed, "I know thank you again, I wouldn't have passed without you." She hugged him tightly, she really was thankful for him. Draco hugged her back, taking in her smell– lavender, vanilla, and a bit of rose.

They walked towards the forest and headed to Hagrid class. His exam was easy, it was 15 questions about magical creatures. Everyone quickly finished the exam, leaving everyone with basically a free period. Y/n and her friends decided to go back to the common room and study for the next exam, DADA. The exam consisted of perfectly casting a patronus spell. Y/n had been unsuccessful trying to cast hers. Every time she tried to cast the spell, nothing would work.

"You have to think of your happiest memory Y/n. Look like this." Draco took out his wand, "Expecto Patronum!" A white light came out of his wand forming a dragon. Y/n looked in awe, the dragon was so gorgeous. She sighed, "Okay I'll try again." She took a deep breath trying to think of a memory that brought her happiness. Was it getting into the House of Slytherin? Or maybe the day she met her two best friends? Those memories did bring her happiness, but not enough for her to cast the spell. "Wait I know my happiest memory!" Y/n said excitedly. "What is it?" Draco asked. "It was the day we flew around Hogwarts!" She smiled at Draco. He couldn't believe what she just said, was her happiest memory really with him? Y/n grabbed her wand, "Expecto Patronus!" The white light from her wand formed a fox, she watched with a huge smile, as the fox ran around the room.

Her happiest memory was with him. Draco felt the happiest he's ever been. She thought about him, like he thought about her. "What's your happiest memory?" She asked him. "The day I caught the golden stitch on my first game." He lied. His happiest memory was the day they both went into Black Lake, when they played cards and laid on the blanket looking at the sky. He would always remember how happy she looked pointing at random clouds.

"We should get going then, we don't want to be late for Professor Lupin." Y/n told him. They grabbed their bags and made their wait into the Dark Arts classroom.

Everyone was performing the spell, some with the help of the Professor. Y/n and her friends easily passed the task. After all the exams were taken, Y/n and her friends passed them. She was proud of herself for not giving up.

"Let's head down to dinner?" Pansy asked and they all agreed. Each other them made their way down to Great Hall. Draco and Y/n had small talk about the exams.

The Great Hall was decorated beautifully. After all, they were celebrating the end of their first exams. Y/n couldn't believe how fast half of her first third year went by. She was excited for spring break, she hoped her friends could come over.

As Professor Dumbledore began his speech about how proud he was for the student, Y/n laid her head on the table. She had been so exhausted, today drained all her energy. Draco noticed she was closing her eyes slowly and couldn't help, but stare.

"Make it more obvious, will you?" Pansy whispered to him. He rolled his eyes, "Y/n his speech is about to end, why don't we eat a little and we can head back to the dorms?" He look at her and her e/c eyes slowly opened, she sighed as she got up.

She leaned her head on Draco's shoulder, at first he was stiff– he didn't expect for her to do this. But he ended up relaxing himself trying not to make anything obvious. Pansy looked over at her two best friends and smiled, she couldn't wait for them to get together. She just needed to persuade Y/n a little harder.

+

A/N: Hello guys! If you enjoy the book please vote! :)

Question of the Day:  What is your favorite HP movie?